Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is the F2000/3000 signifyingly better than the d1000?

Options
  • 22-04-2021 6:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭

I know generally all 3 devices are considered poor and that the d1000 only works on 2.4ghz whereas the others are dual-band. Basically, my question do they offer a greater radius in terms of coverage for VOIP/Video calls?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭babelfish1990

magick wrote: »
    I know generally all 3 devices are considered poor and that the d1000 only works on 2.4ghz whereas the others are dual-band. Basically, my question do they offer a greater radius in terms of coverage for VOIP/Video calls?

Thanks!
    5GHz actually offers much less radius than 2.4GHz. Everyone makes the assumption that a "better" router will improve their coverage. In most homes, you need to have 2-3 access points to get full coverage on WiFi. Just add a Mesh system, and switch off the WiFi in your D1000. You can add as many access points as you require, but 2 or 3 will do most homes. A mesh system will also ensure clean handover as you move from one zone to another without breaking down voice or video calls. TP Link Deco etc will do fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭magick

5GHz actually offers much less radius than 2.4GHz. Everyone makes the assumption that a "better" router will improve their coverage. In most homes, you need to have 2-3 access points to get full coverage on WiFi. Just add a Mesh system, and switch off the WiFi in your D1000. You can add as many access points as you require, but 2 or 3 will do most homes. A mesh system will also ensure clean handover as you move from one zone to another without breaking down voice or video calls. TP Link Deco etc will do fine.

Thanks for the info, I'm just wondering if its actually worth upgrading to either the f2000/3000? Or would any benefits be negligible?

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭babelfish1990

magick wrote: »
    Thanks for the info, I'm just wondering if its actually worth upgrading to either the f2000/3000? Or would any benefits be negligible?

It's probably not worth upgrading to F2000 or F3000 on its own. However, F3000 supports Eir's own-branded mesh system 'Smart WiFi hub". If you get an F3000 and an additional mesh Access Point from Eir, this should improve your coverage.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭magick

It's probably not worth upgrading to F2000 or F3000 on its own. However, F3000 supports Eir's own-branded mesh system 'Smart WiFi hub". If you get an F3000 and an additional mesh Access Point from Eir, this should improve your coverage.

Thanks for the advice!

Advertisement