Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Employers Liability Insurance

• 22-04-2021 4:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭

Hi,

I'm looking for advice and brokers who supply employers liability insurance.

I already have public liability which I couldn't get in Ireland, and this provider doesn't do employers liability.

The nature of my business is outdoor activities such as kayaking and surfing.

Thanks for your help!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,998 ✭✭✭Eggs For Dinner

salad17 wrote: »
    Hi,

I'm looking for advice and brokers who supply employers liability insurance.

I already have public liability which I couldn't get in Ireland, and this provider doesn't do employers liability.

The nature of my business is outdoor activities such as kayaking and surfing.

Thanks for your help!

I've never seen an insurer offer Employers Liability without Public Liability ( for any business). so I think you will have difficulty. Very odd that your PL provider doesn't offer it.

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭salad17

I've never seen an insurer offer Employers Liability without Public Liability ( for any business). so I think you will have difficulty. Very odd that your PL provider doesn't offer it.

It's because our PL company is abroad, but they can't legally offer employers liability from a different country.

But we can't get insurance here at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,998 ✭✭✭Eggs For Dinner

salad17 wrote: »
    It's because our PL company is abroad, but they can't legally offer employers liability from a different country.

But we can't get insurance here at all.

If your PL insurers are EU, they can.They are obviously regulated to the Central Bank standard

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Blub123

Arachas have a dedicated sports/leisure liability section

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭salad17

If your PL insurers are EU, they can.They are obviously regulated to the Central Bank standard

They seem to think they can't, and in fact they have a system in place where they get our local insurers to cover us for 350K public liability top up and employers liability while they cover the bulk of public liability, in order to avoid the issue of companies who can't provde Emp Liab on it's own. However I can't seem to find anyone who'll do this either.

• Advertisement
Advertisement