Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

weedkiller for young trees

Options
  • 24-04-2021 9:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 26

Can weedkiller be used to kill young trees? I'm talking trees that are in the very early stages of growing - that have leaves but are really only like stalks at the moment. They seem to start growing very easily and there are lots of them. They are sycamore and would grow to be huge if I leave them alone. I would be a lot easier to spray them than to have to go cut them all back.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,485 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

Just grab them and yank them up, if they're small enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,311 ✭✭✭blackbox

I cleared an area of them last year just by running the lawnmower over them
    No sign of them this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Prenderb

Poor trees.

If you have room to keep them you could keep them small by pruning - coppicing them, or pollarding them when they get bigger?

Preferably if you *have* to remove them, use a blade or just pull them up.

Advertisement