Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Replacing Apeer Composite door and 2 x triple lazed side panels.

• 24-04-2021 4:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭

Hi,

Had a door and door frame ( Apeer ) with two triple glazed side panels about 10 years ago. Problem was door guy was "friend of a friend " ( never again) and although in the business and did a very good price the door had a number of issues. As with this multiple tradesman jobs,, each blamed each other for the fact that door is too low and cannot be adjusted.

Obviously if I knew then what I know now I would have no problems but I am where I am..........

So my issues are:

1) I thought I was getting and indeed had a Palladio door but an Apeer was fitted. Looked the same to me but I only found out years later.

2) Door too low and scraping and marking wooden floor at certain times of the year ( most of the time lately )

3) The Threshhold or lack of... it is just a flimsy piece of plastic , developing cracks and about to break... I want something I can drive an electric wheelchair over ( I dont need that but that is what I want )

4) the door shakes when closed.. because the door frame on the handle side has only a plastic vertical ( no steel ) It pulls away from the side glass quite easily.. I am led to believe that I should have a steel frame inside the plastic,>?

Anyway I have had enough and am going to replace.

My problem is :

A) I cannot tell if Palladio or Apeer is the better door / system or some other type.?

B) I have heard of some really stupid prices I know that it is currently a sellers market but I would really like less eye watering cost BUT I want the best job/ adviser/ installer -so I am willing to pay to get that -BUT I dont want some rip-off chancer .. any recommendations.?

C) If the old door / frame was fitted in a house with a different finished floor level it would be perfect as it is in VERY condition... my question does it have any residual value,?? ( please dont suggest adverts / done deal ) as I dont want it hanging around.. is there another option ? )

Thanks

Advertisement