Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid vaccines - thread banned users in First Post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Shilock

I just seen this if anybody is interested

https://www.deseret.com/coronavirus/2021/12/21/22848453/fully-vaccinated-people-omicron-variant-super-immunity

It's sort of a good example of a publication omitting important info. The omicron variant was not part of the study. It does seem promising in the sense that we have a potential endgame in sight but it also just emphasises further the need to actually get vaccinated. Which is something the posters you rail against have been backing.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,672 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

The important thing to know is that it's the immune system that causes myocarditis (as a reaction) rather than the vaccine, that persons reaction to the actual virus (via infection) would highly likely be a lot worse and a lot more risky.

It's really the chances of being infected/exposed to look at, if with Omicron, that number becomes 1, then vaccination is orders of magnitude less risky.

Well I call a spade a spade, if I'm wrong I don't deny it. It looks like good news anyhow, and hopefully it's some light at the end of the tunnel.

At magnitude it could be less risky, I'm not going to deny that.

• Advertisement

So you think the adult population who haven't received the vaccine should get it? Cause they are the group that pose the biggest risk etc.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭hometruths

• Registered Users Posts: 25,236 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

Hi, sorry, I asked you several questions you seem to have missed.

You claimed that there was a staggerly huge amount of adverse side effects of the vaccines.

I asked you:  

Which ones are caused by the vaccines and how do you know? How many were caused by the vaccines?

As has been pointed out by robinph, the reports don't seem all that different from the reports about other drugs. Can you show otherwise?

You have claimed that the volume of reports is some kind of indicator. How did you reach this conclusion?

They should get it, but not be forced,shamed or be punished. I think there's a cohort of people who would prefer a traditional type of vaccine and anyone I know who's hesitant would get one of those.

They probably catastrophise things in their head's, have a innate fear of getting really sick, disabled or die from taking it. The more they're shamed, pushed or called out on it the more they resist and fall deeper into conspiracy theories and concepts.

We're always going to have these people.

I do know a woman who hasn't had a menstrual cycle since she had the second vaccine and she's in bits because she wants to have a baby, and her friend said take the fckng booster or else I won't be your friend anymore... and a few of her friends are not going to take a vaccine because they fear that happening to them, not falling out with the one who's angry but not having a normal menstrual cycle. Now that could be a coincidence too. Only her gynecologist can diagnose and treat her.

@schmittel That study literally states the need to get vaccinated....

• Advertisement

I didn't miss them. I ignored them because of your posting style which I am not a fan of and have no wish to engage with. If somebody else wishes to ask me such questions, I'll happily answer them.

Unfortunately, they insist on replying even when they're on Ignore. There's a poster who has replied to my posts for close to a year even though they're on Ignore.

The problem is that the Ignore function isn't very good. It just blanks the posters out. You still see that they've replied to you.

But it's better than nothing. Reddit is far better. I've read fascinating thins on that forum. The threads aren't ruined by 4 or 5 posters who all say the same thing while at the same time claiming that others want an echo chamber.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

if you're going to show data that has a split between vaccinated and unvaccinated, you should at least understand the differences between both and the timelines from when someone who is vaccinated is not considered vaccinated for statistical data collection

Especially when it has been said on here many times that the majority of the reactions generally happen very soon after the vaccines are administered

The WHO has said governments cannot lockdown or vaccinate their way out of this

Lockdowns dont work. It has been proven

save that link because in a few months they will be saying you'll need you're 4th shot to combat omicron

Super immunity....😂😂😂😂😂😂

Ok. At least you're being honest about ignoring them.

However, I think you're actually ignoring them because you can't answer them.

You have no basis for your conclusion and your claim is false.

What would you call it when someone claims something that isn't true and they know they can't back it up?

I call it a lie.

why is there a need to get a vaccine when in general there is a 99.5% survival rate for people under the age of 60?

Eat healthy, stay fit, boost your immune system

Why take a risk on a brand new novel new technology vaccine when you have alternatives?

That figure of 99.5% is without provision of an early treatments that were taken off the market early doors

Again, you can ignore all you like. Others however can read the posts that expose the lies and false hoods you claim.

You don't actually address the content of the posts however, so there's no functional difference.

just for the record

• Advertisement

I believe you're referring to this speech. Firstly, they said lockdowns are not the long term solution and that things like organisation, testing and limiting transmission are key. Basically they emphasise personal responsibility as a part. So people who advocate against masks etc, not helping. On top of that, they stated vaccines aren't the sole part of getting out of the pandemic. But they are a vital part of it, provided we manage to develop one. (From August 2020)

For Ireland, we're in a unique position where we lack ICU capacity. So we do need some degree of lockdown measures. On top of that, covid certs are useful cause they prevent people exposure from higher risk members of the public.(this is also an example of organisational measures that limit need for lockdowns)

Vaccines do work btw. There's a reason why the unvaccinated account for a larger number proportional number of ICU cases. It's because the vaccinated might catch COVID but they're far less likely to get seriously ill.

Lockdowns also work but long term they're not the solution which was the point of the WHO. We would have drastically higher deaths if there weren't lockdowns. On top of that, a collapsed health service.

But sure, you've been told all this before but instead choose to continue to misrepresent.

No other virus in the history of mankind? So it's worse than the Spanish Flu? Why have so many politicians, in the US and England, in particular, all broken their own rules if they think they're extremely important? Eating out maskless, going to parties maskless. There was even a scientist in England who had an affair while everyone else was ordered to stay at home: Exclusive: Government scientist Neil Ferguson resigns after breaking lockdown rules to meet his married lover (telegraph.co.uk)

I have no issue with the vaccines. There are 4 things I am concerned about. They are:

(1) I am concerned that masks and vaccine passports will not be temporary. Not because I particularly care about Ireland, 'cause it's just not my kind of country, but because there are countries I'd like to go to and it would be very distressing to see masked faces in those countries too. I am also concerned about the billions that have been spent on vaccine passports. That, and the fact that no country that has introduced them has got rid of them, even countries with huge vaccination rates, makes me fear that they won't go.

(2) I am concerned about the Great Reset. I know this isn't the thread for it, but the ideas being put forward by Klaus Schwab are world-changing. He's talking about a new economy, new social and political structures, a new social contract. I fear all of what he's trying to bring about will mean fewer (if that's even possible) freedoms than people have now.

(3) I am concerned about democracy in the West. As John Taylor wrote a long time ago: 'democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.'

(4) I am finally concerned that there is no real exit plan. Sao Paolo, for example, has vaccinated more than 100% of its population, and there are still loads of restrictions there. The reason given is transmission and case numbers. There will always be transmission and there will always be case numbers, so I don't see how endemic covid will ever be accepted by public health officials and/or governments.

I have no issue with the vaccines. I share people's concerns about mandatory vaccination, but I have no issue with the vaccines themselves.

I don't think any of the above are unreasonable concerns. You made a good point before about how life went back to normal after the Spanish Flu, and you mentioned the restrictions that were in place back then, but that was a different world. In the modern world governments are increasingly influenced by social media, for example. Technology is ultra advanced now, so it's not impossible to see vaccine passports morphing into a digital pass. I don't say it will, but that the technology is there for it to.

I have no issue with the vaccines. I share people's concerns about mandatory vaccination, but I have no issue with the vaccines themselves.

This is a lie.

You have supported the claims that the vaccines are dangerous and not once have you countered or challeneged any of your conspiracy theory buddies who continuously claim they are dangerous.

And again, your concern is that there is a global plot to install a worldwide communist government that will turn people into cyborgs and that all of this was predicted in the bible and in a children's song.

Your concern is not reasonable.

Vaccines do work btw. There's a reason why the unvaccinated account for a larger number proportional number of ICU cases. It's because the vaccinated might catch COVID but they're far less likely to get seriously ill.

Vaccines do work even though the vaccinated might catch COVID? Every single symptomatic infection in the fully vaccinated is a failure of the vaccine and there are an awful lot of them.

Yes vaccines are proving effective at reducing the severity of the outcome if you get covid, but they are not working anywhere near as well as expected in terms of preventing symptomatic infection in the first place - the main point of a vaccine.

There is a reason breakthrough infections are called breakthrough infections - because they have broken through the protection the vaccine was intended to provide.

And another lie.

The vaccines in addition to reducing the chances of severe disease, it also reduces the changes of infection and spreading.

You are repeating the anti-vaxx notion that if the vaccine isn't 100% effective, it's not effective.

Also, just worth pointing out that when the vaccines were launched. All the studies pointed to the fact that they tended to prevent catching it at around 60%. They prevented serious illness in high 90s which is pretty key.

I'm also not sure what that has to do with topic of the thread.

Looks like conspiracy theorists are trying to deflect before they're cornered. Again.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,556 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Exhausted doctor says most patients in intensive care are not vaccinated

https://f7td5.app.goo.gl/TStv8h

But you know more than medical professionals right? 🙄

• Registered Users Posts: 6,485 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

It didn’t take long for another new poster to turn. Pretending one thing and then within a short period being quite different. If I was skeptical, I’d say we have seen them before.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 41,596 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

youre arguing with no one here

anyone who has been vaccinated knows it doesn't officially fully hit in until 14 days after the jab.

Advertisement