Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Female Police officer stabbed to death in France

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭Cordell

---

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Are ISIS the only people to use child soldiers this way?
    It happens in Africa also - Boko Haram and other African groups.
    Why do you ask?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,585 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Cordell wrote: »
    Defending a woman having her child holding up a death threat it's quite a strange way of defending them as non radicals.

Where have I defended them?

Again, a very strange defending of muslims, by suggesting there are others just as bad as them.
    And to answer your question, there may be others, and Europe should be wary of all of them.

And again, where have I defended them?

In this thread and others we have had posters say

The majority of Muslims support the likes of ISIS

That Muslims should be vetted on entering the country.

If a Muslim commits any crime they should be deported.

If a Muslim commits a crime.then they, thier parents and thier siblings should all be deported (it doesn't matter if they were born in Ireland)

And the ridiculous suggestion that any Muslims immigrants should be chaperoned by an unpaid volunteer for ten years to help them assimilate to "Irish culture" :rolleyes:

Wether you would like to admit it or not there are some posters in these threads that have a hatred of Muslims and all things Islamic.

biko wrote: »
    It happens in Africa also - Boko Haram and other African groups.
    Why do you ask?

I've never seen you or anyone else mention them, I guess those children being forced to kill are not as scary as De Mooslims right?

Where have I defended them?
    Right here, by saying that it's not that bad to have a child hold up a death threat because he doesn't understand it anyway.
    And in general by pointing out that there's already home grown fundamentalism in the western world so we should have no big issue with importing even more, no matter id it's even more dangerous.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭DerekC16

I've never seen you or anyone else mention them, I guess those children being forced to kill are not as scary as De Mooslims right?

You're a pathetic individual.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭WrenBoy

People have every right and good reason to be wary of the increasing population/impact of islam on Europe in light of almost world wide civil unrest and attacks in recent years.
    This ridiculous argument that you have to have spoken out on every injustice that ever happened in the world to speak about a certain one is puerile imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,538 ✭✭✭jmreire

OK, so it's only islam/Muslims when it suits your agenda :pac:

Nope. Both building bombings were then and still are officially the activities of Chechen Muslim seperatists. The 3rd attempt was not an actual bombing attempt, again officially, it was to test the building security.
    So officially these two actual bombings were all the work of Chechen Muslim seperatists, and the 3rd was a security check, to make sure that the security system put in place in apartment blocks after the two previous bombings was working.
    However outside agencys believe it was all planned by Boris Yeltsin to propel his protege Vladimir Putin into power.
    And in the 3 years 2010 to 2013, there were a total of 4 bombings. ( your post ) When you consider the thousands killed and the mass destruction in both the Chechen wars, and the level of anger that exists there, thats pretty tight control on terrorism in my book anyway. And in the Caucasus, there is still lots of unrest, it has not gone away, and thats why I deliberately excluded Chechnya in my original post. Chechens themselves are not convinced that the last war is finished yet.

But they are De Mooslims,..Boko Haram are affiliated to isis ( since the most of them got kicked out of Syria,,they have been cropping up in many places, like in Afghanistan or any countrys where there is unrest that they can exploit. ) So far in Nigeria, the death toll is 30'000, and 3 million people displaced. They rose to fame ( if thats the correct word...) after they kidnapped nearly 300 girls from a school. But they had been active long before that. They want a pure Islamic state, hence the name "Boko Haram" which means western teachings forbidden. Because its in Africa, it doesn't get the headlines it would receive if it was happening in this part of thne world. But they are Islamic terrorists, pure and simple and dont mind using child soldiers. And like isis, al queada etc, they totally disregard the wishes of their fellow Muslims, who want nothing to do with them or their version of Islam.

Nor have I seen you pour your heart out for Africans. Ah well maybe one day ;)

This thread isn't about African child soldiers but feel free to start a thread on that.
    This thread is about ISIS who inspired or ordered Jamel to kill Stephanie*.

*the victim in case her name eludes you.

• Advertisement

Right here, by saying that it's not that bad to have a child hold up a death threat because he doesn't understand it anyway.
    And in general by pointing out that there's already home grown fundamentalism in the western world so we should have no big issue with importing even more, no matter id it's even more dangerous.

Please point out where I said this.

Nor have I seen you pour your heart out for Africans. Ah well maybe one day ;)

This thread isn't about African child soldiers but feel free to start a thread on that.
    This thread is about ISIS who inspired or ordered Jamel to kill Stephanie*.

