Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Text claiming to be from AIB. Is this a scam

• 24-04-2021 6:52pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭

I recieved a text claiming to be from AIB saying "Your AIB viss debit card has been used in an online transaction..live-aib.com"

I presume this is a scam?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Do not open or reply.

If you feel there is a payment etc then call them on the number on card.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,146 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

100% scam.

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭Speedline

I got one too, straight to my spam folder. I'm not even with AIB. Or BOI which the last one was for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Latest ones look very good.
    Appeared in same message as previous texts from AIB and link was aibanking.com...

Got a text 30 mins later to say card used again online and to login to cancel card.
    I bet many will fall for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,412 ✭✭✭greasepalm

Never use their links and always used my pc to access stored links and can query from there if needed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,524 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

I concur, golden rule is that if it looks real, then go to your banking yourself and not through the link. Banks don't send links.

Advertisement