Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Female Police officer stabbed to death in France

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 83,443 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

I guess the only person who can answer that is you.

Then why say

“ Another trend is, many posters in this thread are clearly racist.”

• Registered Users Posts: 25,585 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Overheal wrote: »
    Then why say

“ Another trend is, many posters in this thread are clearly racist.”

Because some clearly are! Naming names will get me a ban, we both know that. So I will stick with

"Another trend is, many posters in this thread are clearly racist.”

bubblypop wrote: »
    Yes
    If you treat people.differently because of their nationality, that is clearly racist.
    Do you really not know that?

Well then the Arab Middle East is the most racist place on earth, they don't even recognise the nationality of Israelis. I don't want to import hate like that, thank you very much.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Stop bombing the shìt out of their countries and creating regime changes to suit western governments would be a start. Make it safer and give them incentives to go back to their home countries.
    I don't this have prevented Jamel from Tunisia that came illegally to France in 2009 from killing Stephanie.

Gorchene had received his French residency permit last year, and he visited his family in Tunisia a month ago.

A Tunisian man who stabbed to death a police employee in France in a suspected Islamist attack was depressed and not devout, relatives said Saturday, expressing shock and disbelief.

They identified him as Jamel Gorchene, 36, who hailed from M'saken -- the same hometown as Tunisian Mohamed Lahouaiej-Bouhlel, who carried out a deadly attack in France in July 2016.

Bouhlel ploughed a truck into a crowd of people on the waterfront of the Mediterranean city of Nice as they celebrated Bastille Day, killing 86 before being shot dead by police.

That attack came less than a year after deadly assaults in November 2015 that saw 130 people killed in bombings and shootings across Paris, including at the Bataclan concert hall.

"Jamel was a quiet person, reserved," said his cousin Noureddine.

"But he did not have much to do with religion, and was not particularly pious," he said, adding however that he had not seen his cousin for some time.

Sameh, another cousin, recalled that Gorchene suffered from depression and was seeing a psychiatrist in France.
    https://www.straitstimes.com/world/europe/shock-in-hometown-of-tunisian-suspect-in-france-attack

I suppose the mental issues defence can be applied here.

Which country did Sweden bomb?
    It doesn't matter, we are all collectively guilty. Don't forget the Irish as well as Finns.
    If someone here gets stabbed we brought it onto ourselves.

• Advertisement

Well then the Arab Middle East is the most racist place on earth, they don't even recognise the nationality of Israelis. I don't want to import hate like that, thank you very much.

They may well be!
    Two wrongs don't make a right though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,484 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

biko wrote: »
    Isn't it odd how this particular lottery only started around 20 years ago?

No you don't.

Back on topic though: it's still a lottery.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

They may well be!
    Two wrongs don't make a right though :)

Sometimes two wrongs do make a right though.

Unrelated example: paedophilia is wrong. However it makes sense to not allow convicted paedophiles to become school teachers or boy scout leaders. Even though they might have served their sentence in the justice system. It's wrong, in the sense that they might have done their time, and should not be discriminated against based on past events, but it's also right, in the sense of protecting children. Sometimes hard decisions like these need to be made, sadly.

No you don't.

Back on topic though: it's still a lottery.

I'd say a horce race is a better analogy. Any horse can win, but there are the favourites and there are the rank outsiders. I'm willing to put money on the next terrorist attack, and there will be one, will not be a Japanese Buddhist.

Unrelated example: paedophilia is wrong. However it makes sense to not allow convicted paedophiles to become school teachers or boy scout leaders. Even though they might have served their sentence in the justice system. It's wrong, in the sense that they might have done their time, and should not be discriminated against based on past events, but it's also right, in the sense of protecting children. Sometimes hard decisions like these need to be made, sadly.

That's not two wrongs?
    What is wrong with your head!!!!!
    That's child protection and why would you think that is wrong?
    Do you think the sex offenders register is wrong too.......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,484 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

No, because being disqualified from working with children is part of their sentence. Only a judge can order it at the time of sentencing.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

I'd say a horce race is a better analogy. Any horse can win, but there are the favourites and there are the rank outsiders. I'm willing to put money on the next terrorist attack, and there will be one, will not be a Japanese Buddhist.

You're right, it will probably be a white Christian somewhere in America.

That's not two wrongs?
    What is wrong with your head!!!!!
    That's child protection and why would you think that is wrong?
    Do you think the sex offenders register is wrong too.......

I told you, it's wrong in the sense that some people could argue that they've served their time, and that just because they committed one crime in the past doesn't make them more likely to commit the same crime in the future. That they should be allowed to re-join society and be able to pursue a career without being stigmatised forever.

You're right, it will probably be a white Christian somewhere in America.

I guess black on black mass shootings in Chicago or Baltimore don't count, right?

I told you, it's wrong in the sense that some people could argue that they've served their time, and that just because they committed one crime in the past doesn't make them more likely to commit the same crime in the future. That they should be allowed to re-join society and be able to pursue a career without being stigmatised forever.

No. Sorry. Doesn't matter what they argue, they will never be allowed to work with children exactly because they have a conviction of child sex assault. It's all part of the same thing. They will be put on a sex offenders register also, and will forever have to tell gardai where they live. It's all part of the same punishment.

