Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Magnet Router and Chrome Cast

Options
  • 23-04-2021 12:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭

Anyone got any ideas.
    My Chrome cast recently stopped working. It worked fine up until about a month ago.
    I tried a reboot and then setting it up again and it's failing to connect to the WIFI.
    I have Magnet wifi.
    It comes up with the following error; also see attached.
    "Your Chromecast was setup successfully but can't be found. Make sure your bobile device and Chromecast are on the same Wi-Fi network.
    Turn off AP isolation
    If AP isolation is enable on your Wi-Fi router, you will beed to disable it."

Anyone had this problem before? And is it a simple case of turning AP isolation off?
    The Chromecast works fine in another house on their wifi.

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,300 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

AP isolation stops devices connected by Wifi from communicating from each other, so yes, if it's on, it needs to be turned off.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭oirishfruitie

I guess I better check if it's on then (I'll have to get Magnet to help me access the router settings!).
    Strange that it was working and now stopped; would it have just turned on?!
    Anyway - better rule this out of the equation anyhow. I'm just concerned this won't be turned on and won't be the problem - a red herring!
    Step by step

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭oirishfruitie

I got an upgraded router from Magnet and all is find now!

Advertisement