Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flights from Canada to Ireland during Covid

Options
  • 25-04-2021 11:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

My son was due to fly from Toronto to Dublin on Aer Lingus, June 20th. He has just been told the flight is cancelled.

Does anybody know of flights from Canada on other dates being cancelled?

My concern is that, considering the latest quarantine requirements, very few people will want to travel and it may not be commercially viable for airlines to have any flights at all into Dublin.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭circular flexing

There are no direct Canada to Ireland flights at the moment and there hasn't been since March when Air Canada cancelled the Toronto-Dublin route. Your son will need to connect through another European city, most likely London or Amsterdam.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 JackN

There are no direct Canada to Ireland flights at the moment and there hasn't been since March when Air Canada cancelled the Toronto-Dublin route. Your son will need to connect through another European city, most likely London or Amsterdam.

Thanks. Aer Lingus are still selling direct Toronto-Dublin fares from June 21st onwards. Do you reckon these will be cancelled in time?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭circular flexing

JackN wrote: »
    Thanks. Aer Lingus are still selling direct Toronto-Dublin fares from June 21st onwards. Do you reckon these will be cancelled in time?

I would say they are guaranteed to be cancelled unless the mandatory hotel quarantine rule is lifted on both sides.

Advertisement