Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid vaccines - thread banned users in First Post

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Nothing to do with my opinion. 1+1=2 isn't changing,and the way you calculate the ratio of the risks between two groups of population isn't ever going to change.

Whilst the numbers you input into the equation may change over time, the equation doesn't. The numbers that were in the link you provided show very clearly that the higher risk group was those who were unvaccinated, just the article that your source wrote around those numbers was deliberately misinterpreting them.

Do you accept that they misinterpreted the numbers?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,236 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭bad2thebone

You'll have to accept that we're finished the discussion.

We're done now, and you'll just have to find someone else to keep asking questions.

Bye bye

@hometruths

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭hometruths

So you believe that 40,000 to millions is a plausible figure.

How about less than that?

10,000?

2,000?

Also plausible?

Obviously if I believe 40k to be a plausible figure then I believe that the lower figures are also plausible.

Unless of course you are asking me if I think 10k or 2k deaths maximum is plausible. In which case the answer is no.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,485 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

So we reach the point where you just can't bring yourself to admit that your source got some basic maths wrong, and rather than admit that you run away instead.

What's with the tagging hometruths? Is this a tag team? Or did you forget which account you were logged in under?

Well no, it's not obvious that you will believe lower figures as it's possible for figures to be too low.

You wouldn't accept the idea what 1 or 2 people only have died from the vaccine as plausible, would you?

I'm asking so you can clarify. If I had assumed you also believed that the lower figures were plausible, I get the feeling you'd be complaining about misrepresentation again.

Ok. So you believe the range could be anywhere between 2000 or lower and millions. Pretend wide there.

Which number do you think is the most plausible and why?

Why do you believe that the higher numbers are plausible at all when you are unable to explain the issue with them that I pointed out (and you of course ignored.)

ok, to be clear, I believe 2k and 10k are too low.

I thought this was obvious as I have previously said I thought 40k was conservative.

I have no idea what number is the most plausible. You asked me about 40k specifically and I answered you.

i didn’t ignore your reasons that you think this is implausible - you said that in your opinion these numbers are significant enough that they would be widely reported - I replied that this is simply your opinion, and as such we have a difference of opinion.

in the absence of any concrete evidence or data, that’s all this is - a difference of opinion.

Ok. Why do you believe this when you've no evidence or reason to believe that 10000 is accurate?

How much would be too high? The conspiracy theorists you were agreeing with claimed millions were possible.

• Advertisement

And when you were asked to explain why such a high number of deaths due to vaccines wouldn't be noticed or reported, you dodged. You can't explain this, so your opinion doesn't make a whole bunch of sense.

No I got mixed up, I was going to ask @hometruths something then got sidetracked because my irrigation system exploded, and it was chaos in the glasshouse, I was replying to you as well and no I wasn't adding anyone to the conversation. but for some reason on my Android I couldn't delete the @username it. If you've an Android try it yourself. It doesn't delete, well I couldn't anyhow.

My apologies @hometruths

I’ve told you why - I think these numbers are small in the context of total vaccinations.

I’ve no idea what number would be too high, I have not given this any thought at all until you asked me did I think the 40k figure was plausible.

but you seem to be very confident that this is not plausible, and have given it a lot of thought. And since your parameters are so much narrower - 0 - 40,000 - perhaps you would care to share what you think.

How many deaths do you think the vaccines have contributed to?

No but you'd love it if I had two accounts and got caught out. You and your goons would be still mentioning it 4 year's later and everytime someone new comes in, you stupid **** will think it's me lol

Why do you think the numbers are small? What's that based on? How do you know that they are too small?

And yes, I am confident that the higher numbers are not likely to the point of being practically impossible, especially if we are to believe that millions of deaths are occuring due to the vaccine.

If that number of people were dying because of the vaccine, it would be obvious, it would be reported on and action would be taken. If there are 10s of thousands of deaths, then there would be millions of other very noticeable severe side effects as well. If you're suggesting that there's millions of deaths, then there's 10s of millions of cases of severe side effects as well.

There's no way that experts and organizations would miss this while you and your friends have somehow figured it out based on your own hunches.

Conspiracy theorists would suggest that this is because of a global conspiracy to cover this up. But I will assume that you agree that this isn't a valid explanation.

