Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Account

Options
  • 22-04-2021 10:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭

Hi. I am looking to sign up through the Bonkers deal.

Just a few issues. I have a new build house.

How do I know if it is urban or rural? The house is in an estate in a rural village.

How do I know if the ESB will fit a smart meter or not?

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 361 Verified rep Electric Ireland: Aoife

Hi Helpneeded86, 

Thank you for your interest in Electric Ireland.

Have you applied for a new connection directly with ESB Networks? When you this you are assigned an MPRN and they will also determine whether you are an urban or rural customers. 

ESB Networks maintain the electricity network for all suppliers, including Electric Ireland. We recommend asking them directly if a smart meter will installed. Their contact details are here.

If you already have been assigned an MPRN, please send us a private message with your name, address and MPRN. We can check if the property is rural or urban.

Kind regards, 
    Aoife

Advertisement