Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Female Police officer stabbed to death in France

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,585 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

That’s not the sole or only reason. Algeria was years ago. And the emigrants from Algeria were fleeing the uprising, they were francophone. Plus the the uprising was nationalist not Islamic.

I’m not sure, genuinely, whether France created the slums or it’s just an symptom of people living in poor areas because they were poor, or the natural congregation of people with like minded people.

The main reason these days is because France is seen in the Muslim world as trying to impose its strong secularism on its Muslim population. Look at the Pakistani reaction to France recently.

Bloody Sunday was years ago yet I'm sure I've seen you posting about how the BA should release information and prosecute the soldiers involved that day.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,443 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Strumms wrote: »
    I worked in France, lived there. I worked with Muslims... I was working for the OECD... a Moroccan muslim gentleman shared our office ..

France didn’t create slums. Like here, there is opportunity. The French however, make you earn it. As it should be.

Your passport won’t get you a job or keep you in one.

However harsh you perceive your treatment, you don’t have a right to murder people...

The country welcomed them and gave safety ffs.

I don’t see a single post or user that argued that anyone has a right to murder someone. Just as much as Tayto Lover has pointed out, without objection, it’s about understanding problems better which might end up leading to similar violence. Pointing out the cultural conflict between secular liberal France and refugees who were demonstrably not, the slums, etc etc is not defending an act of murder, it’s arguing the problem is vastly more intricate than “Muslim man bad.” None of that excuses murder any more than “he came from a poor home etc” excuses some convicted gangbanger of a murder in the US or something, that doesn’t mean we should still be addressing those issues as evidenced by such murders etc.

RIP
    Another innocent victim

• Registered Users Posts: 33,484 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

biko wrote: »
    Did you ask her, or are you saying this because she joined the Islamic State?

She's an 8-year-old cartoon character. I haven't watched the Simpsons in well over twen years. What's your point, or do you have one?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

She's an 8-year-old cartoon character. What's your point?

Smith, not Simpson.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭Cordell

So you don't think that any "Allah Akbar" attacks will happen in Ireland?
    I wish I had your, let's say positive attitude.

There is islamic terrorism activity already, just no actual attack, yet.

Overheal wrote: »
    Smith, not Simpson.

Ah my bad. Did wonder, but with the amount of **** in this thread to date, nothing suprises me.

That said bringing up Lisa Smith to repond to the point that there are muslims living in Ierland only makes slightly more sense than bringing up Lisa Simpson.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,492 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

I don’t see a single post or user that argued that anyone has a right to murder someone. Just as much as Tayto Lover has pointed out, without objection, it’s about understanding problems better which might end up leading to similar violence. Pointing out the cultural conflict between secular liberal France and refugees who were demonstrably not, the slums, etc etc is not defending an act of murder, it’s arguing the problem is vastly more intricate than “Muslim man bad.” None of that excuses murder any more than “he came from a poor home etc” excuses some convicted gangbanger of a murder in the US or something, that doesn’t mean we should still be addressing those issues as evidenced by such murders etc.

The people are the problems... they are officered security, safety, opportunities, cash and it’s repaid with murder.

Approximately 37% of all EU country’s have fallen victim to Islamic terror attacks.

Started in France in ‘95... continues to now, 26 years and counting.

104 attacks since 1995

• Registered Users Posts: 52,010 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Ah my bad. Did wonder, but with the amount of **** in this thread to date, nothing suprises me.

That said bringing up Lisa Smith to repond to the point that there are muslims living in Ierland only makes slightly more sense than bringing up Lisa Simpson.

Lisa Smith is a former Irish soldier who converted to Islam and later travelled to Syria during the Syrian Civil War to join the terrorist militant group the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant during the Syrian Civil War.

She lives quite close to me. She used to be a lovely girl but took up with a Radical Muslim who seems to have brainwashed her.

I’m just showing what can happen and even a member of the Irish Defence Forces fell foul of the brainwashing. It may not be anything at all to do with religion but these people are very keen to use it to their advantage.

The people are the problems... they are officered security, safety, opportunities, cash and it’s repaid with murder.

Approximately 37% of all EU country’s have fallen victim to Islamic terror attacks.

Started in France in ‘95... continues to now, 26 years and counting.

104 attacks since 1995

And how many refugees in France since 1995?

Does it make sense to be resentful toward whatever that figure is, because that vastly larger number of persons were “offered safety etc” while there have been 104 attacks in 26 years?

Because unless you’re suggesting the suspect in this case committed 103 other attacks, I don’t see how it is fair to offer X number of refugees bigoted resentment because 104 people who committed acts of violence also happened to have accepted “security safety cash and opportunities.”

Surely X >>> 104. X all took that deal and haven’t been a problem.

• Advertisement

Lisa Smith is a former Irish soldier who converted to Islam and later travelled to Syria during the Syrian Civil War to join the terrorist militant group the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant during the Syrian Civil War.

She lives quite close to me. She used to be a lovely girl but took up with a Radical Muslim who seems to have brainwashed her.

I’m just showing what can happen and even a member of the Irish Defence Forces fell foul of the brainwashing. It may not be anything at all to do with religion but these people are very keen to use it to their advantage.

Doesn't challenge my poitn about muslims in Ireland, but when you say "these people" are we STILL at the point here people are refusing to differentiate between fundamentalist extremist and every-day adherent?

Doesn't challenge my poitn about muslims in Ireland, but when you say "these people" are we STILL at the point here people are refusing to differentiate between fundamentalist extremist and every-day adherent?

