Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another VRT question with a twist !

Options
  • 23-04-2021 5:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭

So I know the score about importing. I am advising a buddy who wants to bring in an OLD Silverwing from Poland. He is happy with it, got everything arranged, but the seller just threw a spanner in the works.

Turns out the bike is american, with an american logbook. Apparently you don't have to re-register in Poland. So by my understanding, it is a different kettle of fish now. It is not being imported from "Poland", as it has an American log book, it will probably be seen as an import from the USA

Crazy situation, but thought I would ask if anyone has seen something like this before. Am assuming there will be VAT and god-knows what else, but may be reduced as it is old

Any opinion?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭mgbgt1978

Try the Classic Car Forum. A few guys on there have imported stuff from the U.S.........and paid the price :):):).

Advertisement