I believe that there has been perhaps only about 3000 deaths on the higher end of the scale directly due to the vaccine (excluding allergic reactions.)

Fair play to you for answering the question. You think 3000 deaths are due to the vaccine, and I think it is multiple orders of magnitude higher, but I’ve no idea what the figure is.

A clear difference of opinion. No harm done.

Cept I can explain where my opinion came from and I can support my opinion with more than my own personal hunches.

I asked you to explain why you thought the lower estimates were too low. You can't do this. You've no reason at all to claim that they are too low.

I explained why the higher estimates are not plausible. I asked you to explain the issue. You cannot do this either.

You are simply plucking your opinion out of thin air must like drunk monkey pulled the number out of thin air.

Not all opinions are valid just because some one holds them.

In the opinion of some of your fellow conspiracy theorists, the vaccines make you magnetic.

I’ll happily debate this with you if you’ve got to something to debate other than an inflated self regard for your own opinion, but until then it’s pretty pointless.

perhaps you can persuade astrofool to share the data that proves 40k is totally implausible and then we’ll have something to discuss.

Lol but I've already explained my points. None of them have anything to do with my "self regard".

You're just ignoring them as usual because you can't address them.

I also explained how your opinion seems to come from the "inflated self regard" you're accusing me of.

What are you basing your claim that the lower estimates are too low on?

Simple direct question. Answer it please.

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Fr0g

It's an estimation based on assumptions and therefore cannot be presented as proof of anything.

Why does it bother you where I post? What has that got to do with the discussion here?

• Advertisement

OK. So then you believe that the study is wrong and fraudulent again.

And your dodging the question.

I'm asking you why your posting here because the answer highlights the central flaw in you position. Your claims are all conspiracy theory nonsense that aren't welcome in real discussions.

You continual dodging of this answer shows that you know this is the case and you understand why it undermines your position, you just aren't honest enough to admit as much.

Unless of course you'd like to fall back to the default conspiracy claim and accuse the boards mods of a conspiracy.

I didn't accept the explanation. The fainting happened 20 minutes later and she appeared to deteriorate and collapse too slowly. It's perfectly valid to consider that the vaccine could have caused it. It was a red flag to me.

I have many other red flags in my list too.

I’ve answered this before and you’ve told me I’m wrong, in your opinion.

i am saying, in my opinion, they’re too low based on the sheer volume of vaccinations. Out of billions of vaccinations I think 3k is likely to be closer to a rounding error than a total.

The idea that anything higher than 3k would be such a significantly high number that the global media would be demanding answers is ludicrous, in my opinion.

for the avoidance of doubt, I am now going to leave this difference of opinion there. It’s pointless continuing it.

I think you have me confused with someone else. My claims have all been backed up with sources. I have presented many sources that no one has refuted.

Simply raising perfectly valid concerns about a medical procedure doesn't make it a conspiracy theory.

I never accused the mods of a conspiracy theory. Once again you are maliciously trying to misrepresent me.

You always fall back to childish name calling regardless of what account you have used. Reported for personal abuse.

Lol looking back at all the times you've been personal with people, you're an absolute hypocrite.

But report away.... Calling me out for having multiple accounts, you deserve to be slagged off and called whatever...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,082 ✭✭✭patnor1011

Dr Peter McCullough, Dr Richard Bartlett and Dr Simone Gold join Joni Table Talk host, Joni Lamb to discuss the Swedish in vitro study that shows the Pfizer jab installs DNA into the human genome.

I said it before, if you have a problem with my posts then please report them.

No point in reporting anyone here,as we're all grown ups and you might have been offended but I thought you had thick skin to be honest.

No I'm not really bothered about squealing to the mods. But if you're a squeeler and easily offended maybe you're better off not posting here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,672 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

Already posted, you again misunderstand it, but that's par for the course here :)

What King Mob is asking is why you think 40k is plausible, if you have no answer to that, then say so, asking others to provide the answer for you again (when you lack the capability to understand it) is disingenuous.

You have shown time and again you don't accept others answers, why would anyone bother posting stats for you? Especially when some have been exceptionally patient only for you to throw it back by getting pedantic or obsessive or screaming off on another wrong tangent.

You have done a good job of getting data posted on how safe the vaccines are however, there is 0 evidence to counter their safety.

Advertisement