Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garden Shed Recommendations

Options
  • 26-04-2021 11:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 38

Hi all,

Looking for recommendations for a durable garden shed preferable metal with an overhang/awning and damp insulation. We were all set to go with steeltech sheds as really like them then learnt they won't go through a terraced house to build the shed. Does anyone know of a similar garden shed company that can deliver via a terraced house? Really wanted something durable in particular.

Thanks,
    M
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

We spoke to Steeltech in 2019 who told us they could cut and go through the house, but they've obviously changed their policy with covid.

Other steel shed places told us that the insulated steel panels can't be cut to fit through a house. Which makes sense.

I'm somewhat loath to recommend https://mcdgardensheds.ie/ because they took nearly six months to deliver shed to me and only after hounding them for weeks.

Nevertheless, I'm delighted with the shed, so worth looking at.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 MyaP

Thanks for that Seamis, yes they said it was for insurance purposes, we were v disappointed. Thanks re the other recommendation & noted on the delivery time.
    seamus wrote: »
    We spoke to Steeltech in 2019 who told us they could cut and go through the house, but they've obviously changed their policy with covid.

Other steel shed places told us that the insulated steel panels can't be cut to fit through a house. Which makes sense.

I'm somewhat loath to recommend https://mcdgardensheds.ie/ because they took nearly six months to deliver shed to me and only after hounding them for weeks.

Nevertheless, I'm delighted with the shed, so worth looking at.

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭Fine Cheers

Try Faukner Sheds in Westmeath

• Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭thebiglad

I used Clane Steel Garden Sheds. They took mine through the house (10 x 8 in case that make a difference).

Thanks everyone, good few options there. Seems some companies are ok re bringing steel sheds through house if it is a straight run through. Lead in times are long but then everyone wants a shed now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭Fine Cheers

Shanette in Kilbeggan another option

Shanette in Kilbeggan another option

Thanks unfortunately they don’t go through terraced houses either

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭poker--addict

anyone recommend good rates for shed with some insulation?

😎

Advertisement