Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid vaccines - thread banned users in First Post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,236 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

Again you're telling people to get a life yet you spend you time reposting shite your swallow from Twitter grifters?

Also I thought I did have a life as a high paid shill.

Lol yet I keep being accused of doing an effective job "ruining" the forum.

Tell us is there any reason you're not pulling up any of your conspiracy pals for the lies they've been telling?

I've been assuming that you agree with them. You seem to be desperate to have an argument with people yet you don't at all engage with the false things being claimed by conspiracy theorists.

I don't expect a direct answer though.

Any reason you're not linking to to actual statement?

I think its because the full context shows that you aren't being completely honest with your interpretation.

Also are the WHO not part of the conspiracy now?

Well firstly it's Mob. With an M.

Not sure why you guys keep doing that as if it's a funny joke or something.kinda just make it look like you're being childish at best, a poor speller at worst.

So the WHO aren't actually saying they're against "repeated jabs".They're saying that the vaccines should be changed to meet the mutations of the virus like what happens with the flu vaccines.

Nor do they say that you shouldn't get the boosters available now as you are arguing.

Are you going to be getting those vaccines as and when they come out given that the WHO are recommending them?

As you've conceded the WHO are not part of the conspiracy you're accusing most doctors of being part of, so you must take them at their word, right?

Yes I did read what they said. You as always are misrepresenting things.

The WHO do not agree with your and your claims.

You believe that the boosters are ineffective. That's not what the WHO said. They said that they aren't the best long term.

You believe that the boosters are dangerous. That's not what the WHO says.

Now again, will you be getting the new vaccines when they become available?

If not why are you disagreeing with the WHO?

• Advertisement

Sorry you're just straight up ignoring my point now.

You are claiming the boosters that people receive now are ineffective and dangerous.

That's not what the who are saying.

Are you going to get the new vaccines when they become available or not?

Also I thought RTE were part of the conspiracy to get people to take boosters.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,679 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

What's that got to do with safety?

The WHO are of course correct but they also very strongly advise to get the current vaccines. There are vaccines already for mutations but they haven't been deemed necessary yet as the original vaccine efficacy has remained high, maybe post omicron there will be vaccine escape but then that will drag the pandemic out for another year as vaccines get developed, released and administered.

For transmission, nasal vaccines are undergoing trials right now that should be more effective against transmission at lower efficacy on the individual.

And it goes without saying that all vaccines have long term efficacy against severe disease and have an excellent safety profile and are fully endorsed and recommended by the WHO, but you knew that already, so why bother repeating it.

The head of Pfizer was just saying the first two offer very limited protection, if any..

But they do offer protection.

You've been provided evidence of this.

As always you are taking thinks out of their context because that's what you've been told by whatever Twitter grifter you read this off.

Be honest now CQD, where did you find that link?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭Risteard81

• Advertisement

But not any of the people suggesting that the vaccines are a Communist plot to depopulate the planet? Not the guy saying the vaccines make you magnetic?

Not the folks coming up with cutesy nicknames for me cause they're all passed off I dared to challenge their beliefs or asked them questions?

But we still know for a fact that they have a high success rate at preventing hospitalisations or serious symptoms. Even against omicron.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,608 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Dr David Navarro (a REAL doctor) just stressed the point on Newstalk that no one in his group in the WHO see continuous boosters as the way out of this pandemic.

So those proposing continuous boosting every 8 weeks are simply wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭patnor1011

Do not mind him. Just few months ago Rob was claiming covid vaccines grants you immunity.

Now, when we all know it is not even close to be true he claim it was out of context. 😁

Then what's the safety issue?

There's also no guarantee right now that an Omicron specific vaccines will be released as the current vaccines work well against it.

(Germany also has a pretty advanced booster program, are you talking about 4th jabs? If so, the EMA hasn't approved them. Germany recommends COVID-19 boosters after 3 months – POLITICO)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

What is unsafe about that, even though the monthly thing you keep mentioning isn't actually a thing anyway?

OK, so no safety issue with the current vaccines.

