Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Do people make money off their pets through its offspring?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,964 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

Jeff2 wrote: »
    But the post is still there saying one might want to cut a dogs tail off and ears. ?

And you have still not reported it. The post is not actionable. It is a fact that some people still dock tails and it is legal in some countries. The OP has not stated what country they live in and they don’t have to.

There is nothing stopping you from refuting the post and explaining to the OP, why, in your opinion it is a bad idea. Why don’t you do that instead of continuing someone else’s argument with the mod team?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,154 ✭✭✭Jeff2

And you have still not reported it. The post is not actionable. It is a fact that some people still dock tails and it is legal in some countries. The OP has not stated what country they live in and they don’t have to.

There is nothing stopping you from refuting the post and explaining to the OP, why, in your opinion it is a bad idea. Why don’t you do that instead of continuing someone else’s argument with the mod team?

My stating it was wrong is surely reporting in the thread.
    If I go back and report it will that change anything. ?

I’ve already stated why it’s not actionable.

I’ve already stated why it’s not actionable.

Now it is.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,774 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

Okay. That post has been absolutely misinterpreted by a couple of posters, and it's time now to put the matter to bed.
    The poster has not said that they agree with tail docking or ear cropping.
    They have said that the op may experience difficulty in selling puppies IF they happen to live in a country where tail docking and/or ear cropping is desirable. Note, the poster says the op might "unfortunately have to do it", which I can only assume means that the poster doesn't, in fact, agree with either procedure. They were merely pointing out facts, undesirable as they may be, which may or not pertain to the op IF they live in a country that allows such practices, and where such practices are desirable.

Now, there have been several requests to stop pulling this thread off topic any more, and they are being ignored. You have been asked to either take it to pm, or to the help desk, rather than pulling the thread off topic yet again.
    If there is one more post, from anybody, ignoring this warning, they will be banned from the forum and their off-topic posts deleted, because I'm getting sick of being nice about this.
    No more.
    Back on topic now.
    Thank you.
    DBB

Edited to add... reporting a post does not make it actionable. That post is not actionable, as CB has already explained. The poster has broken no rules. Therefore, no action can or will be taken against that post.

Jeff2 wrote: »
    Now it is.

No it is not, Oranage2 has specifically said to check if it’s popular and legal. In some countries the OP will not be able to sell Rottweiler pups with a full tail, mostly Eastern European countries. Rottweilers don’t have their ears cropped anywhere as far as I know so that shouldn’t be an issue. Just because we don’t like the idea of something or it makes us uncomfortable doesn’t make it less true. Yes, tail docking and ear cropping are cruel, disgusting and abhorrent practices which are illegal in this country but that doesn’t mean it doesn’t still happen. The poster is not advising to break any laws and that post gives the opportunity to discuss further the welfare concerns surrounding such practices. To most of us it is obvious this is cruel but others need it explained to them.

Sorry cross posted with DBB there.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,774 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

Jeff2,
    Your off topic posts and continuation of the off-topic argument contrary to instructions have been deleted.
    Do not post any off-topic posts again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

I'm really not sure if this is all faux outrage and if it's real I hope that you're not all adults. If we can have a grown-up conversation, I don't agree with any animal cruelty but it's a sad reality that dogs have a look, now I was wrong about a rotty with cropped ears being classic but I've definitely seen it, to give the dog a more Bully look, but I've never seen a rotty without a docked tail in real life.

There are many different type of pet owners and I can guarantee that the pets weren't all gotten from kennel registered breeder or the pound.

Then there's the question whether pet ownership is even ethical with so many people starving to death and people spend billions on pampering their pets.

So please be open minded that your ideology of pet ownership may be different from another pet owners who have also a valid opinion on raising and caring for pets that you may disagree with.

<snip>
    One week ban for continued ignoring of mod instructions, as per on-thread warning above.

• Advertisement

Jeff2 to answer your repeated question, yes I’m a mod in this forum. It says so under my name there on the left. The forums I mod are listed under the avatar.

Now since it is 2:30 am and I’ve had enough nonsense for one day, I’m locking this thread. Maybe till morning or maybe for good, we'll see.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement