Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Activiating my account

Options
  • 23-04-2021 10:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

hi 

I want to close my bank account but I do not know my bank account number. so I called to the customer center but I was told that my bank account is inactive now since I haven't used it for some time since I left Irleand about 5years ago. I am not in Ireland now so I can not visit your branch.
    Could you please let me know the easiest way to close my bank account please? 
    Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Richard F

sohyun wrote: »
    hi 

I want to close my bank account but I do not know my bank account number. so I called to the customer center but I was told that my bank account is inactive now since I haven't used it for some time since I left Irleand about 5years ago. I am not in Ireland now so I can not visit your branch.
    Thanks.
    Hi Sohyun,

Thanks for reaching out to us here today on Boards.ie.

We're sorry to hear you're looking to close your account. If your account is inactive, you can send a letter of request to your account holding branch to have the account closed. The letter would need to include a certified copy of your passport, two certified proofs of address, your contact number and account details to send any credit balance to.

We hope this information helps.

Thanks,
    Richard

• Registered Users Posts: 4 sohyun

Hi 

Thanks for your reply. Wouldn't there be any other way to send the documents through online?
    and could I ask you what two certified proofs of address are please?

thanks.
    hi 

Thanks.
    Hi Sohyun,

We're sorry to hear you're looking to close your account. If your account is inactive, you can send a letter of request to your account holding branch to have the account closed. The letter would need to include a certified copy of your passport, two certified proofs of address, your contact number and account details to send any credit balance to.

Thanks,
    Richard

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Eve

Hi 

Thanks for your reply. Wouldn't there be any other way to send the documents through online?
    and could I ask you what two certified proofs of address are please?

thanks.
    hi 

Thanks.
    Hi Sohyun,

Thanks,
    Richard

Hi there, thanks for getting back to us here. 

You would need to send these documents and written instruction by post to your account holding branch and one of my colleagues would be more than happy to help. 

With this written instruction you'd need to provide 2 proof of address documents (bank statement/ utility bill etc.) for the address that you are currently living in. These documents must be notarised. 

I hope this helps. 

Thanks, Eve 

Advertisement