Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung have lost my phone which they picked up for repair

• 23-04-2021 3:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

As TITLE.

I contacted samsung.ie on web chat to get my S10 fixed ( broken screen )
    300EU - what!? but whatever, needs replaced.

They scheduled a courier for pickup - I got the following via the web chat - all seemed in order. However, on the thursday a courier turned up at the door ( big hulking brown UPS truck in the driveway ) asking to pickup the phone and deliver it to fonfix ( irish repair contractor for them ) . I told the guy I hadn't been notified and he said hed call back the next day. I packed the phone up but still had no contact when he called to pick it up. He said I didn't need any documentation as it was a pickup on behalf of fonfix - and perhaps stupid me, I believed him...

FF to now - 10 weeks later and multiple chats / interactions with support and I'm getting the run around.

Can I go to small claims on them or what're my options from a consumer protection POV?

Tue, 16 Feb 2021 09:13:38 UTC

A service order has been arranged for your device to be repaired and returned to the address you provided. Your contact information will be passed to Nightline who will be in contact via email and text message. The message will allow you to organise collection of your handset, or view local drop off locations. You must respond to Nightline's email or SMS to arrange collection, this will not happen automatically. For Nightline collection a shipping label is provided, however the phone must be securely packaged and ready for transit. We would recommend using a transit box with bubble-wrap or other protective material. Samsung or Nightline cannot be held liable for damage in transit if insufficient packaging has been used. Please ensure you back up all your data before sending it for repair, as it will be factory reset and all data wiped as part of the repair process. Before sending away for repair please remove all accessories such as cases, screen protectors and SIM or SD cards from your device and retain them for safe keeping. From the date of collection you should receive your repaired device back within 7 days.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Fonfix are brutal.

They almost certainly have it, just dont know their arse from their elbow. Start calling and dont stop, you'll probably get it back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

You might have more look with UPS, if you can get the collection reference from them. If you have that you can trace with Fonua. Without that they will say they haven't not received it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭micar

I used fonfix to replace a front and back screen with them.

As they ask, the phone is wiped and SD card removed before handing it over.

Their offivce was a small detour on the way from work.

Dropped it in one day and collected it a few days later all repaired.

I'm kinda certain that rather than replacing the screen, they just give me a brand new replacement.

My experience was positive

Advertisement