*the victim in case her name eludes you.

Your concern for her is touching, even if we all know your real agenda in this thread ;)

Please point out where I said this.

You know where and you're being very dishonest in using this tactic and I'm not biting anymore :|

I don't see why bringing Islamists to Ireland will benefit the population.
    Some may disagree but I'd rather than Ireland remains safe than we risk the lives of citizens for some leftist agenda.

Tbh, I am baffled some people will want to bring homophobes, sexists and antisemites into a country that just recently have throw off the shackles of religion and allowed same sex marriages.
    Why do these people want to revert to darker days? It's a mystery.

Some may disagree but I'd rather than Ireland remains safe than we risk the lives of citizens for some leftist agenda.

Tbh, I am baffled some people will want to bring homophobes, sexists and antisemites into a country that just recently have throw off the shackles of religion and allowed same sex marriages.

I don't see what someone's religion has to Do with it? Surely their circumstances, ability to work, need for migration are the important factors?
    Do you think the millions of Muslims believe exactly what you have listed above?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,838 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

The difference is the child probably doesn't even understand the sign he is holding whereas the woman clearly knows what she is saying.

You probably see nothing wrong with these placards either

120807100010-rottman-westboro-protest-live-video.jpg

Are you adding the Westborough Church to those you defend??

Going by the photos which I think was if them, that said they might be Islamic, their signs wouldn't raise an eyebrow outside any mainstream mosque.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

When was the last time Islam/Muslims affected your life?

When was the last time Christianity/christians affected your life?

I guarantee the first has never affected you

I guarantee the second has affected you

But hey.....De Mooslims are gonna get us all :rolleyes:

From slim straws to no straws at all. :)

bubblypop wrote: »
    I don't see what someone's religion has to Do with it? Surely their circumstances, ability to work, need for migration are the important factors?
    Do you think the millions of Muslims believe exactly what you have listed above?
    In Ireland in 2016 an Imam invited gays to a meal. But..
    members of the Muslim Youth Council of Ireland had questioned his invitation to LGBT people to take part in the Iftar.
    “How can you do this? Are you condoning homosexuality?”
    https://www.irishtimes.com/news/social-affairs/religion-and-beliefs/muslim-leader-criticised-over-insulting-invite-to-gay-people-1.2707041
    You think their comments had nothing to do with their religion?

I think you need to ask your Muslims friends about their views about gay people.

Bambi wrote: »
    From slim straws to no straws at all. :)

Bambi, I guarantee you if he ever had the misfortune to come in contact with a radical Islamist, ( or any other like minded posters on here) and assuming he / they survived the encounter, you would see a a massive turn around in their opinions. But because its Ireland, and we have yet to see any such attacks here, they feel safe and secure. I hope that their secure bubble never bursts.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,484 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

There's plenty wrong and the woman is obviously deranged, but at least she's not abusing her child.

I would disagree.

It occurs to me to ask: what IS an "Islamist" in your mind?

Because people make the stupid crass generaisation based on religion. **** like this is what makes you look racist.

You say "a country that just recently have throw off the shackles of religion" and yet what proportion of it said it ws Catholic in the last census? This would mean - by your logic - that the country is very much STILL homphobic and sexist.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Advertisement

Millions dont, but some do, and even a tiny minority can cause major damage, and, as recent events in Euriope have shown, this minority is active in Europe. And their actuvityt is religion driven. But aside from every thing else, why are we allowing unrestrcted immigration anyway when it has been proven not to have been a success elsewhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Mr. Karate

Female Police officer stabbed to death in France. The attacker shouted Allahu Akbar before carrying out the attack.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-56862436

We don't know the motivation for the attack. :rolleyes:

Mr. Karate wrote: »
    We don't know the motivation for the attack. :rolleyes:

It was a peaceful protest at the price of chocolate Freddo's I think.

In Ireland in 2016 an Imam invited gays to a meal. But..
    https://www.irishtimes.com/news/social-affairs/religion-and-beliefs/muslim-leader-criticised-over-insulting-invite-to-gay-people-1.2707041
    You think their comments had nothing to do with their religion?

I think you need to ask your Muslims friends about their views about gay people.

My Muslim friends have no issue with gay people.

jmreire wrote: »
    Millions dont, but some do, and even a tiny minority can cause major damage, and, as recent events in Euriope have shown, this minority is active in Europe. And their actuvityt is religion driven. But aside from every thing else, why are we allowing unrestrcted immigration anyway when it has been proven not to have been a success elsewhere?

