Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid vaccines - thread banned users in First Post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,142 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Was Omicron around in 2021?

Another utterly disingenuous attempt at rewriting history as if the same virus was being faced across the entire period, instead the virus was now more infectious.

You don't seem capable of comprehending... things could have been worse.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

I'm sorry, but the life of a child is worth more than a 90 year old dementia patient at the end of life. All lives are not equal. That's not to say all lives aren't valuable, but they certainly aren't equal.

But you said it prevents infection even with Omicron. Did a piss poor job of it. And with variants now orders of magnitude more infectious than even in Jan 2022 - and with everyone having been exposed and infected multiple times what in god's name is the point of another booster? Particularly when it increases the risk of myocarditis.

And "much worse?" How exactly? A recent UCC study showed 95% of people had antibodies for a COVID infection 6 months or less ago. The other 5% probably had COVID back in 2020.

Some outcomes might have been worse without the original 2 doses. That's possible. But that's nothing to do with preventing infections.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭hometruths_real

if a vaccine reduces the severity of an infection where a person has less time as infectious, the cascade effect will mean less people infected (i.e. preventing infections)

Myocarditis is not a never seen before side effect from vaccinations (pretty much any infection that can cause Myocarditis in some people, it's inevitable it's vaccine will also in some people.... Covid, flu, tetanus, and many others) and no medical intervention is without risk

Your UCC study reference and how you describe it makes COVID out to be a one size fits all virus... which isn't the case, so your argument falls a bit flat... with the same angle of thought, we might aswell not take flu jabs, tetanus, or MMR again

• Registered Users Posts: 6,485 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

Wow. If your life is so **** then you have a choice to live or die. Others choose to live.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 41,596 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Your responded to your own post without changing to one of your other alternative sock puppet accounts

Rookie mistake

• Registered Users Posts: 6,485 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

It has happened him/her many times now. It must be hard to keep track of who he/she is when they have multiple personalities.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,236 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

Speaking of. Are you going to try and back up your claim that kids are more at risk of myocarditis from the vaccine than injury from the virus?

I asked you this before and you ignored it in favour of posting this silly memes.

That's usually a sign that a conspiracy theorist has been caught out in a fib and is trying to run away from it.

maybe their real life alter ego got the vaccine

Hey now, he could have just been quoting himself to answer his own post.

Which would not be much better than pretending to be two different posters.

• Advertisement

Taking echo chamber to the max

edit: @Big Bag of Chips can snowcat have a subforum where they just post and answer themselves?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭snowcat

The vaccine fanatics have some weird conspiracy theory that anyone who is not one of them is a conspiracy theorist anti vaxxer with multiple accounts. Its an interesting one that some psychologist should study. Where did you come from hometruths_real since you are obviously copying another users name? You have recently registered and appear to be a rabid pro vaxxer with contempt for anyone who is not one of 'you guys'

Firstly, still no such thing as "vaccine fanatics". There's no such thing as "round earth fanatics".

Secondly, we only call people conspiracy theorists when they believe that there is a conspiracy theory going on. You believe this, though won't elaborate on your conspiracy theories such as your belief that studies about the vaccines are fraudulent at the orders of some powerful organisation. Or your belief that Boards itself is part of this conspiracy and is conspiring to prevent you from posting in certain forums.

Thirdly, I've lost count of how many times anti-vaxxers and other conspiracy theorists on this forum have accused people of being paid government agents as well as being the same person with multiple accounts. Your complaints are completely hollow.

Your complaints are simply attempts by yourself to distract from your previous failed claims like the notion that the vaccines were causing infertility and that the vaccines gave children a greater chance of myocarditis than the virus did of causing injury.

You could of course have just been quoting yourself for some silly reason. You won't elaborate on the reason here either. Most likely because it would sound silly.

Since none of you have even remotely answered my other points, why should I bother? But here you go anyway: https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/sep/10/boys-more-at-risk-from-pfizer-jab-side-effect-than-covid-suggests-study

I'm actually a science fanatic... Didn't get the vaccine? cool, I don't really care. But lying about the science with lazy arguments is where the comedy is, the crap some of the anti vaccine people have come out with in this thread is something I laugh my ass off (and colleagues) to every day, so thanks for the comic relief...

Where did I come from? The internet, just like you.

