Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Commuter

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

listermint wrote: »
    That's a crap policy tbh. Why not move provider?

Has to be liberty because CN and principal have it as standard on the fully comp policies.

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Mjolnir

zubair wrote: »
    Has to be liberty because CN and principal have it as standard on the fully comp policies.

I'd guess the same, I specifically had to tell them I wanted to be able to ride to work and college if I wanted to on any given day.

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Mjolnir

Personally I'll never get on a bike again without proper gear on. It doesn't matter if you fall off a scooter or a motorbike, the ground is going to do the same damage to your skin and bones at 80kmh!

Came off at 60ish before, I was more damaged than my gear :'D.
    I get a horrible feeling when I see lads without gloves.

S1000rr bike passed me today, with an expensive jacket and no gloves like mate seriously?!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,385 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Cymraeg wrote: »
    I use a G310R for my cross city commute (10miles) and takes 35 mins. It’s light and nimble, looks the part and doesn’t cost the earth. It’s worth looking at the 300-400cc range, as long as you’re not intending to go sticking long motorway miles on it. Great bike and suits the city riding!

The KTM Duke 390 also looks smart.

https://www.donedeal.ie/motorbikes-for-sale/ktm-390-duke/28070430

What other bikes are in this class? I see bikeworld selling a Chinese brand I never heard of *

https://www.donedeal.ie/motorbikes-for-sale/zontes-310t/26349341

Jury seems to be out on them according to MCN.

*no price on the ad which seems strange

• Registered Users Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    The KTM Duke 390 also looks smart.

https://www.donedeal.ie/motorbikes-for-sale/ktm-390-duke/28070430

What other bikes are in this class? I see bikeworld selling a Chinese brand I never heard of *

https://www.donedeal.ie/motorbikes-for-sale/zontes-310t/26349341

Jury seems to be out on them according to MCN.

*no price on the ad which seems strange

Details:
    Manufacturer: Zontes
    Model: 310T
    Year: New
    Engine Size: 310cc
    Mileage: TBC
    Colour: Orange
    Price: €5950
    Finance from: €43 per week. Learn more.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,385 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Thanks. What is it with Bikeworld and TBC? Most bikes don't have prices. I would have thought it was essential information

• Registered Users Posts: 6,095 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Thanks. What is it with Bikeworld and TBC? Most bikes don't have prices. I would have thought it was essential information

Its really frustrating with them not having prices. They don't even have up to date models listed. The new bike i am buying from them is not even listed on their website.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭positron

positron wrote: »
    Getting in and out of the bike gear for a quick 20 mins ride sounds a bit if a chore, but I can see the attraction as well. A scooter - Xmax or Burgman etc will cut down on how much waterproof gear you need to don on wintry days.

I would be on the e-bike camp but they are not cheap either. A good road bike would be the best bet on good weather days, saves you money and time that would otherwise go to the gym etc.
    I tested the cycling and it was 1 hr 15 mins each way. Looking for motorbike advice more than cycling advice tbh.

Oh well, I tried. Best of luck anyways, look after yourself.

Advertisement