Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid vaccines - thread banned users in First Post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,157 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

If that was true, they'd only be using it on vaccinated people.

Of course, the poster won't be able to show any such that. And won't do it, because it will cut the legs out from under their argument. Again.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,236 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

He's probably going to walk it back again. "I wasn't claiming that, I was JAQ!"

• Registered Users Posts: 6,485 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

Twice in the last 14 hours, it was claimed that something wasn’t said when it was, and could be proven from scrolling back a page. Could multiple people be posting from the same account?

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭hometruths

There has also been billions spent on failed SARS-COV2 vaccines, CureVac and Sanofi to name 2.

Pfizer and Moderna to name another two.

You are making a statement of fact which is without evidence. Your claim is garbage, baseless, refuted by the Lancet Study YOU posted on the thread. You saw the report. You had zero comeback to its effectiveness at protecting against severe covid & the protection it offered over 6 months in infection. Now you double down with this nonsense. Do you think we have forgotten already the report you introduced as evidence?

• Advertisement

those two just seem to have a lot of cases of vaccine failure for such supposedly successful vaccines. AstraZeneca too.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,673 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

From completely agreeing with the scientifice data and analysis of the vaccines to this when you found out it proved your fantasies wrong.

I am unsurprised :)

Millions of people are alive today that would have died from COVID because of the vaccines.

This is irrefutable.

Spin away again little lamb! (or obsess, whichever floats your boat).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭bad2thebone

They made an effort to create these vaccines, but It's my opinion they thought they were going to work wonders.

But it's obvious that the virus is much smarter than anticipated.

If they admitted that their vaccines didn't work as well as intended and admit that they omitted their projections people would probably say "fair enough **** happens they tried their best with what they had at the time"

The writings on the wall now, back to the drawing board as they say.

Ah, the walk back begins when challenged. First it was that the vaccines were failure. Now you talk about cases of vaccine failure when you know you can't defend your original claim.

This is not a failed vaccine and anyone who makes the claim, without qualification, that it doesn't work or is a failure does not do so on the basis of evidence.

"For the outcome of severe COVID-19, vaccine effectiveness waned from 89% (82 to 93; p<0·001) at 15–30 days to 64% (44 to 77; p<0·001) from day 121 onwards....

For protection against infection Pfizer:

mRNA-1273, with a vaccine effectiveness of 96% (94 to 97; p<0·001) at 15–30 days and 59% (18 to 79; p=0·012) from day 181 onwards.

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lancet/article/PIIS0140-67362200089-7/fulltext

There is no writing on the wall other than tweaked vaccines for new variants similar to annual flu vaccines and current vaccines being used for an Autumn booster.

Also, funny to watch the jumping from mRNA to all vaccines and back again depending on which lie the anti-vaxxers are trying to push.

Again, millions of lives saved by vaccines, by far the cheapest measure of the whole pandemic vs. ongoing restrictions and over-run hospitals.

Unvaccinated were 12-20x more likely to be in ICU vs. a vaccinated person, the unvaccinated prevented restrictions being lifted sooner and thus prolonged the pandemic for everyone (and luckily we never restricted them from accessing the health system for their idiocy).

• Advertisement

If they admitted that their vaccines didn't work as well as intended and admit that they omitted their projections people would probably say "fair enough **** happens they tried their best with what they had at the time"

Yep, it's the "Vaccines are working amazingly!" revisionism that bothers me.

What fantasies of mine were proved wrong, and how were they proved wrong?

Lol dude. You keep jumping in with these little empty nuggets you know you can't defend.

You ignore all of the false claims that your fellow conspiracy theorists have made. You ignore all of the times your claims have been shown to be false.

What do you think you're achieving with these fly by posts?

A vaccine that provides negative efficacy against infection relative to the unvaccinated after 8 months is a failure.

But again, why then aren't you bothered by any of the revisionism and outright lying coming from the anti-vaxxer side?

You still refuse to comment on it and keep pretending to not see it. So it's very clear to all that this concern of your is entirely false.

Which vaccine are you talking about? Do you even know? Come on, spell it out.

The study was done in Sweden. And here's the key point:

The first was SARS-CoV-2 infection of any severity from Jan 12 to Oct 4, 2021.

Who were the people being vaccinated in under 60s in Sweden 8 months back from October 2021?

And with what vaccines.

Then show us the figures for severe covid after 8 months - either all vaccines or just mRNA.

How is a vaccine a failure if it provides durable significant protection against severe covid, and at least 6 months worth of significant protection against infection - during a global pandemic?

You write the words, but the report you introduced as evidence shows what nonsense they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,192 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

They're not working, they still claim the first two shorts prevent against severe disease and hospitalisation and that protection is still great, yet out of the other side or their mouth we've Lucy Jessop telling people to get a 3rd booster to get the same protection.

I'm sorry but that's bonkers, the first two either work or they don't, I've not seen any admission by the HSE that the initial shots don't prevent against severe disease and hospitalisation infact they're still encouraging people to come forward for their first two.

Revisionism, they've went to far, it's damage control now but they're making a mess of that too by still pushing.

Strawman nonsense. They either work or they dont. Nope, that's not how real life works. There's such a thing as percentages and waning.

And all this applies to naturally acquired immune response from being infected by covid.

