Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Female Police officer stabbed to death in France

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,492 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

If ten Christians from here got a flight to Kabul, said, “here let us in, give us a house or an apartment, free gratis to stay, a weekly cash allowance, access to all your best healthcare free gratis “... the only healthcare going would be for the border guards, collapsing with laughter.

The only people here, interested is the mass immigration we are seeing are the lunatics of the far left and employers who know immigrants work for less.

Politicians don’t give a fück, gated homes and a never ending gravy train, won’t impact them.

The average worker and citizen here ? Fûcked over, paying for the lot and missing out of a lot.

And the likelihood of attacks like France, Spain, Sweden, Denmark, Italy...

• Registered Users Posts: 83,443 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Strumms wrote: »
    If ten Christians from here got a flight to Kabul, said, “here let us in, give us a house or an apartment, free gratis to stay, a weekly cash allowance, access to all your best healthcare free gratis “... the only healthcare going would be for the border guards, collapsing with laughter.

The only people here, interested is the mass immigration we are seeing are the lunatics of the far left and employers who know immigrants work for less.

That has sparse relation to anything here. The attacker was in the country 11 years.

I believe that when the Irish diaspora happened the Irish people while they experienced racism did still indeed benefit from handouts etc. when they reached their destinations.

Overheal wrote: »
    That has sparse relation to anything here. The attacker was in the country 11 years.

I believe that when the Irish diaspora happened the Irish people while they experienced racism did still indeed benefit from handouts etc. when they reached their destinations.

It’s complete relation, it’s the reverse of what’s happening here.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

In order to stop people like Jamel we need to understand their drive.
    What drove him to watch those videos and then attack Stephanie?

Secondly, why are the left not outraged?
    "Normal" murderers kill someone for a reason, usually greed, jealousy, drugs etc.
    Jamel and other Islamist attackers just go out and kill at random - often women.
    Shouldn't our outrage be driven by feminists?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭Cordell

They can't process it, they can't speak against this particular far right conservative ideology the same way they speak about the other.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

Being identified as a motive is not the same as using it to pinbpoint blame.

It's not about left or right or politics or religion it's about fundamentalism and extremism. If happens in both.

Blaming Islam is bascially admitting you don't know the difference between fundamentalism and moderate, not right-wing and Islam - this is what I'm saying when I bring up McVeigh, Brevic and so on: it's not their religion, or their politics, the connectiion is that they are extremists.

Just like the guy yesterday.

Ah yes the old chestnut of moderates versus fundamentalist islam.
    Would you say the vast majority of muslims in UK are moderates ?

If so can you explain why the vast majority of muslims in the UK said homosexuality is wrong and a homosexual teacher should be fired and not allowed teach their children ?

This farce of trotting out moderatate muslims is trying to claim they are like moderate catholics or moderate christians is disingenuous, because they are nothing alike.
    A moderate muslim is more akin to a very right wing catholic.

Oh and the problem is there are millions, if not hundreds of millions, of extremist muslims unlike fact you probably could scrape together a few thousand extemist christians.
    I think a Bible proscribing death as a punishment for homosexuality seems a bit like terrorism against the gays if I’m being honest.

Did you know the Gay Panic Defense was a serious legal doctrine in the Christian USA?

Care to tell us how many christians are taking that biblical text seriously and proscribing death for homosexuals ?

Then compare that number to the number of muslims taking their holy texts verbatim and actually killing homosexuals.
    biko wrote: »
    I asked you first ;)

Look at countries that don't have these attacks. What are they doing?

For instance - Ireland have had no attacks, do you two envision that to change?
    Is so why? And how can you stop it from happening here?

Well we did have the poor Japanese gentleman murdered whilst going about his business harming no one.
    Irleand has muslims, so that can't be the commection anyway.

Khalid Kelly ring a bell?

You know the gent that once was a media go to person on islam in Ireland.
    You know the guy that ran off to Syria to join ISIS?
    You know the guy that blew himself up in a botched suicide attack ?

Thankfully the fooker only killed himself.

I suppose you will find some reason to disregard him as well. :rolleyes:

I am not allowed discuss …

• Registered Users Posts: 33,484 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

fvp4 wrote: »
    She definitely converted. Just rechecked that.

Yeah, my bad. Not reading properly :o thought you said Simpson.
    jmayo wrote: »
    Ah yes the old chestnut of moderates versus fundamentalist islam.
    Would you say the vast majority of muslims in UK are moderates ?

If so can you explain why the vast majority of muslims in the UK said homosexuality is wrong and a homosexual teacher should be fired and not allowed teach their children ?

This farce of trotting out moderatate muslims is trying to claim they are like moderate catholics or moderate christians is disingenuous, because they are nothing alike.
    A moderate muslim is more akin to a very right wing catholic.

