Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Female Police officer stabbed to death in France

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 84,863 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

I've read the Koran, I've read the bible, I've also read the Torah....all of those books are "full of dubious stuff that could easily be used to justify terrorism".

I think a Bible proscribing death as a punishment for homosexuality seems a bit like terrorism against the gays if I’m being honest.

Did you know the Gay Panic Defense was a serious legal doctrine in the Christian USA?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,637 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Overheal wrote: »
    I think a Bible proscribing death as a punishment for homosexuality seems a bit like terrorism against the gays if I’m being honest.

Committed adultery? It's a stoning for you young lady!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Do you?
    I asked you first ;)
    Do you?
    Look at countries that don't have these attacks. What are they doing?

For instance - Ireland have had no attacks, do you two envision that to change?
    Is so why? And how can you stop it from happening here?

• Site Banned Posts: 32 AmyMurphy22

Really? Can you point to the survey where all 1 billion+ Muslims said this?

Ugh...just seen join date :rolleyes:

Find me a Muslim that doesn't think the Quran is a sacred text inspired by God? It's a pretty important part of being a Muslim!

When I joined is irrelevant - stay on topic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,146 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Do you? Seriously...what's the solution to stopping these attacks seeing as the killer was in the country legally, had been there for many years, had no known connection to Islamic terrorism and wasn't on any watch lists...how do you stop someone like that?

Information.
    Intelligence.
    Infiltration.
    Someone is radicalising them. Find out where the meetings are held. Plant listening devices. Trace back this murderers steps.
    The French will be actively doing the above since it happened.
    It’s the only way to prevent further attacks,

• Advertisement

biko wrote: »
    I asked you first ;)

I thought I saw at least a few threads about stabbings in Ireland, so I’m not sure I take your meaning that stabbings do not occur in ROI. Stabbed Gardai no less. Does it not count as an endemic problem unless the attackers shouted Allah Ackbar?

I asked you first ;)

Well Ireland didn't create slums for Muslim migrants, Ireland didn't kill a million Muslims in Algeria, if a Muslim applies for a job in Ireland they are not looked down upon like they are in France. Have you ever driven through the suburbs of Paris?

• Site Banned Posts: 32 AmyMurphy22

I've read the Koran, I've read the bible, I've also read the Torah....all of those books are "full of dubious stuff that could easily be used to justify terrorism".

True. It's just that today Islam is a few centuries behind the other religious in terms of their development. It needs reformed.

Information.
    Intelligence.
    Infiltration.
    Someone is radicalising them. Find out where the meetings are held. Plant listening devices. Trace back this murderers steps.
    The French will be actively doing the above since it happened.
    It’s the only way to prevent further attacks,

I agree and hopefully they find out this information and do stop further attacks.

Well Ireland didn't create slums for Muslim migrants, Ireland didn't kill a million Muslims in Algeria, if a Muslim applies for a job in Ireland they are not looked down upon like they are in France. Have you ever driven through the suburbs of Paris?

Holy ****.

You mean there are other factors than just “Muslim, exists?” :eek:

• Advertisement

jmayo wrote: »
    I think Klaz covered this.

Its not going to be accepted though. Oh, one or two posters might accept it, but the same logic will be repeated a few posts later by another poster.

That's this thread in a nutshell. The points keep getting repeated regardless of how often the holes in logic are pointed out.

Holy ****.

You mean there are other factors than just “Muslim, exists?” :eek:

Who'da thunk it huh?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,841 ✭✭✭TomTomTim

Yet funnily enough, we rarely have terrorism in the name of Christianity or Judaism? And don't bother mentioning the IRA, anyone with any sense knows the IRA were motivated by territory, not religion.

“The man who lies to himself can be more easily offended than anyone else. You know it is sometimes very pleasant to take offense, isn't it? A man may know that nobody has insulted him, but that he has invented the insult for himself, has lied and exaggerated to make it picturesque, has caught at a word and made a mountain out of a molehill--he knows that himself, yet he will be the first to take offense, and will revel in his resentment till he feels great pleasure in it.”- ― Fyodor Dostoevsky, The Brothers Karamazov

Who'da thunk it huh?

Not everyone. Not everyone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,612 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

I asked you first ;)

Irleand has muslims, so that can't be the commection anyway.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

TomTomTim wrote: »
    Yet funnily enough, we rarely have terrorism in the name of Christianity or Judaism? And don't bother mentioning the IRA, anyone with any sense knows the IRA were motivated by territory, not religion.

Sure: literally none of Israel’s or any Israeli’s activities could possibly be misconstrued as terrorism. And Christians, or “Christian Nations,” after all, are occupying the Middle East but you can’t call that terrorism it’s “nation building,” under the auspice of force. Completely different circumstances.

I’m reasonably sure if a self described Muslim nation occupied Ireland we’d see fair ****s more Irish Christian terrorists.

Find me a Muslim that doesn't think the Quran is a sacred text inspired by God? It's a pretty important part of being a Muslim!

When I joined is irrelevant - stay on topic.

I know plenty of Muslims that are extremely lax, they don't think about the Koran at all. Very like the lax catholics in this country

That’s not the sole or only reason. Algeria was years ago. And the emigrants from Algeria were fleeing the uprising, they were francophone. Plus the the uprising was nationalist not Islamic.

