Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canadian Pension

Options
  • 26-04-2021 10:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hello:

If I return to Ireland and open a BOI account and have my Canada Pension Plan (CPP) Pension payments deposited monthly into the account. Is there a fee for each deposit?

Note :(CPP) Pension is similar to Irish State Contributory Pension.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Eve

Hi there, thanks for getting in touch with us here on Boards.ie. 

There would be fees applied when receiving a payment from a country outside of the EU. 

If this payment is being received in Euro to your account then anything over €65 and up to €150 the fee applied should be €5. Anything over €150 and up to €1500 the fee applied should be €7.50. Any amount over €1500 the fee applied should be €12.50. 

If the payment being received to your account is in a foreign currency then anything over €65 there should be a fee of €5 applied to your account. 

I hope this information helps. 

Thanks, Eve 

• Registered Users Posts: 2 CandaGoose

Hi there, thanks for getting in touch with us here on Boards.ie. 

There would be fees applied when receiving a payment from a country outside of the EU. 

If this payment is being received in Euro to your account then anything over €65 and up to €150 the fee applied should be €5. Anything over €150 and up to €1500 the fee applied should be €7.50. Any amount over €1500 the fee applied should be €12.50. 

If the payment being received to your account is in a foreign currency then anything over €65 there should be a fee of €5 applied to your account. 

I hope this information helps. 

Thanks, Eve 
    I also get an Irish State Contributory Pension and UK State Contributory Pension. Are fees also charged for deposit of those. I believe that it is paid weekly in Ireland.

Note: the Canadian and UK Pensions are direct deposit (in euro) not wire transfer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

CandaGoose wrote: »
    I also get an Irish State Contributory Pension and UK State Contributory Pension. Are fees also charged for deposit of those. I believe that it is paid weekly in Ireland.

Note: the Canadian and UK Pensions are direct deposit (in euro) not wire transfer.
    Hi CandaGoose,

Incoming payments from Irish or banks located within the European Economic Area are covered by the €6 monthly fee, this is not charged on Golden Years accounts which is for customers aged over 66. For information on charges to receiving an incoming payment from the UK, please see page 7 on our Schedule of International Transaction charges here.

Thanks
    Tara

Advertisement