We don't allow unrestricted immigration.
    Not sure where people are getting this idea?

You know where and you're being very dishonest in using this tactic and I'm not biting anymore :|

You can't show me because I never said it, nice try though.

DerekC16 wrote: »
    You're a pathetic individual.

Ah sure it keeps him happy, continually poking holes in posters opinions, and look at it another way, he's keeping the thread alive and well....you have to admire his stamina .:rolleyes: I'm sure that he would make a great barrister....:D

Bambi, I guarantee you if he ever had the misfortune to come in contact with a radical Islamist, ( or any other like minded posters on here) and assuming he / they survived the encounter, you would see a a massive turn around in their opinions. But because its Ireland, and we have yet to see any such attacks here, they feel safe and secure. I hope that their secure bubble never bursts.

I live in the UK, Close to the Manchester arena that was recently bombed so you are very wrong there kiddo.

Has Ireland thrown its doors open to everyone? Have you proof of this?

• Advertisement

We don't allow unrestricted immigration.
    Not sure where people are getting this idea?

Quote from CSO 2016:-

Table 1.1 Country of origin of non-Irish nationals resident in Ireland classified by number of persons, 2016
    Number of nationals
    1 - 10 11 - 50 51 - 200 201 - 1,000 1,001 - 10,000 Over 10,000
    Andorra Azerbaijan Armenia Albania Afghanistan America
    Anguilla Bahrain Bolivia Algeria Australia Brazil
    Antigua/Barbuda Barbados Burma Angola Bangladesh France
    Bahamas Benin Burundi Argentina Belgium Germany
    Belize Bhutan Cuba Austria Bulgaria India
    Bermuda Brunei Cyprus Belarus Canada Italy
    British Indian Ocean territory Chad Eritrea Bosnia China Latvia
    Burkina Faso Costa Rica Guinea Botswana Congo Lithuania
    Cambodia Dominica Hong Kong Cameroon Croatia Poland
    Cape Verde Dominican Republic Iceland Chile Czech Republic Romania
    Cayman Islands East Timor Indonesia Colombia Estonia Spain
    Central African Ecuador Ivory Coast Denmark Hungary UK
    Faroe Islands Equatorial Guinea Jamaica Egypt Malaysia
    French Polynesia Fiji Jordan Ethiopia Mauritius
    Gibraltar Gambia Kazakhstan Finland Mexico
    Grenada Guatemala Lebanon Georgia Moldova
    Guadeloupe Guyana Lesotho Ghana Netherlands
    Guam Honduras Liberia Greece New Zealand
    Guinea - Bissau Kyrgyzstan Macedonia Iran Nigeria
    Haiti Laos Malta Iraq Pakistan
    Liechtenstein Luxembourg Palestine Israel Philippines
    Macau Maldives Peru Japan Portugal
    Madagascar Mali Rwanda Kenya Russian Federation
    Monaco Mauritania Sierra Leone Kosovo Saudi Arabia
    Montserrat Montenegro Tanzania Kuwait Slovakia
    Mozambique Nicaragua Togo Libya South Africa
    Namibia Niger Trinidad and Tobago Malawi South Korea
    North Korea Panama Tunisia Mongolia Sweden
    Papua New Guinea Paraguay Uganda Morocco Thailand
    Puerto Rico Salvadoran United Arab Emirates Nepal Turkey
    Qatar Samoa Uruguay Norway Ukraine
    Reunion Senegal Zambia Oman Venezuela
    San Marino Seychelles Serbia
    Solomon Islands South Sudan Singapore
    St. Kitts and Nevis Swaziland Slovenia
    St. Lucia Uzbekistan Somalia
    St. Vincents Yemen Sri Lanka
    Suriname Sudan
    Tonga Switzerland
    Turkmenistan Syria
    Turks and Caicos Islands Taiwan
    Vatican City Vietnam
    Western Sahara Zimbabwe
    Yugoslavia
    Number of countries
    44 37 32 43 32 12
    Total number of persons
    201 949 3,398 22,721 105,341 393,959
    Open in Excel: Census 2016 Profile 7 - Migration and Diversity Table 1.1 (XLS 14KB)
    But check the CSO web page, and it comes out a lot clearer than copy paste. Plus its nearly 5 years out of date, and I'm pretty sure that the next census will show increases.

Advertisement