Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid vaccines - thread banned users in First Post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Shilock

Thanks for the suggestion, you're probably right if I put them on ignore would they dissapear from my side the debate.

I just don't get them, they seem to be uninterested in the topic and only here to upset people.

It's a thread about a conspiracy and nothing to do with debunking said conspiracy.

You're not going to get a vegan attacking fishermen in the angling forum calling them out for killing fish or will you get someone in a religious forum telling them they are deluded and constantly getting personal, or someone in the Christmas forum being all bahh humbug It wouldn't be tollerated. Yet when you guys try to have a discussion amoungst yourselves these guys come in all gun's blazing. Calling ye liar's and worse....

Well if they're laughing at the new microchip technology and pretending that they never called anyone out it being a possibility.

Then the last laugh is on them.

The smile could be on the other side of their faces if what the conspiracy theorists said about the vaccines. But they would probably still twist it in their favour.

Probably NPC's non playing characters, just like robot's programmed to come up with the same OLE response to you guys...

Meat golums is another phrase, just operating from the reptilian part of the brain, because they debate via impulse and emotions rather than logic and reason....

• Registered Users Posts: 25,236 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

But again you and your friends are suggesting that the vaccines are a giant global conspiracy to depopulate the planet.

Are we out allowed to pint this out or point out how silly that idea is?

Are we not allowed to point out the other wacky things you guys have claimed?

And again you repeat your false whinging about derailing debate all while continuing your tactic of ignoring and running away from questions and people pointing out when you are using false information.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

We are very interested in the topic, just conspiracy theorists refuse to tell us what their theories are other than some vague references to mystery evil masters who are going to do something bad, but they can't tell what, when or how.

Anglers would be happy to discuss angling, religious people would be happy to discuss their religion and lovers of all things Christmas would be delighted to regail you with their favourite Christmas things.

Just explain your theory.

They don't all believe in a conspiracy to depopulate the planet, that's your belief. I think you're so far down the rabbit hole now you're just pulling at straws .... depopulation of the planet via vaccine... will you listen to yourself.

If a few of us ignore a few of ye, then maybe we can discuss all this without your whining and complaining about conspiracy theorists and scoring points etc

Would that suit you mob, being ignored and nobody engaging with you :)

I'm trying to find out the theory from the people who are interested in conspiracy theories, but there's other members derailing the thread by calling the people who research conspiracy theories silly name's and liar's. That's then derailing the thread. Nobody here can have a discussion or read people's theory without the others acting the maggot.

I said in a few conversations that I don't believe in depopulation via vaccine and I think when this is over the Mask's and passports will be gone. But for the foreseeable future we're not seeing that happen for a while.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,762 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

Wait, you're looking from some coherence from conspiracy theorists? Let us know if you manage to find it. For the most it's constant goal post changing, deflection, belief in half truths and pseudo science.

But they do believe this. It's been claimed on this thread several times and no conspiracy theorist has contradicted this despite being asked directly.

Conspiracy theorists don't actually engage with anyone anyway. They already ignore points and questions whenever they can't address them.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭hometruths

Out of interest why do you spend so much time in a conspiracy theories forum abusing people who want to discuss conspiracy theories? It seems a bit odd, like hanging out in the gardening forum just to derail threads about gardening.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Nope. It would be like going onto the gardening forum and finding a post from a gardener stating that tomatoes are blue. Then when someone asks for evidence of tomatoes being blue the gardener states that potatoes have wings and getting upset about people repeatedly asking them about blue tomatoes.

Nothing is being derailed by people who are asking for details of the conspiracy theories. It's the lack of any substance to any of the theories, and then the conspiracy theorists complaining about being asked what their theories are which derails the threads.

I have to burst your bubble there, but tomatoes could be manipulated by genetic engineering to turn blue, and there's already a blue tomato...

https://www.etsy.com/ie/listing/164942279/osu-blue-tomato-10-seeds-heirloom

• Advertisement

See, it wasn't that hard to answer a question and provide some evidence to back up the claim.

Now why can't that happen for any conspiracy theories?

I don't abuse people. Nor do I derail discussions. I've asked before how questions like "why do you believe that?" Or "could you explain you conspiracy more?" derail threads. Never got an answer.

At the same time you seem to be ignoring the things that do derail threads that the conspiracy theorists are doing, such as telling deliberate falsehoods and avoiding points and questions. Not to mention the actual abuse leveled at people who don't buy into conspiracy theories.

Also as I've stated most conspiracy theorists don't want to discuss conspiracy theories. They want to link dump about their own particular theories and then not have anyone doubt or question them.

I post here because I'm interested in conspiracy theories. In particular I'm interested in why people believe them when they are obviously false.

I also believe that misinformation like that posted in this thread should be confronted and challenged. Many posters provide great debunking information about the myths and propaganda being spread by conspiracy theorists.

Now for the actual topic.

Do you believe that the vaccines are dangerous?

If not why do you believe conspiracy theorists on thos thread have been claiming so? Why do you think they've been lying to do so?

Do I believe vaccines are dangerous? I think it is too early to tell. I think the risk/reward ratio for any healthy person under 30 is skewed against the vaccines. For under 18s even more so.

What I think is dangerous is the blind faith being placed in these drugs, rushing to vaccinate primary school kids, and talk of mandatory vaccines is dangerous.

Whilst I have seen plenty of accusations of lying, I haven’t seen any lies.

Did you miss the lies about metal being in the vaccines, them making arms magnetic, non magnetic coins sticking to people's arms, vaccines containing microchips, Bill Gates using the vaccine to do <SOMETHING>, 5G tracking being enabled by the vaccine, hundreds of thousands of people dying from the vaccines, sunburn (and other things like decapitation) being blamed on the vaccines...?

I must have missed a few, but those are some of the highlights.

lol Im qualified horticulturist,so I have an idea about plants, and it's probably possible to have a genetically modified potato that could possibly look like it's growing wings too, but I wouldn't eat GMOs... well possibly I have eaten them in cereals etc but as a rule I prefer to eat as much organic vegetables as I can.

I don't trust too much research on pesticides and herbicides etc that's why I'm interested in reading about different observations on the benifets and danger's of vaccines.

RNAi-based biopesticides and plant patogen interaction is very interesting too.

only been dipping in and out for the last few weeks, so have not seen any of the magnetic/5g/bill gates chat. Did see some talk of sunburn/decapitation but if I recall that was posted by somebody trying to discredit all adverse reactions? This is quite common.

i certainly don’t recall anybody genuinely trying to claim vaccines caused decapitation

people dying from the vaccine? Certainly has not been proven as a lie yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,984 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

Asking someone "what is the conspiracy" is not derailing the thread

Conspiracy theorists generally have zero interest in normal discussion, they just want others to validate their fantasies, delusions or lies. Never to challenge their views.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,984 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

Covid vaccines have been shown to be overwhelmingly safe, no one in this thread has demonstrated otherwise, no one has explained any coherent conspiracy.

The lie regarding sunburn and decapitation was down to conspiracy theorists taking the numbers of reports listed on medical issues reporting sites, where they happen to collate the data based on any other medical intervention that the patients have recently had... Such as vaccines.

Those numbers were then reported by conspiracy theorists as being actual proof of every adverse reaction to the vaccines with zero regard for the actual data within the reports, such as sunburn and decapitation, having absolutely nothing to do with vaccines.

The data is absolutely nothing to do with what conspiracy theorists were claiming it was. They do this every couple of months and have certainly used the UK, US, and EU versions of the data so far. Next time the thread cycles back around the topics they may be quoting another county reporting site if they can manage to translate it, but will of course ignore the pages of explanation about what the data doesn't represent.

but did anybody say vaccines cause decapitation?

if not then to say they did is a downright lie.

all I saw was posters claiming large numbers of adverts events reported, and then a pile on using sunburn and decapitation to discredit the poster.

but it is not a lie to say there are a staggeringly huge amount of adverse events reported with these vaccines.

• Advertisement

Yes it is a lie because that is not what the numbers show.

The totals for deaths and reports included in the data was repeatedly quoted at us and claimed to be due to the vaccines. No disclaimers about the vast majority of the data being from totally unrelated reports, just that all deaths and reports were due to the vaccines was the claim by conspiracy theorists.

The data included reports of sunburn and decapitation and this was pointed out to multiple times, but the claims that all numbers were due to the vaccines continued, so yes they were lying.

But there is context you are missing.

The reporting sites for adverse effects record any kinds of adverse events after the vaccination, even if those adverse effects cannot have anything to do with vaccination. Hence why decapitation sunburn and pregnancy are all included.

The purpose of this is for experts to gather as much data as possible to see if there are any adverse effects that can be positively linked to the vaccine. To do this they need to study the data and other information.

Before then the adverse effects on the websites cannot be used alone to conclude whether or not the vaccines are the cause.

The websites make this very very clear with multiple warns on the site that you have to read before accessing and browsing the data.

Conspiracy theorists however either ignore these warnings or the Twitter crank they are getting this information from does not tell them about the warnings.

They claim that all of the adverse effects listed on those websites are definitely caused by the vaccines.

If this was the case then things like decapitation must be included.

We've asked many times for them to explain this issue or explain why they are ignoring the warnings on the websites.

As always conspiracy theorists dodge the questions.

Can you address them now perhaps?

What staggeringly huge amount of adverse effects are you referring to?

Where does the number come from?

Also you are ignoring the issue that they are also claiming that the vaccines are actually a plot by Bill gates/all governments to kill people and depopulate the planet.

Do you believe this?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,485 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

Conspiracy theorists don’t want to discuss their theories. The evidence is in all threads of the forum. That is the odd thing.

Post edited by Fighting Tao on

What staggeringly huge amount of adverse effects are you referring to?

Where does the number come from?

It comes from these databases, which come with warnings that not every adverse reaction can be automatically attributed to the vaccine. That's just common sense. But equally it is common sense that some of them will have been caused by the vaccine.

