Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryan Giggs charged with assaulting two women

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭grassylawn

He always had a sleeveen look about him, all the same.
    You risk the wrath of uber woke football fans with that comment as his father is black - though I imagine that cross-section is pretty small.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭km991148

grassylawn wrote: »
    You risk the wrath of uber woke football fans with that comment as his father is black - .

Think your stretching that a bit far.. probably reveals more about the person making the comment tbh

There is no woke/race angle here. You have a person famous for having a talent that has been charged with assault. The shagging and ethnicity are feck all to do with the story. If he's hitting anyone he's a scumbag.
    His parents background even less to do with him looking like a sneaky fuk in the eyes of some.

It's actually pretty weird to pull the race card in some set up for an argument that hasn't happened!

grassylawn wrote: »
    You risk the wrath of uber woke football fans with that comment as his father is black - though I imagine that cross-section is pretty small.

I'd no idea! Either way, his Da isn't responsible for the sly look in Gigg's eye. He projects that himself... probably thinks it's a tough/serious look. Like an angry elf. Course, I could be imagining the whole thing and Giggs could well be the most honest to God, decent-- ah fuggit. I tried. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭theballz

"family man" - fcukin scumbag he is

• Registered Users Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭joseywhales

Well said.

regarding The affair he had with his brothers wife

For all we the public know, she was instigating the whole thing.

We don’t know is my point.

Some ppl acting as if the woman involved was like a bag of spuds with no free will

Life ain’t a fairytale folks

Fair enough but I think the point is , for most decent lads, even if your brother's wife was miss world, plies you with alcohol and she forces her way into your house to give me a lap dance, I'm still out of there, I don't do that to my brother because :

1.) It's family

2.) It's marriage

Even if you are dying to do it, we are not just animals, we can have higher principles.

Anyway now that he is actually hitting women, there's no coming back for him.

• Advertisement

The only compassionate approach here would be to put him in a straitjacket and give the two women 10 minutes together with him in a damp prison cell. If Amnesty International is reading this, there would of course be police officers on standby in case things got too hectic.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,367 ✭✭✭JimmyVik

Is he guilty does anyone know?
    Or are we the judge and the jury :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

Well said.

regarding The affair he had with his brothers wife

For all we the public know, she was instigating the whole thing.

We don’t know is my point.

Some ppl acting as if the woman involved was like a bag of spuds with no free will

Life ain’t a fairytale folks

Regardless of whether she was or not. He's Ryan Giggs, a multi millionaire footballer with no shortage of offers from women.

You don't have a multi year affair with your brothers wife. Only a total sociopath scumbag would do that.

That's coming from a united fan.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,679 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

BloodBath wrote: »
    Regardless of whether she was or not. He's Ryan Giggs, a multi millionaire footballer with no shortage of offers from women.

You don't have a multi year affair with your brothers wife. Only a total sociopath scumbag would do that.

That's coming from a united fan.

If you go back and read my posts you’ll see

I am a lifelong United fan

Giggsy was one of our greatest ever players and particularly as a winger

In my small rural school where we had a fairly decent team at one time I was known for trying to model myself on his playing style but I hadn’t an arses roar of getting near his god given talent

HOWEVER .... I have long thought that although he was such a good player there was something off/not quite right about him

And I’m happy to give him the basic right of innocent before proven guilty but hell dude, it’s not looking good is it ....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

I had posters of him on my walls when I was a kid, along with most of the team in fairness.

Fantastic player in his day but seems to be a fairly ****ty person so I wouldn't be surprised if the allegations are true.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭1o059k7ewrqj3n

lalababa wrote: »
    Scum, had a threesome with his brothers wife and fetus.

Jesus Christ, sentences you don’t expect to read over a cup of tea.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,770 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Never forget Brian cloughs management technique

1 of the first questions he would ask when he was thinking of buying a player is to say

What’s his vice. Wine women or gambling

And clough would tailor his management style to deal with whatever it was.

Justin Fashanu says hi.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭ElisaAtWar

Perfect day to use the wife beater
    http://https://imageshack.com/i/pnA2yX59j

• Registered Users Posts: 19,663 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

The thing I always found funny about Giggs is that when he was in his prime for United it was always put out in the tabloid media that he was a very quiet and private individual who shunned the celebrity lifestyle of other footballers like David Beckham or Dwight Yorke. The tabloids even had a moniker for Giggs- 'Family man Ryan Giggs', they often referred to him as 'Family man Ryan Giggs' in any article about him saying he was really dedicated to his kids and family.

And after years of this type of reporting one day it comes out that he was shagging his brothers wife for years, 'family man Ryan Giggs' indeed :D It was like for years Giggs tricked the tabloid media hacks into believing he was just a quiet dedicated father but the actual reality was very different.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,412 ✭✭✭EltonJohn69

A fetus never has nor never will count as a threesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭Tork

I stumbled across an interview with his brother a while back. Even though I have a certain amount of sympathy for him regarding what happened with his missus, I didn't care for him. He had excuses for everything and seems to be one of those lads that just attracts trouble. The Giggs family background isn't great though perhaps this is where a lot of it stems from. I think he said their father was violent (can't remember for sure now) and their stepfather certainly was. It wouldn't surprise me if Alex Ferguson wielded a lot of power back in the day and if off the pitch indiscretions never made it into the public domain. Giggs doesn't have that protection any more.

