Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid vaccines - thread banned users in First Post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Shilock

Wishy-washy, you're throwing out a lot of dirty laundry yourself lol

What's your end game here ?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,997 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

Vaccines reduce the transmission. My post is in response to posters who are claiming that our wards are full of cancer and other patients, so why all the fuss about Covid.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,236 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

I don't have an endgame. What a bizarre question.

Why are you guys constantly lying and then weaseling away from those lies when they are exposed. What do you think this is accomplishing other than showing the conspiracy theorists are dishonest, shameless and cowardly? And other than showing that there's nothing behind conspiracy theories other than dishonesty and ignorance?

Well it's time for you to throw up your hat, according to your self-confidence you've won the debate, ran people from the forum, played school teacher, trolled it like a trooper, bitched about posters.

Well done.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,485 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

Hey conspiracy theorists, what is driving your lies? Why do you lie?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭timmyntc

The staggering amounts of hospital acquired infections despite a largely vaccinated hospital workforce suggests the vaccines are largely ineffective at reducing the spread

These vaccines reduce transmission of Covid, they don't stop it. Mutations are the main culprit. Some vaccines confer life-long immunity, with those we've managed to eradicate certain infectious diseases. However viruses are not all the same, and some, like flu, manage to mutate a lot. Which is why with seasonal flu we have boosters (it's difficult to eradicate)

It's important to note that the vaccines dramatically reduce hospitalisations and deaths as a result of the virus. Also recent studies have shown that vaccinated mothers breastfeeding their infants actually pass on the antibodies

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

I was saying that the results of passive smoking can be contagious....

Add "passive smoking" to the list of simple things CTers don't understand as well.

Smoking is not contagious.

Passive smoking is not contagious.

The results of both smoking and passive smoking are not contagious.

Smoking results in people around the smoker passively smoking and for them all to potentially get lung cancer. None of that is anything to do with contagion.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,663 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Ireland has a high vaccine uptake so your talking nonsense

taoiseach announces no plans for mandatory vaccination so not happening thankfully

• Advertisement

Context:

"The symptomatic disease test negative case control analysis included 169,888 Delta cases and 204,036 Omicron cases. Vaccine effectiveness against symptomatic disease by period after dose 2 and dose 3 is shown in Figure 2 for those who received a primary course of the AstraZeneca vaccine (Figure 2a), Pfizer (Figure 2b) or Moderna (Figure 2c). Effectiveness of booster doses of Pfizer and Moderna are shown for AstraZeneca and Pfizer primary courses. In all periods, effectiveness was lower for Omicron compared to Delta. Among those who had received 2 doses of AstraZeneca, there was no effect against Omicron from 20 weeks after the second dose. Among those who had received 2 doses of Pfizer or Moderna effectiveness dropped from around 65-70% down to around 10% by 20 weeks after the 2nd dose. 2 to 4 weeks after a booster dose vaccine effectiveness ranged from around 65 to 75%, dropping to 55 to 70% at 5 to 9 weeks and 40-50% from 10+ weeks after the booster."

And this is why boosters are recommended, the chief reason is Omicron. Keep in mind that other variants of Covid are still around.

How effective are the vaccines against Delta?

"Vaccine effectiveness against symptomatic COVID-19 has been assessed in England based on community testing data linked to vaccination data from the National Immunisation Management System (NIMS), cohort studies such as the COVID Infection Survey and GP electronic health record data. After 2 doses, observed vaccine effectiveness against symptomatic disease with the Delta variant reaches approximately 65 to 70% with AstraZeneca Vaxzevria and 80 to 95% with Pfizer-BioNTech Comirnaty and Moderna Spikevax (3, 4) Vaccine effectiveness is generally slightly higher in younger compared to older age groups. With both Vaxzevria and Comirnaty, there is evidence of waning of protection over time, most notably among older adults. T"

And with boosters against Delta?

"Data on booster vaccination in adults aged 50 years and older indicate that after a booster dose of the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine, vaccine effectiveness increases to 93.8% among those who received the AstraZeneca vaccine as their primary course and 94.3% among those who received the Pfizer-BioNtech vaccine as their primary course"

And against hospitalization

"Effectiveness against hospitalisation of over 90% is also observed with the Delta variant with all 3 vaccines (Figure 3, 3)."

And against mortality

"High levels of protection (over 90%) are also seen against mortality with all 3 vaccines and against both the Alpha and Delta variants "

This thread is full of posters claiming vaccines don't work at all, don't reduce deaths, are a "scam", etc. This information is aimed at them I hope.

I know the proof is out there, but you're not meant to say that here because you'll be dealing with people who suffer from mass formation and free flowing anxiety... twisted reality and accepting main stream media and cooperations...

Following the fear hear is only acceptable.

I'm going to hop on my unicorn and fly to Tir na nÓg.... leaving you all sprinklings of positivity and inner peace.... until the next booster...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭timmyntc

And? Data on boosters is only up to 10+ weeks, could well be the case that 6 months out from boosters efficacy will be 0 or god forbid negative against symptomatic disease.