I haven't seen anybody claim "that all of the adverse effects listed on those websites are definitely caused by the vaccines" - I think you are lying. Why?

The reason the databases exist is so that red flags can be spotted. The sheer volume of reactions in such a short time is undoubtedly a red flag. And it is not just to do with the sheer volume of jabs delivered - there have been billions of flu jabs delivered but only a tiny fraction of the adverse reactions.

Also you are ignoring the issue that they are also claiming that the vaccines are actually a plot by Bill gates/all governments to kill people and depopulate the planet.

Do you believe this?

No I don't believe it. I'm ignoring it because it is ridiculous.

Have you looked up the reports for any other drugs? Fairly similar profile of reports, including "normal pregnancy" due to use of an asthma inhaler in this report (if the link works), or other reports of people with glaucoma.

The sites do not infer ANY links between the drugs and conditions. The data is just provided for researchers to look for potential links, the only reason the numbers are so high for covid vaccines is because covid is currently a hot topic. People who actually understand all the data, and know the patterns to look for go through the data and identify potential issues.

Do you believe this?

No I don't believe it. I'm ignoring it because it is ridiculous.

So that would be a lie from Conspiracy Theorists then, which was the point being answered at the start of this diversion of the thread.

It's a conspiracy theory.

Quite the claim to get worked up about if it is posted in the current affairs forum, but not entirely off topic here.

Are conspiracy theories not meant to be people exposing actual conspiracies, or at least claiming to?

Or are you suggesting that conspiracy theories are all meant to be lies and nobody should ever question them because it's just a bit of innocent fictional writings?

If it is claimed that the theory is real then it has to be open to being questioned and the flaws and errors in the idea should be pointed out.

If it's just some fictional writing then they get a pass, but the forum would need renaming and still people should be able to point out the stupid plots and ask the motivation of these entirely fictional ideas.

You can't have both.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭RoboRat

Genuine question, you talk of blind faith in vaccines... if you woke up this morning and there was blood in your urine, would you go to the doctor? If you had an accident and your arm was hanging off, would you go to hospital? If you believe in going to a medical practitioner rather than Mick the builder when you are sick or injured, why? And do you question their prognosis when given or accept that they know what they're talking about?

I'm not saying they're always right but I still trust them with my life. I've had some bad diagnosis (once told I had a sprain in my knee when I knew I had torn an ACL) but for the most part, they have been spot on.

The reason I ask is because unless you are medically qualified, you really have no reason to not have blind faith. If my car breaks down, I go to my mechanic, not my doctor, yet people seem to take the word of non qualified people as gospel over those who are actually qualified.

For me, the real conspiracy theory is why are people who are not qualified, or in rare cases qualified, pushing information that is proven to be inaccurate, or downright lies... What is their end game?

I see a certain Irish doctor posting BS, yet his social media handle is not doctor, rather he opts for TD, yet everyone reposting refers that he's a doctor (GP, not epidemiologist).

Likewise, there was a fake doctors and nurses association getting traction in the media and when I posted simple facts such as no medical personnel that I had spoken to knew of this organisation (I was working in healthcare over 4 years) and the fact that the guy who set it up clearly had an agenda because he was working for a company trying to get an alternative therapeutic into ireland. When I replied with the facts I was labeled a sheep etc etc.

The vaccine should be questioned but only with facts, not reposting crap that you seen elsewhere but you couldn't be bothered to fact check. If the information is bogus, then why are CT's not questioning the reasoning for the bogus info instead of blindly accepting it because it fits their narrative. If your going to question, then question everything.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 41,596 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Schmittel, we're going over old ground here, and it's a bit disingenuous for you to say "I haven't seen any one here claim decapitation was caused by vaccines" when the argument was made by certain CTers that "look at all the adverse reactions from the vaccines"!!! when the data was listed, without then realising or understanding (or worse still knowingly spreading disinformation)

One poster tried to claim all deaths listed were cumulative "add up all the deaths and you get a huge number"....

When there are explanations that (a) every death is recorded whether caused by vaccine or not and (B) every adverse medical symptom is recorded individually at autopsy even when multiple symptoms belong to the same case.

Every single day here we have CTers posting stuff they clearly do not understand, or knowingly lie about.

One guy yesterday tried to make out that there was something wrong with the whole pcr test system because the cdc were pulling their eua from the fda. PCR tests "being a sham" has long been a target for some CTers.... Yet it took all of 15 seconds to find why the cdc were pulling their eua. And it was a completely understandable reason.

Did that CTer come back in and say "oh thanks for clearing that up"

Did they fcuk.

I have no problem at all with claiming that the usual suspects here are either:

Stupid people incapable of analysing the data they are questioning

Grifters selling their wares to these gullible and stupid people

Or dangerous ba$tards knowingly spreading disinformation for whatever sick kick they get from it.

None of these people should be allowed post disinformation here without being checked and challenged.

This isn't "aliens abducted my pet dog" levels of conspiracy theory. This is real world consequences level stuff

Advertisement