Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amc shares

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,896 ✭✭✭daheff

Big move at the open.
    What do Blackberry actually do these days I wonder?
    Cant remember the last time I seen a Blackberry phone..

i thought they moved into security side of things, as that was one of their big selling points?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,570 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

Took a nibble at $39...small money

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,894 ✭✭✭✭banie01

That effort to drop the price from pre-market highs to the mid 30s can't have been cheap?
    And given how quickly the price has gone back over $60 again today, it can't have triggered many stop losses either?

Seriously looking like a gamma squeeze could be incoming with Fintel short score tightening all the time.
    https://twitter.com/trey53881765/status/1400469700673421316?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭cal naughton

From minus 30% to plus 10% is an incredible turn around.

It's a swing I've never actually seen in an "established" stick before.
    Yes, in penny stocks and obviously in crypto but never in a mid-cap.

It's both amazing and terrifying.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

Bought a few, at 12$ per share(400$ total) a few months back...so it's at about 1600$ now

I think it topped 75 in pre trade, dropped to 37.66, back to 68 and now around 49.

Crazy wild swings. Big money to be made for day traders....which is probably what shorts want to kick their can down the road a little longer

Jefferies and Raymond James, 2 prime brokers are now restricting shorts in AMC, GME and MVS.
    Other restrictions in place now too, including margin trading and naked options.
    AMC also issued a trade risk warning.

https://seekingalpha.com/news/3702925-amc-down-25-warns-investors-they-could-lose-everything-jefferies-halts-amc-shorts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭empacher

Have 210 shares with a little over 10k profit. Anyone know the best broker for options trading? Was looking at webull but its just US

Apparently there was an AMA with Adam Aaron & Trey yesterday. Aaron let his camera slip to show he wasn't wearing anything on his bottom half

Some of the redditors reckon that was his way of showing they know there are naked shorts

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭cc87

They also issued a warning telling people not to buy the new share offering as it doesn't represent fair value for the company and people could lose everything.
    Although this is probably to keep them safe from lawsuits down the road whenever the stock does lose value.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/heres-amcs-blunt-new-warning-to-prospective-buyers-of-its-new-stock-offering-11622724514?mod=home-page

cc87 wrote: »
    They also issued a warning telling people not to buy the new share offering as it doesn't represent fair value for the company and people could lose everything.
    Although this is probably to keep them safe from lawsuits down the road whenever the stock does lose value.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/heres-amcs-blunt-new-warning-to-prospective-buyers-of-its-new-stock-offering-11622724514?mod=home-page

America being as litigious as it is, that's very likely why the warning was issued.

I'd hope however, that anyone throwing some money at they current short squeeze plays is aware that they aren't buying the company at a fundamental or even realistic value?

They are instead betting that those shorting the stock are going to be forced into a position where they either have to buy stock at market to cover their naked short, or liquidate.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,851 ✭✭✭DeanAustin

banie01 wrote: »
    America being as litigious as it is, that's very likely why the warning was issued.

I'd hope however, that anyone throwing some money at they current short squeeze plays is aware that they aren't buying the company at a fundamental or even realistic value?

They are instead betting that those shorting the stock are going to be forced into a position where they either have to buy stock at market to cover their naked short, or liquidate.

You’re probably right but that’s mad. If you’re investing, you have to be prepared to lose everything in a worst case scenario. Especially investing in the likes of AMC and GME because it’s basically gambling. There’s nothing that supports the current share prices other than momentum and sentiment. And no one really has a clue how this will play out. I’m fairly sure it’ll end with both stocks collapsing but I’d expected that to happen by now. There’s probably a bit left in the rollercoaster yet.

I lost two grand on GME through my own stupidity. Was sick for a week over it but I knew the risk. Got in on AMC at $17 for 10 shares for a bit of craic but it’s not investing. Those shares could turn to dust in a day or two. If anyone doesn’t understand that much, they shouldn’t be investing let alone contemplating legal action.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Up over €10k on AMC but i am raging i didn't buy more when it was sub $10.