You are worried specifically about future booster programs not being safe? Despite a lot of vaccines (famously the flu vaccine albeit for different reasons) already having a boosting schedule to keep protection. Tetanus for example is recommended any time there is a wound where tetanus is an issue (usually stepping on a rusty nail).

I agree that vaccines shouldn't be given monthly, that would never be approved.

I do see a 4-6 month gap being needed and annual boosters being safely approved for everyone, there is no danger to the immune system in those cases (as the risk is that they get infected with SARS-COV2 itself which is much much riskier anyway).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭patnor1011

They are like children. No matter how many times they are told that we need to wait for more data until we can evaluate potential long term damage they think that since they got sore arm for one day after jab its all grand.

We are still in testing phase for all of the vaccines in use in Ireland out of which first to finish this current testing phase will be some time in spring 2023.

But hey, kids will go "Then what's the safety issue?" "Then what's the safety issue?" "Then what's the safety issue?"

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

The Pfizer CEO was talking about the waning antibody effect after 24 weeks (6 months) and in the same interview says the Omicron vaccine may not be needed (someone has already tried to hoodwink people with a selectively edited version of that interview).

That was pre-test results, it in fact performed the best of all vaccines (likely due to the higher mRNA dose that Moderna use).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,809 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Thats 3 weeks old. Heres what he said yesterday:

"Because most of the infections are mild, it is quite possible that even an infection with omicron requires an additional booster to ensure prolonged protection.”

So he thinks the boosters will work now.

Science moves quickly. Try keep up!

FYI your other link is even older than this one.

#Sad

• Registered Users Posts: 12,809 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

The guy in the article you linked is literally saying the complete opposite now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

So have we moved on from vaccine safety now?

How are they unsafe?

You were caught out trying to claim that you already had that data.

You threw a tantrum when you were called out and started to ignore everyone except your fellow conspiracy theorists.

You are now pretending that your position is that you're just waiting for results.

This is a lie. And a pathetic one at that.

So yea kid, what's the safety issue?

What are the dangers you believe are likely to occur?

Why have you had to lie about the safety issues?

Why should anyone take you and your pals seriously when you are lying and spreading so much misinformation?

I think it's clear that after nearly 100 pages of you cats whinging and crying, you can't point to any safety issues.

Because your conspiracy theory is all just in your head.

Am I Rob?

Again, not sure why you guys keep doing that. Do you think it's my real name or something?

But of course, you are misrepresenting what I said. You are being a massive hypocrite. And a coward since you're only making this misrepresentation knowing that you don't have to defend it.

The flu vaccine really isn't that great and depending on the year and variant might only be 40% effective in preventing someone getting ill. The initial hopes of the covid vaccines were just that they would be as good as that 40% which the flu vaccine manages.

Not sure about the time span for the flu vaccine, but the reason it is re-done each year is because of new variants, not because last year's has stopped working. Seasons of the year have a bigger impact.

Would anticipate seasonal vacations to eventually become the main thing predicting when new waves of covid happen.

But the vaccines do work against omicron.

Round and round we go again with these lies...

There's a few things there, but surely it can be discussed on the vaccines thread on the Covid forum as it's nothing to do with safety or conspiracies (I mean the gist of it is that the CEO comments have been taken out of context, but no conspiracy).

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭reg114

I understand to a degree why people are twitchy about a new vaccine but they need to understand that the technology underscoring the mRNA vaccines for example was developed over 20 years ago and has just been applied to covid, so the science is not new at all. This explains the rapidity of pharmas ability to produce a covid vaccine. The fact that billions of doses have been administered and saved numerous lives globally is proof of their wholesale safety. Yes exceptions do exist and people have had reactions from the covid vaccine but an infinitessimally small number overall.

Its worth noting that several thousand people die every year from taking the humble disprin. Are you going to stop taking disprin now ? Even gluten, that you find in bread has been linked with neurological disorders in people with gluten sensitivity.

Ultimately there are side effects to everything, I cant eat strawberries without breaking out in a rash!! Its worth remembering you are likely to consume more damaging chemicals in your standard chipper takeaway meal than in any life saving virus. I think people need to educate themselves as to the reality, look at the evidence on a global scale rather than zeroing in on individual cases with triggering headlines.

• Advertisement

Advertisement