Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Looking for a Trainer

• 22-04-2021 8:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭

My partner and I have a 2 year old Collie/Lab mix. He's a lovely dog. Very playful and intelligent.

However, he's an absolute nightmare to take for a walk. Just constantly pulling in ever direction and will just drag you along.

He understand the commands we use to get him to wait and slow down however he chooses not to listen to them and instead is just trying to do his own thing.

It's gotten to the point now where we actually dread walking him as it's just not enjoyable and can be sometimes scary as he'll wonder wherever he wants.

Does anyone have a trainer they could recommend in Dublin who could potentially help solve this?

We've tried numerous times to train him ourselves but have had no luck.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,536 ✭✭✭dobman88

Would recommend Anne from AniEd after she helped us with our high strung, energetic, lead reactive German Shepherd. Training is ongoing still by ourselves with him but her teaching us and making great progress was invaluable.

https://www.anied.ie/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭VonVix

I'd highly recommend checking out www.apdt.ie for a trainer. The trainers there are fully assessed when it comes to their knowledge and skill.

[Dog Training + Behaviour Nerd]

Advertisement