Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Working from home - decent office chair <€150?

Options
  • 22-04-2021 7:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭

Hi folks hope you can help. Been sitting in a kitchen chair at the desk and the spine/neck/shoulders are feeling the appropriate ache from zero support. Budget is 150 max. Would really appreciate recommendations from anyone else working from home who found a good comfortable chair with the right support. Am tall (6ft2in) if that makes any difference. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭tommyombomb

Hi folks hope you can help. Been sitting in a kitchen chair at the desk and the spine/neck/shoulders are feeling the appropriate ache from zero support. Budget is 150 max. Would really appreciate recommendations from anyone else working from home who found a good comfortable chair with the right support. Am tall (6ft2in) if that makes any difference. Thanks in advance.

Get onto office and ask them to get you a chair. Mention you are crippled. Most places will shio your current one out to you or get you a new one if they are a bigger company

• Registered Users Posts: 2,561 ✭✭✭wandererz

Partner has the same problem and asked me to get a new chair. The current one is an office chair with vented back, so not just a basic kitchen chair.

I suggested this add-on instead, as a first step, as the available chairs in the right price range aren't that good.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07F92WQYS/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_glt_fabc_XSR8G2J1288KYMF7CYZJ

If it doesn't help we will have to go test out chairs.
    I use an extendable bar stool at the kitchen bar counter.

The counter is raised higher than a normal desk and the bar stool at highest height helps with bad posture.

You could also look for a riser stand for your desk.
    This allows you to work standing up for periods of time without having to get a riser desk.

I got this one for my home office almost exactly one year ago.
    The current price of £80 is a great price compared to last year.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07MTJ8C4S/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_glt_fabc_A97XFGXQ510HC98ZFQCH?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Bravobabe

Hi

As suggested if your working from home for a company ask them for (or assistance in getting a chair)
    Consider bringing your office chair home (if you have one or can get access)
    Good chairs need to be adjustable (height, back angle, arm rests and pan (seat - to do with length between knee and hip).

Standing Desks or desk risers are a good solution but are not cheap (200 - 600)
    I got this and find it good (I stand 90% of the time)
    https://www.ajproducts.ie/office-conference/office-furniture/office-package-deals/package-deal-standing-desk-office-chair/26949763-32229028.wf?productId=32224026

Mind your back - the problem will not go away, unless you do something about it. Problems will only get worse and will have long term health implications.

Advertisement