Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Synthetic Grass Recommendations

Options
  • 26-04-2021 9:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭

HI,

Looking for Synthetic Grass recommendations in Dublin or surrounding areas (based in Dublin, looking for supply and fit) from anyone who has had it done? Are Sanctuary Synthetics the leading company?

We are looking to get our back garden done, approx 35m2.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭JPup

Family grass did ours last year and we’re delighted with it. Great for kids to play on.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,229 ✭✭✭jellybear

Sent you a PM :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭rje66

Smurts wrote: »
    HI,

Looking for Synthetic Grass recommendations in Dublin or surrounding areas (based in Dublin, looking for supply and fit) from anyone who has had it done? Are Sanctuary Synthetics the leading company?

We are looking to get our back garden done, approx 35m2.

Thanks!
    Why anyone wants this in their garden is beyond me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,324 ✭✭✭JustAThought

rje66 wrote: »
    Why anyone wants this in their garden is beyond me.

I’ve seen a few of these over the past 2 years - first year from a distance looks pristine and swanky - following year it looks rubbish - don’t seem to matter how much they spent on it. Neighbours out vaccuming the law and rubbing birds**t off it with cloths on their knees - it looks grey and shabby very quickly with basic air pollution that you’d never see in grass - like dirty windows beside clean ones. Also its so bad for drainage and the environment/wildlife - personally I wouldn’t unless I was selling a really bad house. It’ll soon be the new equivalent of burberry or icicle lights left on all year round. Big mistake IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭Smurts

Between the kids playing and the dog burning patches on it with its business, the real grass is becoming impossible to upkeep - it is patchy beyond belief. I would have been against false grass myself originally from an environmental perspective, but not sure we have a choice! We do have a front garden and plenty of planted areas so still doing our bit for the bee's!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭staples7

I’ve seen a few of these over the past 2 years - first year from a distance looks pristine and swanky - following year it looks rubbish - don’t seem to matter how much they spent on it. Neighbours out vaccuming the law and rubbing birds**t off it with cloths on their knees - it looks grey and shabby very quickly with basic air pollution that you’d never see in grass - like dirty windows beside clean ones. Also its so bad for drainage and the environment/wildlife - personally I wouldn’t unless I was selling a really bad house. It’ll soon be the new equivalent of burberry or icicle lights left on all year round. Big mistake IMO.

You couldn’t be more wrong. Have it in a few years now and the best investment I’ve made

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭BobbyT28

Smurts wrote: »
    Between the kids playing and the dog burning patches on it with its business, the real grass is becoming impossible to upkeep - it is patchy beyond belief. I would have been against false grass myself originally from an environmental perspective, but not sure we have a choice! We do have a front garden and plenty of planted areas so still doing our bit for the bee's!

you don't need to justify yourself to anyone! Family grass did ours last year and was the best thing we did. No more muck, pop stains from dog, stains on grass from toys etc.

Completely resolved our drainage issues when we got it done. Have never hoovered my lawn :D. The quality of artificial grass really makes the difference IMHO,we have neighbors down the road who got artificial grass 8-9 years ago and it still looks as good as new.

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭FinnC

JPup wrote: »
    Family grass did ours last year and we’re delighted with it. Great for kids to play on.

Family grass just did ours a few weeks ago and we are also delighted with it.

FinnC wrote: »
    Family grass just did ours a few weeks ago and weee also delighted with it.

Family grass did ours also. Completely resolved drainage issues and great for kids to play on. Plenty of flowers in flower beds and creepers for bees to feast on for all the worried folk out there!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭rje66

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭caddy16

A neighbour of ours also used family grass and were very happy with them.

Advertisement