Oh and the problem is there are millions, if not hundreds of millions, of extremist muslims unlike fact you probably could scrape together a few thousand extemist christians.

So, thinking homosexuality is wrong makes you a fundamentlist, then?

I'd imagine pretty much all catholics are right-wing to some degree.
    Khalid Kelly ring a bell?

You know the gent that once was a media go to person on islam in Ireland.
    You know the guy that ran off to Syria to join ISIS?
    You know the guy that blew himself up in a botched suicide attack ?

Thankfully the fooker only killed himself.

I suppose you will find some reason to disregard him as well. :rolleyes:

Poster - "Ireland's had no attacks."
    Me - "There are muslims in Ireland."
    You - "This guy!"

:confused:

What's your point?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

"Normal" murderers kill someone for a reason, usually greed, jealousy, drugs etc.
    Jamel and other Islamist attackers just go out and kill at random - often women.

in fairness ,the left are a little preoccupied with the invisible man ( otherwise known as the " far right " )

thinking homosexuality is wrong makes you a fundamentlist
    It depends on how you define wrong.
    Wrong as in I won't do it - perfectly fine
    Wrong as in you should not do it - fundamentalist

I'm quite aware that the later used to be the mainstream view of the majority not too long ago, but that doesn't mean we should welcome any new view that's regressive towards that. Quite the opposite, we should fight it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭RobbieTheRobber

Jokers to the right clowns to the left here I am stuck in the middle with you Biko.

Who do you need to speak on behalf of "the left" and what do you want them to say to make you feel better at night in your bed in Ireland?

• Advertisement

Cordell wrote: »
    It depends on how you define wrong.
    Wrong as in I won't do it - perfectly fine
    Wrong as in you should not do it - fundamentalist

I'm quite aware that the later used to be the mainstream view of the majority not too long ago, but that doesn't mean we should welcome any new view that's regressive towards that. Quite the opposite, we should fight it.

We most certainly have different definitions of the word "fundamentalist".

739,000 people voted to that gay marriage was wrong and that other people shouldnt do it, but I'm pretty sure they weren't all fundamentalists.

I'd also argure it's not about the definition of "wrong".

"Why is the Islamic communiyt not outraged?" "Why are he left not outraged?"

Why are people of colour not ourraged?
    Why are young males aged 20-29 not outraged?
    Why is Galway not outraged?

Why does everyone have to express their outrage in order to satisty your suspicion of tolerance?

739,000 people voted to that gay marriage was wrong and that other people shouldnt do it, but I'm pretty sure they weren't all fundamentalists

If the reason they voted against is that 2 people should not marry because their marriage is a sin then they are indeed fundamentalists and we don't need any more of them.

If the reason they voted against is that 2 people should not marry because their marriage is a sin then they are indeed fundamentalists and we don't need any more of them.

For me, they'd need to be doing something more active to stop it. Perhaps extremist is a better word than fundamentalist for what I'm saying: people don't understand the difference between adherent and extermist with regards to Islam. And by extenion, religion generally.

Given the chance any fundamentalist will become extremist, and it will try to force their views upon the others. Just as they did when they voted. We need to move towards a more secular and humanist society, and these people will move us backwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,538 ✭✭✭jmreire

Why’s that? Islam is a religion, not an image. Do Muslims not jog or cycle?

Sure they fit right in, as Jamel did since the day he arrived. Of course what they are thinking is a different matter, and contrary to common belief he will have confided in a relative or close friend. The term "Lone Wolf" is not the case in most terrorist incidents, its just the diference between an all out planned Islamic terrorist twin tower's type attack and a solo run. And as to how long he was planning it, a very long time, as far back as when he was first introduced to the kill the unbelievers section of the Quran, and encouraged by a fanatical Imam. So it was dormant for a long time, and only needed an incident to trip the kill switch. And for sure, he is not the last one seeking martyrdom by killing unbelievers in the name of Allah, and getting killed himself.

Here there would be less of a deterrent.

The vast majority of our Gardai are unarmed.

Two Gardai walking on patrol late at night up Exchequer st. at 1am, as happens, come up against two or three of these individuals with blades ? It’s goodnight.

It WILL happen sometime.... a quiet Monday night, and look what’s been happening in Denmark ffs. Every year for x years.. attack’s / murders / arrests / plots... almost on a yearly basis for a decade.

The priority here for a government and security services is securing the wellbeing of Irish people. We owe nobody outside of our own shores a thing. We need to cop on. Owe nobody a roof, a doctor, money, nada.... we need to get about being a lot more careful as to whom we accept.

Here there would be less of a deterrent.

The vast majority of our Gardai are unarmed.