Besides point of vaccines was for personal protection against hospitalisation and death right? With that in mind why the focus on boosters?

• Subscribers Posts: 41,608 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

"I know people will say it's unfair to focus [on these numbers] but these are facts, these aren't opinions.

"These are facts that 5% of the eligible population are unvaccinated, and yet over 50% of those in ICU are unvaccinated".

but what about all the other medical illnesses which are being postponed !! says the unvaccinated idiots taking up ICU beds......

The vaccines were produced last year, and were quite effective in reducing contraction and transmission of previous variants including Delta. The results are right there.

Omicron is a new variant. The vaccination is less effective against the contraction/transmission aspect of this new variant. Again, we don't have a "contract" with the virus, there isn't an agreement between vaccine makers and the virus. Luckily boosters have an impact in that regard.

Not to point out the glaring issue here but there are posters in this thread openly claiming vaccines don't work at all, why are you nitpicking over minor details when you accept that the vaccines worked against Covid (pre-Omicron variants) quite well. As well as dramatically reducing hospitalisations and mortality for all variants (including Omicron)

Ah Jayzus lads, I hear that unvaccinated sperm is going to be the next gold rush...

More proof that we are all going to resent the organics....

10,000 Euro a Pop too

I just heard that on my journey to Tir na nÓg :)

They had nearly 3 years to sort out their health system and promote healthy lifestyle and beneficial programs on how to stay safe and avoid an uncontrollable environment.

But instead they have promoted the cure rather than put a cure or avoidance into action.

It reminds me of when the hospital's and clinics used to dry out alcoholics and addict's with methadone and benzos...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

What point is it that you are trying to make?

If you'd like to let us know what you think the word "contagious" means, and how that relates to passive smoking it might help.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,638 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Sure the unvaccinated would refuse to change to healthier diet as its connected to the climate change conspiracy.

• Advertisement

How exactly can a person with a chronic illness live a healthier lifestyle? Plenty of us out there but we are all in the high risk category. And tbh, plenty of us live healthier lifestyles than most but we can be higher risk by default or from medications. You live in a nation with the highest rate of things like cystic fibrosis.. Then there's the healthcare worker in particular which developed the likes of long COVID...

But no, you've solved it... It's just lazy people that's the issue.

Also, just to reiterate, you've made loads of claims in this thread but never seem to back them. Guess ignorance is bliss.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,213 ✭✭✭Mic 1972

What sort of lies? you lost me here

My point is that nobody should be seen as a burden to the health system, unvaccinated people that require hispitalization are no more of a burden than drinkers and smokers getting all sort of diseases related to their life style.

As for contagiousness, Covid is spread by infected people, whether they are vaxxed or unvaxxed.

Go back through my threads, I have said it's unfortunate for people who have respiratory illness and are vunerable they have no other choice than to take the vaccine. Do we have to cover all the variables when in a discussion ?

Its true what was said in another thread related to covid, it's not the conspiracy theorists or sympathisers who are nut's....

Go figure, quantify that as I'm sure you're well able to squeeze a few quarks and come back with something that is any different from your usual drivel

Dude, I'm leaving you the mic, as they're all behaving like religious nut jobs or cult leaders....

They will not engage without getting personal and when you respond to their smart ass comments you'll be told that it's you being strident or insulting. They like it here because when they're debating on other covid forums they're out of their depts...

Enjoy trying to get anywhere because they go around in small circles... they are like a person who joins the dot's all the time.... no rebellious streak or sense of adventure.

I spent a lot of time here because I was off work today and every time I posted something I had three of them responding for eachother.

And I'm not going to join the cult of arguing with people on the internet...

Don't let them get away with any insult's.... counter attack and you'll get the same response you had from one of them yesterday and the day before....

Good luck, fingers crossed...

Wait for their response to this...;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,485 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

… again and again and again…

• Registered Users Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭patnor1011

Correct. Not yet at monthly boosters but according to cdc recommendation at one every 5 months. that is like 5 of them in 2 years, hope pray that there will not be another variant which push this "protection" period any lower.

And this is for the UK.... So weird, it's almost as if it's highly effective and certain posters continue to ignore this fact....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭patnor1011

Lol proportions?

Unvaccinaed in ICU are people who are so ill they can not take the vaccine. Hence "unvaccinated taking up ICU beds" nonsense which is nothing but ridiculous attempt to shift blame.

If you are seriously ill and get covid you end up in ICU bed vaccinated or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,801 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

"Unvaccinaed in ICU are people who are so ill they can not take the vaccine."

You are just pulling that out of thin air.

I'm not shifting blame it's a fact plenty of reports to back it up...protonmike has literally posted one just before you posted this nonsense...maybe read it

• Advertisement

Not sure about some people not being a burden on health services, I'm personally costing my local health system significantly more than they take from me in taxes each year... And I will continue to do so for another 50 odd years with any luck and very likely increasing costs as time goes by.

But the discussion around contagiousness was in response to another poster claiming that smoking, passive smoking and the cancers caused by those activities are contagious and using that as a comparison to covid. Do you think that smoking or cancer is contagious?

Advertisement