• Depends on what qualities you think a "great player" should have. Loyalty, integrity, not being a disgusting person etc. might be on that list for the above poster.

For me it is and he has proved to be an appalling role model.

His achievements will always have that asterisk.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,596 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Ah lord. This is a complicated one for me

My heart stopped getting that news alert on the mobile.

Loved giggsy as a player - one of our all time greats

number 11 on the wing he was some man

scored some unreal goals over the years.

He was one of the players I wanted to be

I was a decent player in the school ...

but hadn’t an arses roar of a chance of his god given talent

Sir Alec said giggsy would cause defenders to get twisted blood haha

But as much as I liked him as a player I have always felt ....hmmm how do I put this...

I guess just to go right ahead and say it

I always felt there was something not quite right about him personality wise.

Something off

Especially all the different issues with women that he has had. A bad apple in the barrell as they say.

So just now I see He’s just issued a statement denying all the allegations

I’ll keep an eye on the case, he’s on his own for now but will watch the verdict with interest

I'm not sure what Alec Guinness' opinion matters but your own is fanciful. Ryan Giggs is not a nice person, regardless of any skill or talent that he has or had. Do we remember Ben Johnson for his love of the running or that "gold", what about Oscar Pistorious, the relatively good blade runner or convicted killer? Sometimes the bad outshines the good.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,679 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

I'm not sure what Alec Guinness' opinion matters but your own is fanciful. Ryan Giggs is not a nice person, regardless of any skill or talent that he has or had. Do we remember Ben Johnson for his love of the running or that "gold", what about Oscar Pistorious, the relatively good blade runner or convicted killer? Sometimes the bad outshines the good.

Agree. Innocent until proven guilty tho yeah

Hell dude ain’t lookin good tho from my view right now

• Registered Users Posts: 9,316 ✭✭✭pgj2015

Does he still have the restaurant? apparently he tried it on with half the staff who worked there, while still married.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,639 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Depends on what qualities you think a "great player" should have. Loyalty, integrity, not being a disgusting person etc. might be on that list for the above poster.

A 'great player' should be defined by their contribution to football though. I don't see the logic to the argument that his quality as a player depends to some degree on his quality as a human.

It's like saying that, seeing as how Phil Spector turned out to be a murderer, then actually the Beatles songs he worked on weren't that good after all.

It's absolutely possible to be brilliant at one aspect of life while being a horrible prick in other ways or in general. There are plenty of famous people who fit the bill.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,243 ✭✭✭bobbyss

If he's found guilty, what is he facing?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭MissShihTzu

bobbyss wrote: »
    If he's found guilty, what is he facing?

Large fine and susp sentence I suspect. He won't be seeing jail time - Unfortunately...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭MeMen2_MoRi_

pgj2015 wrote: »
    Does he still have the restaurant? apparently he tried it on with half the staff who worked there, while still married.

Apparently pigs can fly, I've heard it said many times without proof.

Not excusing the cnutish behavior he has gotten up to off the field, is there a need for dealing with the "apparently" stuff.

Apparently pigs can fly, I've heard it said many times without proof.

Not excusing the cnutish behavior he has gotten up to off the field, is there a need for dealing with the "apparently" stuff.

:pac: yeah I wouldn't believe it either. he would never do anything like that. ;)

Muahahaha wrote: »
    The thing I always found funny about Giggs is that when he was in his prime for United it was always put out in the tabloid media that he was a very quiet and private individual who shunned the celebrity lifestyle of other footballers like David Beckham or Dwight Yorke. The tabloids even had a moniker for Giggs- 'Family man Ryan Giggs', they often referred to him as 'Family man Ryan Giggs' in any article about him saying he was really dedicated to his kids and family.

And after years of this type of reporting one day it comes out that he was shagging his brothers wife for years, 'family man Ryan Giggs' indeed :D It was like for years Giggs tricked the tabloid media hacks into believing he was just a quiet dedicated father but the actual reality was very different.

To be fair he might have cheated but he did keep it in the family. Still a family guy all said and done.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭MeMen2_MoRi_

pgj2015 wrote: »
    :pac: yeah I wouldn't believe it either. he would never do anything like that. ;)

Sun/Mirror

Apparently the bastions of truth ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭dd973

If the worst happened for him and he went down, it still wouldn't 'finish him' as such although his football and media profile would be sunk, he's independently wealthy, has business interests and hasn't any Achilles Heel where drink, drugs or depression are concerned.

dd973 wrote: »
    If the worst happened for him and he went down, it still wouldn't 'finish him' as such although his football and media profile would be sunk, he's independently wealthy, has business interests and hasn't any Achilles Heel where drink, drugs or depression are concerned.

His Achilles Heel is women.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭KevRossi

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Model professional sports star.

But sadly he is too fond of the women. Thats ultimately his downfall.

Hes charged now, so be interesting to see what comes out in court.

His career is done now. United dodged a bullet letting him go when they did.

Eh, he retired when he was 40. Man United hardly 'let him go'.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement