Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid vaccines - thread banned users in First Post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭bad2thebone

Most people I know regret taking it, yes you're analogy is spot on. It was suggested that the vulnerable and elderly needed to take them. But the marketing was phenomenal, a bit like Willy Wonka and the chocolate factory and the golden ticket. People made songs and dance about the disease, and while old people, addict's, people who were depressed were getting worse due to lack of social interaction we had the media ignoring people who were crying out for help.

Was it 81 people who died of covid in Ireland most older than their age expectancy. But yet grandkids were petrified of killing granny. So they could only chat with her through the window. Biggest farce in modern day history.

I knew an old couple who got fined for driving 4 miles outside of their limit to have a picnic in their car over looking the beach. But yet there was people dancing on top of people's misery, and the media was telling us it's great.

Then they found the magic potion which almost every one took without question. The liberal democrats said they wouldn't trust Trump's warp speed vaccine, then they made out it was because of them it's been such a success.

Lies lies and more lies.

Well you're certainly not sealioning very well. lol You're more like a dolphin cruising around knocking people off surfboards when people are trying to catch a wave.

You're definitely not getting paid because you're not doing a very good job here.

The truth is the vaccines were for the vulnerable and elderly, and it's one of the most successful marketing campaigns in history.

And they'll continue to make a mint out of covid because the elderly and vulnerable will have to keep boosting themselves for the rest of their lives.

As for healthy people like yourself and I we don't need to be perpetually boosted. Our immune systems will take care of us.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,485 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

Nah. I’m here to help counter the nonsense posted by anti-vaxxers in case someone gullible stumbles across the thread and falls for your and others lies.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,990 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

The vaccines have saved millions of lives and have taken the pressure of our national health systems. A decent achievement.

All anti-vaxxers have done is pass money to grifters, die unnecessarily from Covid and blog up hospitals. Cool I guess, but not really equivalent..

Oh and alienate themselves from family, friends and colleagues

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,193 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Yea bingo, this is the government who brought in apartheid. It goes a bit deeper than not trust at this stage of the game, I want to see a few of them swing from the rafters.

The distrust is entirely rational.

Note how many conspiracy theorists are also anti-vaxxers. Does it ever cross your mind this is because they are similar individuals with similar irrational world views OR because they super intelligent people who know more than the experts..

Think.

• Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭moonage

The pro-vaxxers on here like to think of themselves as being on the side of science, logic, rationality.

Yet they were behind the idea of mass vaccination—that it was ok for every man, woman and child to get jabbed, regardless of the almost zero risk of serious illness from covid for the vast majority.

Even though the jabs didn't stop you catching it or passing it on, the pro-vaxxers logic failed them to such a degree that they condoned giving the needlecraft to perfectly healthy young and middle aged people. The notion of risk/reward seemed to evade the pro-vaxxers' warped minds.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,193 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Where's the Conspiracy, you mightn't have noticed it but there's a lot who did.

I know where your going with this, Pro Trump, Pro Putin etc.

I'm not in support of Putin's special mission in Ukraine but Volodymyr, yea another petty tyrant no better than Trudeau, neither would get my vote based on how they punished people for a virus they didn't have.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,527 ✭✭✭✭Dav010

Just to clarify, do you think provax people think that the vaccine stops you from getting/passing on Covid?

From day one, it has been made clear to all that the benefit of a vaccine was to reduce the effects of Covid on those who contracted it.

Has there been reward? Yes, are there risks? Yes, does the reward outweigh the risk? Mortality and morbidity rates among vaccinated appears to indicate it does.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,236 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

Yea, they keep ignoring all of the uncomfortable things the others are claiming on this thread and else where. Won't even acknowledge it exists.

They want to pretend that all of the other conspiracy theorists are making valid points even though they think their claims are nuts.

It's pure dishonesty and cowardice on their part.

Misrepresentation.

Meanwhile however, you guys have claimed that the vaccines are part of the depopulation plot. You guys have claimed that the vaccines have secret nanotechnology. You guys have claimed that the vaccines cause SIDs.

You guys keep claiming things that show you don't know thing one about science. For example, you guys recently claimed that the body fights off covid by sneezing it out.

The healthy people who took the vaccines all they did was stop people who really needed them clog up hospitals, put pressure on the health system and feared a virus which only effects a tiny proportion of the population.

All the healthy people did was cost the health system millions on unnecessary vaccines and time wasting while making the pharma industry billionaires at the expence of the economy going tits up.

That's an equivalent for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Juza1973

Not from day one, from day one it was sold as a failsafe shield. Maybe in scientific circles it was discussed it could not be, but on the media there was no mention of it.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭hometruths

From day one, it has been made clear to all that the benefit of a vaccine was to reduce the effects of Covid on those who contracted it.

Horsesh*t. This basic lack of understanding that you and every other poster on the forum that preaches about facts has absolutely fascinates me.

Do you really believe this, and if so where did you hear this on day one? Can you provide a source that confirms it?

Or if you don't really believe it, why do you keep repeating it?

Nope. You are projecting absurd hysteria about the restrictions, in exactly the same way conspiracy theorists do. There's a complete overlap there.

Here's what you wrote.

not meeting friends/family for 2yrs, buying a €9 safety meal, letting people die alone, getting arrested for walking past 5km, turning into a full blown Nazi wishing death on others then taking 4 jabs in 12mts and still ending up in hospital with a crooked face.

This is so mental I don't know where to start. Not to mention you compared common sense restrictions against a pandemic to "apartheid". If you started saying this stuff to a psychologist they would start classifying you.

Crooked face? Justin Bieber? It's literally just been explained to you what medical experts believe caused that. You've decided to believe some anti-vax blog from someone with no medical qualifications. Okay. Again, borderline mental.

Why do you ignore all of the false claims by your antivax buddies?

You jump down this poster's throat for what you believe is a false claim.

But when folks claim the vaccine causes SIDs. Nothing.

When they lie about what papers say. Nothing.

When they make claim after lie after misinformation. Nothing.

We're not going to convince you off your stance. You've failed to convince anyone else.

So level with us and explain why you don't take any of your fellow conspiracy theorists to task.

You either agree with them, or you don't want to contradict them.

Which is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Obi_Wan_Kenobi

Is it time to move this out of the conspiracy forum ?

I am vaxxed myself and lucky I didn't have any side effects, but some people do... and quite a lot it seems with Covid vaccine.

The vaccines reduce deaths from the virus by approx. 90%. They also significantly reduce the chance people will be hospitalized with the virus. The critical aspect during the extreme peaks of cases was that national hospital systems could be overrun. Several times, multiple national health systems actually came close to these limits. Unthinkable scenarios. The vaccines have saved countless lives, they've also dramatically reduced pressure on hospital systems during peaks (compared with the past)

The lunatics, and conspiracy theorists, and anti-vaxxers and anti-lockdown types here don't understand this or don't want to understand this. They minimize the virus, they attack restrictions, massively exaggerate any risk from the vaccines, they just froth and rage about it all to varying degrees. This forum is a sluice for all that stuff, we've had two years of posts of these people shrieking about restrictions, cloth masks, talking about Communism, comparing it to apartheid, claiming the vaccines are dangerous or don't work, claiming no one has died from Covid, claiming only a few people have died, claiming it's fake. It's all the same nonsense really.

Why do you ignore all of the false claims by your antivax buddies?

Because as I've told you before I don't feel the need to comment on every post on here, becauae I differ from you in that:

a) I don't believe it is about one side or the other and everything one side says is true, and everything the other side says is false.

b) I don't have the time.

By the same token why have you ignored @Dav010 false claim "From day one, it has been made clear to all that the benefit of a vaccine was to reduce the effects of Covid on those who contracted it."

By your logic you either agree with them, or you don't want to contradict them.

Which is it?

• Advertisement

Because I don't think it's false. And even if it was false, it's nothing compared to the lies claimed by you guys.

You didn't really answer my question.

Why do you have the time to keep reposting your rants, but not the time to read short posts. That doesn't make sense and smacks of you making a lame excuse.

So please tell us an example of a false claim being made by a conspiracy theorist.

Point out an example of something you disagree with.

The data doesn't indicate this. Real data, not distorted anti-vaxxer interpretations.

I'm much more concerned about Covid and the effects of long-Covid (which several people I know are experiencing)

Most of these posters are thread-banned in the other vaccine threads, the few remaining ones use this because they can get away with their nonsense here

80 something people died in Ireland from covid but yet the media were giving out daily figures of hundreds of deaths. Absolute lies and bullshit.

And you're wondering why people believe there's a raft of conspiracies. The difference between a conspiracy theory and the truth is 3 months.

The virus only effected the elderly and vulnerable, Bill Gates even admits that healthy people didn't need to take the vaccines.

Most people who died of covid were aged above the average lifespan of the general population.

If all those healthy people who knew they didn't need the vaccines left them to the elderly and vulnerable we'd probably only had 20 deaths of covid. Selfish desires to go to McDonald's and the med comes to mind.

What rock have you been living under?

WHO website.

“What are the benefits of vaccines?”

“Getting vaccinated could save your life. COVID-19 vaccines provide strong protection against serious illness, hospitalization and death. There is also some evidence that being vaccinated will make it less likely that you will pass the virus on to others, which means your decision to get the vaccine also protects those around you.”

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/vaccine-benefits.html

https://www2.hse.ie/screening-and-vaccinations/covid-19-vaccine/?gclid=Cj0KCQjw-pCVBhCFARIsAGMxhAcnl8fgvjXaN_k-fHXrPXoLtX4xwD5FnViLYWGiMobpTT1BMpELkqsaApBbEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

Around 7k people have died in Ireland as a result of Covid.

The news was not giving out "daily figures of hundreds of deaths" in Ireland.

I'd ask you to give the methodology for your personal figure of "80" deaths in Ireland, but I know it will just be gobbledegook, so am saving us both the effort.

So please tell us an example of a false claim being made by a conspiracy theorist.

Point out an example of something you disagree with.

Sure. From @Dav010

He's been arguing about a specific quote he got fed from twitter and has decided that it only has one specific meaning and definition that he and he only subscribes to.

Lol. I clearly meant a conspiracy theorist anti vaxx claim.

Clever dodge though.

You won't answer it because you won't dare contradict any conspiracy theory claims.

Every time a provaxxer lies a demon looses it's wing's....

• Advertisement

Never argue with an idiot King, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Advertisement