By your standard of working perfectly no medicine or treatment works because it doesnt work 100%. DO antiobiotics work? Some times people have to get mixed courses or second courses. So I guess you don't think they work.

Millions of lives saved. Millions of hospitalisations prevented. But they don't work!!! Nope, that's bonkers. It is more than bonkers. It is disingenuous.

"For the outcome of severe COVID-19, vaccine effectiveness waned from 89% (82 to 93; p<0·001) at 15–30 days to 64% (44 to 77; p<0·001) from day 121 onwards....

For protection against infection Pfizer:

mRNA-1273, with a vaccine effectiveness of 96% (94 to 97; p<0·001) at 15–30 days and 59% (18 to 79; p=0·012) from day 181 onwards.

"Seatbelts don't work because you can still die in a car crash. They either work or they don't."

Also, it's really funny you guys are now starting to bleat on about "revisionism" yet how many times have you been caught out claiming stuff that isn't true or been caught out misquoting and misrepresenting stuff?

If I was asked to put on 5 seat belts after telling me one is still enough I'd be starting to ask questions.

• Advertisement

Or having to put on the seatbelt every time you get in the car...

But as we've been showing you repeatedly, you are misrpresenting things. No one told you "one will be enough." That's something you're making up so you can pretend there's a conspiracy going on.

Remember how you tried to claim that they said it would be 100% effective, and you were shown to be wrong? Same thing here. Provide an example of any medical organisation stating that you would only need two and that the vaccines effectiviness wouldn't wane.

If not, please explain where you're getting the idea from?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭bad2thebone

Well yes revisionism is a tactic used to not say sorry or I was wrong.

You'll get a lot of so called spiritual and religious people manipulating their guilt and shortcomings too and say, sure that's the way it goes acceptence is the answer, turn the other cheek yada yada yada

Like a priest robbing the parish, we have to pray for him.

The devil's in the detail.

I was a bad ass fudder mucker, so I know how these cretins operate. I was once in the cooperative world. And we do a lot of things that aren't exactly honest.

We knew all the loopholes,had all the answers. But we always get caught out in the end.

You've been shown multiple times where we were told you won't catch, carry or spread the virus if you take these jabs. You continue to deny this, then you shifted the goal posts and asked where a medical company said this, then you were showed that Pfizer said it, then it was only symptomatic spread you guys said it worked for but it didn't work for that either.

Then you claim it's us misrepresenting things.

But no, we haven't.

You were asked to provide an example of this, but when you did, I showed how you were misrepresenting things. You ignored that post.

You can't show any examples because it's not actually true.

Same with this notion that you were told that boosters wouldn't be needed or that the effectiveness of the vaccines wouldn't wane. You can't provide any examples. It's a revisionist lie that's been feed to you by grifters.

And this is of course ignoring all of the previous mistruths and misrepresentations.

Like how you just claimed that the vaccines were compromising people's immune systems based on zero evidence...

Like how you claimed it was affecting people's menstrual cycles...

Like how you claimed it was causing a drop in birthrate...

Like how you claimed it was cause news readers and athletes to collapse...

Every single thing you've posted has been proven irrefutably wrong :) You are batting 0 so far and arguing with the umpire about what constitutes a baseball while striking out. The depths you have fallen to after starting off pretending the doctors couldn't answer questions to full blown anti-vax spin conspiracist doing drive by postings.

(though at least you haven't fallen to the depraved depths of spreading fear about pregnancy like some others).

Nah, he just stays completely silent on the claims about pregnancy, will refuse to state his position on it and will most likely pretend not to even see those claims and act offended that we'd make such an accusation.

I never claimed it causes news readers and athletes to collapse, didn't mention it could be related to a drop in birth rates.

I did say it affected womens periods that's another fact your trying to whitewash, I didn't pull you up on it as I know your just trolling you couldn't be that detached from women, maybe you are as you refer to them as people when talking about menstruations.

You've been presented with experts and evidence all along the way, you choose to either ignore them, rubbish the sources or twist it in such a way nobody knows what the hell your trying to say. That's all in your handbook so I mainly ignore such fudging of reality.

Mm hmm. So if you're not claiming those things, why haven't you pulled up your conspiracy theorists friends for claiming that stuff?

If you're not claiming that stuff, please state that you believe it's false clearly and unambiguously.

But you won't. Cause you do believe that stuff or your are unable to disagree with your fellow conspiracy theorists.

Yes, any immune response can affect people's menstrual cycles. You ignore this to claim that the vaccines are effecting them more without any support for that claim.

And no, you've not presented any experts or any evidence. When you attempt to, it's always the case that you're misrepresenting stuff and ignoring parts of what you're posting.

In the most recent example, you tried to claim that experts were claiming 100% effectiveness. This was exposed as completely false by knowing the document you're referencing and knowing the parts your were editing out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,085 ✭✭✭patnor1011

It is always flights or covid. Never the vaccine. It is what they believe and somehow they know it is a fact... And we are the conspiracy theorists lol.

• Advertisement

So I didn't say what you said I said, other posters did, so you like a lot of the bad actors lied again.

Again I'm not holding your hand when it comes to research, if you believe the changes to periods are unrelated to the vaccine it tells me you haven't done much and are deliberately ignoring the subject calling it another conspiracy to add on your list.

You keep going back to the 100% effective yet it was shown to you it was misrepresented by people in power coercing others to take the jab based on such a claim.

Advertisement