Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lunch in Malahide (Covid Times)

• 24-04-2021 12:55pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭

What food options are available for lunch in Malahide at the moment, I mean just grab and go and sit on the green kind of thing. Thinking of taking the family over for some lunch to avail of the nice weather but don't want to be limited to Starbucksesque fair.

Is Howth a better option, is the food market there fully open?

Muchos Gracias,

Inq.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,902 ✭✭✭antimatterx

Scotch Bonnet, Beshoffs, Griolladh all doing take out.

Find somewhere nice in the Marina to sit and eat it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭catrionanic

Seomra tae and Póg would fit the bill. Mario's also do a take out menu. Almost all of the restaurants are doing takeaway too but usually in the evenings. Siam Thai have a van at the green selling mostly drinks but also things like Pad Thai.

Traffic is mental here these weekends though as it seems that all of Dublin is wanting to come up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Loads of places doing lunch. If you're down by the beach, both Seabank and the Greenery are doing lunch.

Taste of med in the town is decent too and has a solid online order system.

Donnybrook fair has a deli as well, if you just want a sandwich or salad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

I went to the Old Street restaurant and had some stuff fresh off the grill, along with a couple of Peronis sat on the Green, very pleasant, thanks all!

• Advertisement

Inquitus wrote: »
    I went to the Old Street restaurant and had some stuff fresh off the grill, along with a couple of Peronis sat on the Green, very pleasant, thanks all!

I went out to Mala myself today. It was a cracking day for food on the green

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Isnt it great to see people out and about again!

must take a trip over myself soon

Nightmare for the locals though. Traffic at the weekends is INSANE.

Nightmare for the locals though. Traffic at the weekends is INSANE.

Same all over North Dublin (in Donabate myself)

I would rather be living in a place people want to be in then get away from :cool:

Same all over North Dublin (in Donabate myself)

I would rather be living in a place people want to be in then get away from :cool:

Traffic has indeed gone mental in NCD, its getting close to pre-covid levels at times.

• Advertisement

Traffic has indeed gone mental in NCD, its getting close to pre-covid levels at times.

Who would have thought building all over the place with no thought for roads or infrastructure would have consequences

Considering the minister of housing is the local td, he needs to pull the finger out

Considering the minister of housing is the local td, he needs to pull the finger out

Its only going to get worse.

WFH saved them in a way, as the trains would have been a complete mess.

Probably another 5k houses on the way in Donabate in the next few years, and look people have to life somewhere. It would be nice if the council and Government though of people both currently and to be living their and their quality o lie when making decisions.

Its ok, we will get the North Country Greenway in 2050 :)

Anyway apologies for the mini rant, some lovely spots for lunch in NCD

Its only going to get worse.

WFH saved them in a way, as the trains would have been a complete mess.

Probably another 5k houses on the way in Donabate in the next few years, and look people have to life somewhere. It would be nice if the council and Government though of people both currently and to be living their and their quality o lie when making decisions.

Its ok, we will get the North Country Greenway in 2050 :)

Anyway apologies for the mini rant, some lovely spots for lunch in NCD

Swords is a mess, Malahide is a mess, getting in and out of coastal NCD (Skerries, Donabate, Rush, Lusk) is a mess. And things are only going to get worse with the housebuilding going on, it needs a serious infrastructure rethink roadwise, or even better actually building Metro North!

Swords is a mess, Malahide is a mess, getting in and out of coastal NCD (Skerries, Donabate, Rush, Lusk) is a mess. And things are only going to get worse with the housebuilding going on, it needs a serious infrastructure rethink roadwise, or even better actually building Metro North!

Was only laughing to my wife that metro north was on tje billboards when we lived in Santry in 2013, further away than ever.

Advertisement