Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Strength shop Ireland

• 25-04-2021 1:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭

Anyone ever recently buy anything from these? Id my eye on a couple of barbells that were a good price, the problem is on the site it says orders may be subject to vat and duty charges on entry to Ireland (This is post brexit) and these extra charges aren't included on the site...so this means I'll be contacted when the goods arrive if there are any extra vat/duty charges...now I contacted them about this but weren't able to tell me how much extra that will add on to the price, anyone have any advice or experience with this?

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 3,194 Mod ✭✭✭✭Black Sheep

Anyone ever recently buy anything from these? Id my eye on a couple of barbells that were a good price, the problem is on the site it says orders may be subject to vat and duty charges on entry to Ireland (This is post brexit) and these extra charges aren't included on the site...so this means I'll be contacted when the goods arrive if there are any extra vat/duty charges...now I contacted them about this but weren't able to tell me how much extra that will add on to the price, anyone have any advice or experience with this?

I’ve been buying from them from years. Recently bought an adjustable bench from them and yes did pay import fees and VAT but as it was bought ex VAT no major issue. I can’t tell you exactly what you’d pay either, but the VAT is the main chunk obviously. They are still competitively priced.

Their shipping was a **** show after Brexit but ok now I believe.

If it’s the 2028 bars you’re looking at, they are decent alright. The best budget bar out there.

Advertisement