Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid vaccines - thread banned users in First Post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,485 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

Then you’d be breaking the forum rules. You must be looking for an out as a martyr. There has been plenty of those already.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭snowcat

There is 2 cohorts of posters here equally extreme in their views. There can be no doubt that vaccines have saved lives primarily among the elderly and seriously compromised. There also can be no doubt that the vaccines carry a risk, some known some unknown of serious side effects and death. NIAC spent a long time evaluating whether this risk was beneficial before authorising the vaccines. They understood the risks and had to evaluate if those risks were worthwhile in the broader context. In kids for example they initially said no they are not worth the risk, but then reevaluated when Covid became widespread.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,687 ✭✭✭whippet

You are correct .. nothing unusual there .. just standard stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,236 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

One cohort of people have been claiming that the vaccines are secretly harmful and have been jumping on any scrap they can to try and support this belief, even when that scrap does not at all support them.

Another cohort has been claiming that the vaccines do things like alter your DNA or make you become magnetic or make you infertile etc.

No one has been arguing that the vaccines are completely 100% free of risk.

I think its fair to say both sides have been at it. There is a middle ground that also has a fair disregard for both the extreme anti vaxxers and extreme pro vaxxers.

• Advertisement

Middle ground? When one side is completely based on deliberate lies and misrepresentation of data while the other is not, there is no middle ground.

Also, who are the extreme pro-vaxxers? I don’t recall anyone saying that everyone should get vaccinated. They just provided reasons that vaccination is good.

Is that the only reply you can muster? You are both siding, and there isn’t really a case for it when one side is based on lies and misrepresentation.

No, it's not fair to say.

Please provide an example of what you consider "extreme pro vaxx" stuff. Point out anywhere where anyone argued that the vaccines do not have any side effects or were 100% safe.

If you can't do this, how could it be "fair to say both sides... etc etc"?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Hoop66

Typical stuff really. Once all the conspiracy theories were proved to be nonsense, their proponents come back with "OK, let's agree we were both wrong".

Transparent and pathetic.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 41,608 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

"Round earthers are just as bad as flat earthers. You guys should try to find middle ground."

This is a perfect example of what I am talking about..anyone who dares to query anything is likened to a flat earther. 🙄

Your comment would have been cool if you had called it first.

What middle ground is there when one side is solely based on lies?

Yes both sides may have extremities but that does not mean you can lump those in the middle ground with either of them.

snowcat, im genuinely interested to know what the "middle ground" is between:

(a) "the vaccines are safe to take for the vast majority of people, and are exponentially safer than catching the virus itself"

and

(b) "the pandemic is a global conspiracy designed to make everyone take this DNA changing vaccine which makes you magnetic"

(a) is backed up by the most tested results of a vaccine ever in humankind, whilst (b) is what grifters use to make money off gullible fools.

what exactly is half way between both of those viewpoints.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Dakota Dan

The first 3 worked well but the fourth will really hit it on the head until they want you to take the fifth.

What would your thoughts on the fact that the potency of the virus and it’s mutations were less as the uptake of the vaccine increased?

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭KieferFan69

Interesting to see once again the indignation and hatred from those that decided to try this pharmaceutic product. They cannot tolerate people who made another choice. Everyone and his dog knows these vaccines were useless for 99% of population. All the vaxxed got sick and they continued to spread it too, but still they will cling to shallow conception of ‘the science’ as it was delivered to them on daily television. These warriors will die for their truth even after the wheels have long fallen off.

peace

The middle ground is you get to take whatever junk they cook up in German pharma lab but you do not get to claim the rest of must walk on eggshells around you and withhold our ability to engage in regular life, shops etc. After all you guys were spreading this disease all the time in pubs and restaurants and airplanes while the vax-free were not allowed. You are allowed to try the product and rationalise it however you need to but not beyond your own body or you children

• Advertisement

Yes. When you and your fellows are claiming things like the vaccines being secretly dangerous and its makes people magnetic, the comparison to flat earthers is kind of apt.

However I used it to highlight why your call for "middle ground" is a bit silly.

I asked you to provide some examples of "extreme pro vaccine" stuff. Could you please do so. Please quote some examples.

If you can't do this, don't just dodge and ignore the question.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,997 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

It's embarrassing at this stage.

You can comprehend that Covid mutates, like seasonal flu, so vaccines have a limited effect in reducing the spread. They do however dramatically reduce deaths from the virus (and hospitalizations). Children understand this stuff.

except what you are saying is actually scientifically false ... I've very little feelings towards anyone who didn't get vaccinated .. but I do take issue with those who feel they can spread lies and misinformation about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,997 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

Both sides? There is no "other side" to how vaccines work.

Ok.

Extreme Pro vax. Some examples

Someone that would be extreme pro vax in my opinion would be someone strongly in favour of Mandatory/forced vaccines.

Someone who believes that the whole human population needs to be vaxxed and this will control Covid 19.

The vaccines have negligble risks to all even though we are less than a year and a half into universal adoption and we really do not know long term effects

Believes without question what the Pharma companies or governments/scientific community dictate.

These are the main points

Half way would be.

Does not believe that mass vaccination will irradicate Covid 19 as it is a mammalian virus,constantly mutating.

Believes in vaccines but not yet sure on these new Covid ones. Especially mRNA.

Vaccinated themselves but will not vaccinate their children

I think the anti vaxxer views are well documented

Cool. Quote some examples of people expressing these arguments.

I don't think you will find one poster on this part of the forum that falls under your description of "extreme pro vaxxer". Please prove me incorrect.

I've been around this forum since the start of covid and not once have I seen anyone post that vaccinations should be forced onto everyone. You'll find many who will say that this who chose not to get vaccinated shouldn't share the same freedoms during the pandemic as those who are vaccinated, but of course that is a completely different thing.

Also, you won't find anyone here who says they accept anything that "big pharma" or "government" say, without question. They will look to the science behind what is being said and make their own conclusions.

Of course, if you deny what big pharma, government AND SCIENCE say, then you have no source of information but extreme conspiracy sites which make money off people not believing the science. Is that you??

By the way, all viruses mutate. The Spanish flu is still with us today. We take a seasonal flu vaccine based on what will most likely be the most prevalent variant that winter. This isn't new. Vaccines being developed based on variants isn't new. In fact they are trying to develop a "catch all" covid vaccine as we speak.

However that's not to say mass vaccinations don't work in stopping the damage caused by viruses. It's worked for polio, TB and many other historical examples.

Your half way house argument smells particularly of "vaccine denying" to me.

It seems to me, as a regular poster here, that the majority of " Pro vaxers" are level headed intelligent people who read the science and have always been able to debunk the vast amount of lies and misinformation posted here, by those that are either too stupid to understand what they are posting, or have ulterior motives for posting

• Registered Users Posts: 13,535 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

And remember, we're waiting on @snowcat to provide examples, not @sydthebeat. Examples of 'extreme pro vaxx' please.

• Advertisement

what do you mean by 'either' ? are you still denying the actual science ?

Advertisement