Or even every day ‘my family is Muslim, meh’ people?

Poor colleague of mine was happy to share the resentment Muslim men, including himself, tend to feel about being John-Smith by way of most of them being named Mohammad. He goes by his middle name. I doubt everyone feels the same as he. I wouldn’t go putting all Muslims in the same jar for the purposes of what we are discussing.

I thought “these people “ was obvious enough I e people who radicalise others.
    I know plenty of great Muslim people.

FWIW I understood that statement referred to Jihadists/radicalizers or especially ISIS in that case

Does it make sense to be resentful toward whatever that figure is, because that vastly larger number of persons were “offered safety etc” while there have been 104 attacks in 26 years?

Because unless you’re suggesting the suspect in this case committed 103 other attacks, I don’t see how it is fair to offer X number of refugees bigoted resentment because 104 people who committed acts of violence also happened to have accepted “security safety cash and opportunities.”

I’m not resentful at all horse. But I want to avoid here having the exact same problem... here.
    If we could admit x number of people while guaranteeing all of our safety, grand.. but history shows or suggests that’s unlikely.

I’m focused on those who are a problem... the success in helping 100000 people would not be worth it if even a single attack and single murder was committed...

If it’s happening in Sweden, Denmark, Spain, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Turkey and more besides, it’s coming here.
    Loyalty and safety to us here first and foremost.

I’m not resentful at all horse. But I want to avoid here having the exact same problem... here.

I’m focused on those who are a problem... the success in helping 100000 people would not be worth it if even a single attack and single murder was committed...

Loyalty and safety to us here first and foremost.

I get the “worth of a human life” sentiment but this isn’t also a thought experiment: the larger number or people were helped and exist and the murder occurred. However surely this sentiment doesn’t mean that persons actions or even those 104 actions justify retaliating against the larger number? It’s one thing to say it ahead of time, that you wouldn’t want to be involved if someone dies, but someone has died, long after this was all set into motion: was it all categorically worthless to help so many?

Not really, when no one is arguing in favour of radicalism.

Bigoted resentment ? Nothing of the sort old bean, resentful of the fact that people have and are coming to Europe to radicalize , terrorize and murder....

Bigoted resentment ? Nothing of the sort old bean, resentful of the fact that people have and are coming to Europe to radicalize , terrorize and murder....

Evidenced by this case? :confused:

We long ago established the suspect came to France from Tunisia in 2009. Are you suggesting this was premeditated from that far back?!

I hope you mean that ISIS etc. are actively trying to influence refugees and such. That’s a serious problem that intelligence agencies are familiar with. But you seem to be painting a picture of these refugees coming in droves with dreams or ambitions of violent anarchy dancing in their heads.

Evidenced by this case? :confused:

We long ago established the suspect came to France from Tunisia in 2009. Are you suggesting this was premeditated from that far back?!

I hope you mean that ISIS etc. are actively trying to influence refugees and such. That’s a serious problem that intelligence agencies are familiar with. But you seem to be painting a picture of these refugees coming in droves with dreams or ambitions of violent anarchy dancing in their heads.

Another example....The Würzburg train attack, the perpetrator was in Germany less than two years.

• Advertisement

She's not muslim either.

She definitely converted. Just rechecked that.

Another example....The Würzburg train attack, the perpetrator was in Germany less than two years.

Yet since the attacker in this case was 11 years removed I doubt that's conclusive evidence that refugees all have ulterior motives, or even in most part. Heck, it doesn't even stand up on its own as evidencing your argument that such train attack was 2 years premeditated.

Yet since the attacker in this case was 11 years removed I doubt that's conclusive evidence that refugees all have ulterior motives, or even in most part. Heck, it doesn't even stand up on its own as evidencing your argument that such train attack was 2 years premeditated.

I don’t recall anybody saying all refugees have ulterior motives :)

What doesn’t stand up is you making accusations of that nature to try ‘win’ a debate but hey.

I don’t recall anybody saying all refugees have ulterior motives :)

Just most of them?
    What doesn’t stand up is you making accusations of that nature to try ‘win’ a debate but hey.

I see you have a perennial problem with telling other persons what their motivations 'truly' are.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

These are photos of the Jihadi killer Jamel Gorchene.
    Doesn't look particularly like someone who fuel up on ISIS videos and then would stab you in the neck for his god during the Muslim holy month, but he did.

42194478-9509329-image-a-39-1619362332328.jpg

42194486-9509329-image-a-46-1619362537934.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 25,585 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Doesn't look particularly like someone who fuel up on ISIS videos and then would stab you in the neck for his god during the Muslim holy month, but he did.

Murderer doesn't look like a murderer, if only it was that easy to spot them hey? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭BingCrosbee

I’d love to know if his parents are proud of him as I am sure they have been interviewed. Is there a pride and hero worship amongst the Muslim community for his actions, is it seen as a brave act against the infidel. Just wondering. I have a few lovely Muslim friends and could not imagine them condoning such an act.

Why’s that? Islam is a religion, not an image. Do Muslims not jog or cycle?

Murderer doesn't look like a murderer, if only it was that easy to spot them hey? :rolleyes:

What does a murderer look like?
    I never knew there was a certain photo that showed a person as a murderer and surprised if there is that they’re all not locked up. 😂😂

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭DerekC16

Christianity constantly gets
    mocked across Europe. But mock the prophet Mohammed and theres mass protests worldwide and bloodshed. Islam is a violent religion and its followers cant take criticism. It would be better if it wasnt in Europe at all, a lot more people would still be alive.

Advertisement