Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Feeding birds strange question

Options
  • 25-04-2021 4:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭

Might seem a bit of a strange post but anyhow...

I have been feeding birds in my back garden for a year or so now. Recently we bought a shiny grey bowl to put the seeds into. We’ve had birds come and go, eating from it, no problem...

Today we noticed that the silver bowl has gone missing! There is no sign of it around the garden and no chance of it getting out anyway!

Could it have been a bird that took it away, or just a gust of wind?

Has it happened to anyone else?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,621 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

fox, maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭TK Lemon

It’s a walled and gated garden with 6ft walls, in a row of semi Ds with a field behind us! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

Or a pair of Monty Python's coconut carrying swallows? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭Bsal

Could be a Magpie that's knicked your bowl, how big was the bowl?

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭Tiercel Dave

Del.Monte wrote: »
    Or a pair of Monty Python's coconut carrying swallows? :D

African or European ones?.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kamili

TK Lemon wrote: »
    It’s a walled and gated garden with 6ft walls, in a row of semi Ds with a field behind us! :P

My bet is a fox, I've seen then scale walls that high.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭Grolschevik

Neighbours.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Neighbours.

Delivery folk or..

Oh have you searched any bushes and long grass? May have got dropped by the bowlnapper..

Advertisement