Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slipway Advice : Dun Laoghaire

• 26-04-2021 11:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭

Hello there,

Having never launched in DL before, any advice you would offer re launching in Dun Laoire please ? I believe that there are two public slipways - is one easier / more accessible than the other ? Launching a 6m speedboat from a single axle Snipe trailer.

Any / all advice appreciated..!

B

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭BobbyBingo

Just to close this one off, got some great advice here by PM - thanks to all who messaged me. Had a successful launch last weekend using the rough slip parallel to the DART/Rail line. I didn't fancy my chances on the other or "nicer" slip, as it was littered with dinghy trolleys. More adept people at reversing trailers would no doubt have navigated around them, but I didn't fancy my chances. I couldn't believe that they are able to leave them there like that.

Anyhow - thanks once again one and all for the advice.

B

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,026 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

BobbyBingo wrote: »
    Just to close this one off, got some great advice here by PM - thanks to all who messaged me. Had a successful launch last weekend using the rough slip parallel to the DART/Rail line. I didn't fancy my chances on the other or "nicer" slip, as it was littered with dinghy trolleys. More adept people at reversing trailers would no doubt have navigated around them, but I didn't fancy my chances. I couldn't believe that they are able to leave them there like that.

Anyhow - thanks once again one and all for the advice.

B

Many a car has gone into the sea due to slime on a slip, its a good idea to have an extension bar or even use a strong rope and pully to lower a boat. You could head out a high tide comeback at low and well... also always have your windows down that way if something does go wrong you can get out,.

Advertisement