Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Moderator for 223

• 22-04-2021 6:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭

Anyone know if there is any where selling DPT moderators in ireland. Anyone using the hausken moderator too and how would you rate it.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 473 ✭✭The pigeon man

Anyone know if there is any where selling DPT moderators in ireland. Anyone using the hausken moderator too and how would you rate it.

I have the hausken moderator for my 223. It's unbelievably quiet and light.

I also have the wildcat evolution moderator for sale. A bit heavier and not as quiet but easy to clean and very well engineered

https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2058132210/1/#post115298558

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭corelokttikka

How much is the hausken and are they easy to maintain ?

How much is the hausken and are they easy to maintain ?

€325 plus €75 for the mesh which makes it quieter. You need a tool to open it but it's pretty easy once you get used to it.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

You need a tool to open it but it's pretty easy once you get used to it.
    Have the Jd224 with mesh myself and needed to open it to clean but didn't have nor want to pay for the tool.

Got an antique pipe wrench my grandfather had/left me and i opened the wrench inside the "nut" using the outside of the wrench jaws instead of he inside. Then turned as normal. Job done. :D
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

Cass wrote: »
    Have the Jd224 with mesh myself and needed to open it to clean but didn't have nor want to pay for the tool.

Got an antique pipe wrench my grandfather had/left me and i opened the wrench inside the "nut" using the outside of the wrench jaws instead of he inside. Then turned as normal. Job done. :D

That's an interesting way to open it. Great mod I think it's the best mod available for hunting.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 452 ✭✭Sharpyshoot

You always get a free opening tool with every hausken mod.

Advertisement