Two Gardai walking on patrol late at night up Exchequer st. at 1am, as happens, come up against two or three of these individuals with blades ? It’s goodnight.

It WILL happen sometime.... a quiet Monday night, and look what’s been happening in Denmark ark ffs. Every year for x years.. attack’s / arrests / plots... almost on a yearly basis for a decade.

The priority here for a government and security services is securing the wellbeing of Irish people. We owe nobody outside of our own shores a thing. We need to cop on.

To be perfectly honest, my impression is that Ireland wouldn't be worth their time.

What's been happening in Denmark?

To be perfectly honest, my impression is that Ireland wouldn't be worth their time.

Similar to France, Islamic terror attacks.

Similar to France, Islamic terror attacks.

"and look what’s been happening in Denmark ark ffs. Every year for x years.. attack’s / arrests / plots... almost on a yearly basis for a decade."

Han't been a terror attack in DFenamrk since 2015. And that was the Islamic attack in 30+ years. Sure you're not being sensationalist?

• Advertisement

For the moment is just financing and recruiting:

https://www.thejournal.ie/jihadist-extremism-ireland-4833339-Oct2019/
    https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/rise-in-far-right-and-islamic-extremism-activity-in-ireland-last-year-says-europol-1.4287646

Which means that by letting them in we enable them to do their stuff somewhere else. If only this will cause the same outrage that the usage of Shannon airport by the US caused.

For the moment is just financing and recruiting:

https://www.thejournal.ie/jihadist-extremism-ireland-4833339-Oct2019/
    https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/rise-in-far-right-and-islamic-extremism-activity-in-ireland-last-year-says-europol-1.4287646

Which means that by letting them in we enable them to do their stuff somewhere else. If only this will cause the same outrage that the usage of Shannon airport by the US caused.

ANd that's "simlair to France" and Denmark where there's been attacks every year for years except since 2015?

Ignorant sensationalism. Good night, leaving you here up on your moral highhourse.

I guess only when it happens you will see the problem with it.
    Because what happened everywhere else will not happen here, because reasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,538 ✭✭✭jmreire

The last thing any Islamists want here in Ireland is to draw the attention spotlight on themselves......softly, softly and steady as she goes.But to say that they are inactive, is not true, Lisa Smith, Khaled Kelly, are proof that radical Islam is alive and well in Ireland, and if these are the only two, I'd be very surprised. And thats not to mention support to terrorism in other ways as well...finance, logistics etc. Ireland is a very usefull hub for them, and while it remains like this, there will not be any organised attacks. A lone wolf attack is something else of course, but I'd be surprised it that happened, at the moment anyway, whatever about the future.

I wouldn't be too sure of that. Ireland has a long history of committing forces to UN peacekeeping, and peacekeeping isn't always favorably looked upon by the natives or those connected to the conflict.

In addition, Ireland's economic success makes it a possible target (International companies with a worldwide reputation), and as our migrant/foreign population increases, the chance of attacks made on particular groups also increases.

But as things stand, Ireland serves as a platform for the gathering of financial support, and recruitment. A nice little platform for these organisations to reach into Europe, without having to deal with the more security conscious European states.

"and look what’s been happening in Denmark ark ffs. Every year for x years.. attack’s / arrests / plots... almost on a yearly basis for a decade."

Han't been a terror attack in DFenamrk since 2015. And that was the Islamic attack in 30+ years. Sure you're not being sensationalist?

I’m not being sensationalist, I am being factual.

Not since ‘15, ok that’s grand... :confused:

How about...The four terror plots that were foiled in the last 5 years, still think I’m being sensationalist ? Kundby case ? ‘16 terror plot ? Ringsted ? The mass bombing and shooting plot uncovered in ‘19 ? ALL in Denmark, .... do you think I’m being sensationalist ? IS that sensationalist ? I’d say factual rather than sensationalist.

Weren't some of the terrorists involved in one of the UK attacks over the last few years based out of Ireland and they popped over to the UK to carry out that attack? I may be wrong...

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

There were two trainee doctors that died in Syria and Iraq after coming under jihadist influence during studies in Ireland.
    Mustapha al-Hayani, a graduate of NUIG’s medical programme, and Tariq Mohainuteen, a visiting Malaysian student, joined the jihadist group Isis in September 2013.

The Islamists just haven't killed anyone here yet. We have to wait for that to happen before some will care it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,443 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

The Islamists just haven't killed anyone here yet. We have to wait for that to happen before some will care it seems.

Unless I'm mistaken you're not the only one in here discussing this, so, I'm not sure where you keep dredging up this melodramatic tone from.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭JKerova1

I think the title of this thread should be changed, she wasn't a police officer but a civilian employee.

Advertisement