Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

houseplant pest - springtails?

Options
  • 26-04-2021 11:18am

I have a burro's tail trailing succulent. A few weeks ago I noticed tiny white insects in the soil. After some online digging I guessed that they are springtails because they jump slightly when I disturb the soil. I let the soil get very dry - didn't water for a month or so. Today I poked the soil in several places and saw nothing so I decided I would water the plant (which is looking healthy). Once the water went in loads of the little things appeared on the surface of the soil. Is this normal with springtails or could it be something else? How can I get rid of them?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭Reckless Abandonment

Spider mites maybe. I have them on one indoor plant and they are a pain to get rid of. I've been using pesticide spray and they still keep coming back

Advertisement