I thought my eyes were playing tricks on me yesterday but AMC and GME traded identically.

When one went up the other followed, same when it dipped. There is a lot of fuc*ery going on with both GME and AMC at the moment and the volatility is just insane.

Today will be an interesting day. If it breaks out again over $70 then who knows what can happen.

I agree with the sentiments expressed in the last few posts. With play's like AMC and GME it is crucial that you recoup the initial investment then you can enjoy the game as it plays out with a free hit

I agree with the sentiments expressed in the last few posts. With play's like AMC and GME it is crucial that you recoup the initial investment then you can enjoy the game as it plays out with a free hit

100%

If at any stage i come close to my initial investment, I'm out.

Super-Rush wrote: »
    Up over €10k on AMC but i am raging i didn't buy more when it was sub $10.

I thought my eyes were playing tricks on me yesterday but AMC and GME traded identically.

AMC GME and KOSS have been trading in near identical patterns for months.
    The stocks that are known shorts from @November have all followed each other fairly tightly that is IMO very demonstrative of manipulation.

I have my initial investment out on both AMC and GME but as I posted on memestock thread a few weeks ago.
    DFV's thesis is becoming more and more likely to be the correct one and given AMC have a vote count underway?
    It's hardly a coincidence that Adam Aron had his shorts uncovered during the Trey's Trades interview ;)

banie01 wrote: »
    AMC GME and KOSS have been trading in near identical patterns for months.
    The stocks that are known shorts from @November have all followed each other fairly tightly that is IMO very demonstrative of manipulation.

I have my initial investment out on both AMC and GME but as I posted on memestock thread a few weeks ago.
    DFV's thesis is becoming more and more likely to be the correct one and given AMC have a vote count underway?
    It's hardly a coincidence that Adam Aron had his shorts uncovered during the Trey's Trades interview ;)

I was watching the interview live and couldn't believe what I saw :pac:

I'm only XX in GME but I do have more hopes for it than AMC. AMC was only meant to be something on the side, never thought I'd make money from it.

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭brownbinman

by all accounts, next few days will be interesting with shorts having to be repaid this week

obviously could go all tits up

I personally doubled-down to the grand total of 4 shares for the craic

Looking and hoping that it finishes above $60 by close tomorrow.

If it does, it could get messy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Holding 83 shares and was up 3k a few weeks ago. Didn’t even cross my mind to sell.

PS - I actually hate the AMC community on Reddit

Holding 83 shares and was up 3k a few weeks ago. Didn’t even cross my mind to sell.

PS - I actually hate the AMC community on Reddit

Given how today played out, and also in after hours, you could be up a lot more come this time next week.

I hate both the AMC & GME Reddits.

Given how today played out, and also in after hours, you could be up a lot more come this time next week.

I hate both the AMC & GME Reddits.

I like GME reddit. Lots of good DD there. AMC...meh not so much. Too much kiss ass of trey & others.

daheff wrote: »
    I like GME reddit. Lots of good DD there. AMC...meh not so much. Too much kiss ass of trey & others.

The DD is all i use Reddit for and the GME stuff is very thorough. I actually bought into GME long before AMC.

The communities themselves pi55 me off.

Meme this and meme that, wen squeeze, how much will it get to.

I watch Trey's videos when he is interviewing someone or being interviewed to get someone else's view on things, but his streams etc. are just crazy shouting, hysterical laughing.

Got to vote the Revolut held portion of my AMC shares today.
    Tend to agree regarding the Reddit AMC community, it's very much hype and even their DD is usually recycling of the GME DDs.

