Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Haix boot resole?

Options
  • 22-04-2021 7:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭

Anyone know where in Ireland I could get mine redone? Or do I need to send them to Germany?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭cookimonster

Great Out Doors in Dublin got mine done, but unfortunately that was over 20 years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭twowheelsonly

Great Out Doors in Dublin got mine done, but unfortunately that was over 20 years ago.

I worked for Great Outdoors in Cork waaaay back then and we used to send them to a crowd in Lancashire. I got a pair of Brasher boots done myself and it was a top glass job.

EDIT: This guy is the first result up for Boot repairs in Ireland. https://www.isaacjackman.ie/about

• Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭Bog Trotter99

If you send your boots to the UK for repair then you will get charged extra vat by Ireland when they re-enter the country again. Lovely EU rules of spite.

So in effect you are paying vat twice. Once in UK and again in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭karlram

I renege reading somewhere that you could send them back to Haix for repair but tried to contact them with no luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭karlram

Thanks for any advice. I sent them off to Isaac Jack man's.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭Vittu

How did you get on, I have 2 pairs of Haix and both have failed due to the sole. Local cobbler says they cannot be fixed due to material they are made from.

Would really love to see them fixed.

Advertisement