Im a science fanatic too. I dont really care if you got the vaccine or not either. I dont lie about the science. I question the science. Im a STEM grad. First class honours. We were thought to query norms. Not to follow the crowd. I always question and i will never be bullied to get in line and follow the crowd. If you look at any of my posts on the mRNA vaccine I state they are my opinions. Like a lot of science at the moment there can be an alternate viewpoint. There is no rights and wrongs. Be it nuclear energy, gmo vaccines/food, climate change other questions/queries/opinions should be tolerated especially when we are dealing with a novel vaccine technology that has just been used on billions of people and we simply do not know what or if there will be any lasting or generational impacts. Hopefully not. Respect for other opinions and room for debate should be left open rather than consigning any non aligners as conspiracy theorists or anti science.

Christ, First Class Honours from a STEM program and you still post garbage

Whats your qualification? Public servant that responds to commands and is working out till his pension? Rumbled or not?

• Advertisement

My money would be on a Kinzen "fact" checker..

Say critics. Hmmmm. That's science. Some people publish a study and others disagree. First you look at who is funding each side and go from there. If the funding is independent and doesn't mean powerful people will lose face then you can take the study seriously. Otherwise it's akin to tobacco industry studies on lung cancer.

That's also by the way why population level statistics are the gold standard to test any hypothesis. Studies can be biased, deliberately or accidentally, in all sorts of ways.

I don't know where the truth lies with myocarditis in young boys Vs COVID. I do know that common sense would tell you if you are a young boy who has had COVID, getting a vaccine shot on top of that is increasing your risk of myocarditis and other side effects for no benefit.

It's still astonishing that people aren't tested for antibodies before getting a booster.

OK. Do you have any evidence that the people who are critiquing your study are being funded to do so and to lie about stuff?

Or are you just plucking that notion out of the air because you can't address the criticism?

You did lie about the science. You've done it a lot.

Most recently you posted a study you thought supported one of your false claims, but in fact directly refuted them in its conclusions.

Either you were lying about it's content or you were lying when you claimed that your read the study. (I'm pretty convinced it's the latter.)

You have since been ignoring and dodging this point ever since because you aren't able to address this issue directly and honestly.

It's not "bullying" to point out that this is what you did. It's stating a fact.

Likewise you keep being labeled as a conspiracy theorist because you believe there is a giant global conspiracy going on.

It's not "my study" it's "a study". You asked me to provide evidence of the assertion that vaccine induced myocarditis in young males is more likely than from COVID calling me all sorts of names and I did so. Now you are spinning hard to make it out to be "my study". LOL.

And as for evidence, I have none, nor do you, to decide which study is actually correct. All we can go on is what we are told and can read. And population level stats, which are hard to fake. In this case we don't have any for vaccine induced myocarditis v COVID myocarditis. Very difficult to distinguish the two, although spikes coinciding with vaccine / booster rollout in various age cohorts would point towards it.

Ok. So you've nothing at all to suggest that the criticisms of the study are false and funded by some conspiracy. Weird that you brought this point up in the first place then.

Can you provide these "population level stats" that show that vaccines are causing more myocarditis than covid hospitalisations in kids?

Also, any chance you'll be going back to explain your veiled accusations about people's profiles are on private?

Or why you keep accusing people of being Kinzen or whatever?

You have no evidence the study itself is false either. I never said either the study or it's criticisms are false - I merely said you would need to know the vested interests on both sides. Putting words in my mouth.

I'm not replying to any more of your disingenuous statements when you refuse to address the failure of COVID vaccines and the restrictions to prevent infection.

The accounts on private are curious - I was speculating why that might be - these accounts are anonymous so there is little reason to have them on private.

Not everything is an attack you know. This is a conspiracy theory forum.

But I do. There's a bunch of criticisms about the study you cannot address other than to make vague accusations of those criticisms being funded by vested interests.

And now it looks like you too are looking for an excuse to run away and hide from difficult points.

You can't provide any "population level stats" that show that vaccines are causing more myocarditis than covid hospitalisations in kids.

You aren't even confident enough to stand behind your own accusations. This is either because your accusation about people's profiles being on private is fairly shallow and you were just trying to insinuate that this was suspicious for some reason, but now realise that you've nothing more than that. Or you believe that these people are somehow being paid to post as part of a conspiracy, which is silly and would undermine your credibility if you stated it directly.

So you're not reply to my posts any more? You haven't really been replying to them before, so nothing's really going to change.

I suspect that snowcat will be along shortly to pat you on the back for this.

Well done Mark Little & Co. Our tax euros hard at work.

• Advertisement

Sorry, this appears to be abject nonsense.

If you're making an accusation, grow a spine and make it directly.

Advertisement