The next few trading days will be very interesting, was shocked at the jump in the feds reverse repo jumping to $756bln yesterday.
    A full $200bln past the precious record.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 393 ✭✭strandsman

I think alot of moving parts are all coming together, Alot of new SEC rules etc coming into play etc. I thought all along that squeeze won't happen until SEC et'al have properly distanced themselves from the sh1t storm that's going to happen one way or the other. Alot of talk out there of a bust bigger than 2008 when this happens!!! and this is not all because of AMC/GME squeeze it's because there are inflation problems, bank "buckery"(replace B with F), hedge fund "buckery" , the whole money system in USA/wallstreet is broken and has been for decades. Just started watching "inside job" it's on YT explaining who runs and controls the money system.. scarey stuff! Listening to "Houston we have a problem" on YT , he was saying Blackrock are activly buying homes all across USA (i assume further afield) with them owning now about 800K homes, why are they doing this? using this as collateral for the future after the dust settles?. Stock market and crypto taking a dump recently and the theory is hedgies are gathering money for the squeeze and/or increasing their margin requirments.I don't know, Either way I'm holding 1k+ of AMC and 3 shares of GME and I'm just gona sit back and let it ride!!

strandsman wrote: »
    I think alot of moving parts are all coming together, Alot of new SEC rules etc coming into play etc. I thought all along that squeeze won't happen until SEC et'al have properly distanced themselves from the sh1t storm that's going to happen one way or the other. Alot of talk out there of a bust bigger than 2008 when this happens!!! and this is not all because of AMC/GME squeeze it's because there are inflation problems, bank "buckery"(replace B with F), hedge fund "buckery" , the whole money system in USA/wallstreet is broken and has been for decades. Just started watching "inside job" it's on YT explaining who runs and controls the money system.. scarey stuff! Listening to "Houston we have a problem" on YT , he was saying Blackrock are activly buying homes all across USA (i assume further afield) with them owning now about 800K homes, why are they doing this? using this as collateral for the future after the dust settles?. Stock market and crypto taking a dump recently and the theory is hedgies are gathering money for the squeeze and/or increasing their margin requirments.I don't know, Either way I'm holding 1k+ of AMC and 3 shares of GME and I'm just gona sit back and let it ride!!

As you have said the financial system in the US is teetering on the brink and it's not sustainable with the reverse repo program having me spooked.

I would classify myself as a risk taker when it comes to shares however i have moved my pension from a Total equities fund to cash and also cashed my personal investment plan.

My only play now is on amc and have a bep around 12. I believe if amc squeezes it could have unintended consequences and be used as an excuse to blame a market crash on . They need a bogeyman!!

It's really going to be interesting to see what plays out with AMC, GME etc. and what happens the entire market if one/both squeeze.

I have a feeling that if there is say a jump to $500 - $1000 a share, a lot of people who are holding 4 digits worth of shares will sell straight away and drive the price back down again, and to be honest I probably would as well.

The likes of DFV and all those Redditers who got into this way back and just bought hundreds of thousands of shares for pennies will make insane money, the rest will make some good money, perhaps lifechanging money.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,851 ✭✭✭DeanAustin

It's really going to be interesting to see what plays out with AMC, GME etc. and what happens the entire market if one/both squeeze.

I have a feeling that if there is say a jump to $500 - $1000 a share, a lot of people who are holding 4 digits worth of shares will sell straight away and drive the price back down again, and to be honest I probably would as well.

The likes of DFV and all those Redditers who got into this way back and just bought hundreds of thousands of shares for pennies will make insane money, the rest will make some good money, perhaps lifechanging money.

Can't see the $500-%1000 a share in a million years but I expected the whole thing to have run its course by now. It's fascinating stuff because the stock prices have no real basis in any conventional reality. I've been in both and managed to lose money through stupidity but I'd love to see it go that high. Personally, I expect it to start petering out sometime soon...been saying that for months though.

• Advertisement

DeanAustin wrote: »
    Can't see the $500-%1000 a share in a million years but I expected the whole thing to have run its course by now. It's fascinating stuff because the stock prices have no real basis in any conventional reality. I've been in both and managed to lose money through stupidity but I'd love to see it go that high. Personally, I expect it to start petering out sometime soon...been saying that for months though.

I can't see it myself either.

If I was asked to predict a number i reckon no higher than $120 a share and then go back to 10 or less a share.

I agree it has been fascinating to watch and I've learnt a lot over the last few months. I'll come out of it with a reasonable profit after tax which is always a bonus.

Advertisement