I’m not sure, genuinely, whether France created the slums or it’s just an symptom of people living in poor areas because they were poor, or the natural congregation of people with like minded people.

The main reason these days is because France is seen in the Muslim world as trying to impose its strong secularism on its Muslim population. Look at the Pakistani reaction to France recently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,743 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

So you'd be making the argument that something in the cop killers record prior to their arrival in 2009 or their naturalization in 2017 etc. shows a criminal record?

So do you have any evidence of that?

Surely it's just as possible for someone without a record as with one to have committed such an attack. Not that you don't have a great ask for your border security standard, ie. letting in known criminals, but you are pre-supposing it would have helped at all in this case or therefore that pushing for crackdowns on criminal records at the border would somehow solve the problem in the future. There's also the problem that the places people were taking refuge from did not, necessarily, maintain good records or have a means to share that with international partners, such as Ireland France or the UK. It's one thing to say 'just don't admit criminals' but the reality is so much greyer than that.

A clean record is also not be on any watch list or having ‘links’ to terrorism...links to either individuals or organizations....

It’s not 100% foolproof but it’s sure better then just hoping for the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,841 ✭✭✭TomTomTim

Sure: literally none of Israel’s or any Israeli’s activities could possibly be misconstrued as terrorism. And Christians, or “Christian Nations,” after all, are occupying the Middle East but you can’t call that terrorism it’s “nation building,” under the auspice of force. Completely different circumstances.

This is why no one should ever engage with you. Pure dishonest nonsense, and you know exactly what you're doing. None of it is done in innocence.

You know fine well that America's Middle Eastern escapades have nothing to do with Christianity. All these wars, all these actions, are voted for by both the Democrats & the Republicans. Are you going to, with a straight face, tell me the Democrats are supporters of Christianity?

“The man who lies to himself can be more easily offended than anyone else. You know it is sometimes very pleasant to take offense, isn't it? A man may know that nobody has insulted him, but that he has invented the insult for himself, has lied and exaggerated to make it picturesque, has caught at a word and made a mountain out of a molehill--he knows that himself, yet he will be the first to take offense, and will revel in his resentment till he feels great pleasure in it.”- ― Fyodor Dostoevsky, The Brothers Karamazov

• Advertisement

TomTomTim wrote: »
    This is why no one should ever engage with you. Pure dishonest nonsense, and you know exactly what you're doing. None of it is done in innocence.

You know fine well that America's Middle Eastern escapades have nothing to do with Christianity. All these wars, all these actions, are voted for by both the Democrats & the Republicans. Are you going to, with a straight face, tell me the Democrats are supporters of Christianity?

Good luck arguing that to the Middle East.
    One of the delegates, Nabil Shaath, who was Palestinian foreign minister at the time, said: "President Bush said to all of us: 'I am driven with a mission from God'. God would tell me, 'George go and fight these terrorists in Afghanistan'. And I did. And then God would tell me 'George, go and end the tyranny in Iraq'. And I did."

Mr Bush went on: "And now, again, I feel God's words coming to me, 'Go get the Palestinians their state and get the Israelis their security, and get peace in the Middle East'. And, by God, I'm gonna do it."

Mr Bush, who became a born-again Christian at 40, is one of the most overtly religious leaders to occupy the White House, a fact which brings him much support in middle America.

What exactly is it I’m doing other than tearing apart the holes and problems with some of the untenable sweeping arguments presented forthwith?

bubblypop wrote: »
    I know plenty of Muslims that are extremely lax, they don't think about the Koran at all. Very like the lax catholics in this country

I’d say more than 99% of Muslims are great people and they don’t want these crimes committed in their name. Yet there are dangers for their children lurking in their midst. These people radicalise young and easily influenced people some of whom are already angry by events they read about or lies (maybe even truths) they were told firsthand.

Irleand has muslims, so that can't be the commection anyway.

Enter Lisa Smith stage left.

So you don't think that any "Allah Akbar" attacks will happen in Ireland?
    I wish I had your, let's say positive attitude.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,612 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Enter Lisa Smith stage left.

She's not muslim either.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

So you don't think that any "Allah Akbar" attacks will happen in Ireland?
    I wish I had your, let's say positive attitude.

So it’s not the knifing that utmost concerns you, or ‘Stephanié’ but people stabbing Stephanié while shouting Allah Ackbar?

https://www.rfi.fr/en/france/20210425-france-knife-attacker-watched-jihadist-videos-before-killing-policewoman-rambouillet-islamist-extremism
    A Tunisian man who stabbed to death a police employee outside Paris on Friday had embraced Islamist extremism in recent months, according to France's anti-terror prosecutor, who said the knifeman watched jihadist propaganda videos just before the attack.

She's not muslim either.
    Did you ask her, or are you saying this because she joined the Islamic State?

So it sounds like aforementioned secular etc pressure in France and radicalization not from a duty tome but a recently fashioned assemblage of jihadist videos. Clearly, we can root out the Koran as the root problem to police.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,743 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

I worked in France, lived there. I worked with Muslims... I was working for the OECD... a Moroccan muslim gentleman shared our office ..

France didn’t create slums. Like here, there is opportunity. The French however, make you earn it. As it should be.

Your passport won’t get you a job or keep you in one.

However harsh you perceive your treatment, you don’t have a right to murder people...

The country welcomed them and gave safety ffs.

Advertisement