Yet you are willing to stigmatise every Muslim and refuse them entry to Ireland/Europe because a tiny minority commit terror attacks!

I guess black on black mass shootings in Chicago or Baltimore don't count, right?

Gangbangers shooting each other? Drug/gang related? No they don't count as terror attacks. Sitting in a hotel room with several guns and shooting into a crowd? Yeah that would count.

Yet you are willing to stigmatise every Muslim and refuse them entry to Ireland/Europe because a tiny minority commit terror attacks!

Nowhere have I said anything about every Muslim. As I said, if they are genuine asylum seekers, or fill a skills shortage in the workforce, then I've no issue with that. Where I have a problem is with the hordes of young men arriving into Europe illegally without any papers or anything. If you are a genuine asylum seeker you are supposed to arrive through a legal port of entry.

Denmark has recently declared that Syria is safe to return to. We should follow their lead and assist any Syrians that arrived here in the past 10 years to return home to re-build their country. Of course, if they have jobs and built a life and have real ties to Ireland, then I would be willing to let them stay.

Nowhere have I said anything about every Muslim. As I said, if they are genuine asylum seekers, or fill a skills shortage in the workforce, then I've no issue with that. Where I have a problem is with the hordes of young men arriving into Europe illegally without any papers or anything. If you are a genuine asylum seeker you are supposed to arrive through a legal port of entry.

Denmark has recently declared that Syria is safe to return to. We should follow their lead and assist any Syrians that arrived here in the past 10 years to return home to re-build their country. Of course, if they have jobs and built a life and have real ties to Ireland, then I would be willing to let them stay.

And if in 10/15/20 years one of their children commits an act of terrorism? Many of the attacks have been by people who have been born and grown up in the countries where they commit the attacks, how does your "solution" above stop that?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,538 ✭✭✭jmreire

And if in 10/15/20 years one of their children commits an act of terrorism? Many of the attacks have been by people who have been born and grown up in the countries where they commit the attacks, how does your "solution" above stop that?

I'll try again.. What's your solution Timberrrrrrrrr?

• Advertisement

jmreire wrote: »
    I'll try again.. What's your solution Timberrrrrrrrr?

Read back

Obviously it doesn't stop all potential attacks. However it greatly reduces the future population of Islamic jihadists. I don't have numbers to back this up, but my sense is that most of the Islamic migrants into Europe are coming illegally. Years ago we were getting the cream of talent, my best friend growing up was a muslim whose family were highly educated Egyptians. They assimilated, and I have had many great drunken nights with the guy who is as Irish as they come.

However, one swallow does not a summer make. Looking at all the countries in Europe where mass migration has occurred from outside the EU, I strongly feel we shouldn't go down that road if possible. Malmo has gone from being a low crime city to a place where grenade attacks are no longer news.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,538 ✭✭✭jmreire

Read back

If you can't summarize in a few sentences your solution to the issue, then I can't be bothered trawling through your post's. But thanks anyway for the suggestion:o

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 146 ✭✭Marco23d

Funny all the posters going on about the "horrible IRA" which are now the most popular party in the republic and second most popular in the North.

PIRA funerals have had some of the largest funerals in the recent history of the world and the IRA had support from large segments of the Irish population most of the people comparing the IRA to ISIS are likely brainwashed readers of the independent.ie

it has nearly nothing to do with the Country they are born in, and everything to do with radical Islam, and the Imans and Mullahs who preach this version, no matter where they are. Lisa Smith was radicalized while in Ireland, and you can be sure that whoever radicalized her is still in business. But chances of an Islamic Terrorist attack are definitely greater from some one who was born and educated in an Islamic Country, and moved to Europe.

This is what the media would have you believe but it's not true it's down to the west being seen to be colonising and oppressing Muslim nations for their own personal gain, it's a fight against modern day colonialism in their eyes and the terror attacks are meant to draw attention to activities in the middle east by Western countries like the US and the UK and make the civilian population of those countries put pressure on the governments to cease or minimise their activities in those countries

Without the terror attacks there would be no attention or pressure on governments on their behaviour in the middle east.

Trust me I believed for a long time this all stemmed from people getting brainwashed by the Quran but I was foolish and uneducated on Sociological and psychological understandings of world conflicts, it's never as simple as it's made out to be in the media and is often beneficial for the general population not to know the real reasons behind these attacks.

Marco23d wrote: »
    Funny all the posters going on about the "horrible IRA" which are now the most popular party in the republic and second most popular in the North.

PIRA funerals have had some of the largest funerals in the recent history of the world and the IRA had support from large segments of the Irish population most of the people comparing the IRA to ISIS are likely brainwashed readers of the independent.ie

Anyone supporting the PIRA were brainwashed.

If you can't summarize in a few sentences your solution to the issue, then I can't be bothered trawling through your post's. But thanks anyway for the suggestion:o

If you can't be bothered reading the posts in the thread then that's your issue not mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,838 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

Anyone supporting the PIRA were brainwashed.

Lol.

Danzy wrote: »
    Lol.

That gave me a good laugh as well.

• Advertisement

As soon as Jihadis are mention the old IRA is dusted off. A few times in this thread even.
    Whenever there is a bomb in NI, do you think people in MENA go "Yeah but we have IS/Taliban/Al Queida/Boko Haram." :D

Advertisement