Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Buying signed jersey from UK

• 23-04-2021 5:52pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 683 ✭✭✭

I have bought a signed jersey from allstarsignings and I’m wondering if I should be paying UK Vat when I’m sure I’ll have to pay Irish Vat when I receive it.

Anyone come across this since Brexit? TIA

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,401 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

If they are shipping it directly to Ireland then it should be considered an export and zero rated for UK VAT. You'll pay Irish VAT (23%) when it arrives.

If you're using a reshipping service like Addresspal then you'll have to pay UK VAT and then Irish VAT when it arrives.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Kagawa

Oat23 wrote: »
    If they are shipping it directly to Ireland then it should be considered an export and zero rated for UK VAT. You'll pay Irish VAT (23%) when it arrives.

If you're using a reshipping service like Addresspal then you'll have to pay UK VAT and then Irish VAT when it arrives.

Thanks Oat23, they are shipping it direct to me. I rang them and queried it, they said I'm the first person to ask the question and they are going to check with their accounts department and come back to me on Monday.

Advertisement