Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

This is apparently allowed on a pet forum....

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭Knine

Well for a start the information is not based on fact as Rottweilers are not cropped. In many EU countries docking is also illegal.

The poster was not talking about Ireland anyhow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 596 ✭✭✭nsnoefc1878

Knine wrote: »
    Well for a start the information is not based on fact as Rottweilers are not cropped. In many EU countries docking is also illegal.

The poster was not talking about Ireland anyhow.

Does it matter what country they were talking about? They are suggesting this as an option for the purposes o profit, on a pet forum.
    Its a form of extreme cruelty to dogs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭Knine

Does it matter what country they were talking about? They are suggesting this as an option for the purposes o profit, on a pet forum.

Sadly in Ireland, it is also happening - The dog of popularity at the moment, Various generic bull breed types clearly born here have their ears cropped!

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭hurleronditch

You have misconstrued what the poster said. I think the situation they refer to is that the OP goes to the trouble of having her dog have a litter of pups, help to look after them and get them ready to sell and then discover that no one wants to buy them because whatever country they are in the cruel practice of docking and ear clipping is expected and no one wants the pups unless it’s done.

The reply does not suggest that the poster wants to do that or is encouraging it, merely stating that if you are against the practice you may not make a profit, which is what the original poster was looking to understand.

Outrage for outrage sake doesn’t help anyone’s cause either. Nothing in that thread said to me that either OP or the reply were pro-docking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 596 ✭✭✭nsnoefc1878

You have misconstrued what the poster said. I think the situation they refer to is that the OP goes to the trouble of having her dog have a litter of pups, help to look after them and get them ready to sell and then discover that no one wants to buy them because whatever country they are in the cruel practice of docking and ear clipping is expected and no one wants the pups unless it’s done.

The reply does not suggest that the poster wants to do that or is encouraging it, merely stating that if you are against the practice you may not make a profit, which is what the original poster was looking to understand.

Outrage for outrage sake doesn’t help anyone’s cause either. Nothing in that thread said to me that either OP or the reply were pro-docking.

I have misconstrued nothing.
    The poster should not be even mentioning it. The only context they should mention it in would be to discourage it vehemently.
    The highlighted it was the road to take if profit was the goal.
    That is absolutely disgraceful to see on a pet forum. The fact youd defend it is equally reprehensible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭hurleronditch

I have misconstrued nothing.
    The poster should not be even mentioning it. The only context they should mention it in would be to discourage it vehemently.
    The highlighted it was the road to take if profit was the goal.
    That is absolutely disgraceful to see on a pet forum. The fact youd defend it is equally reprehensible.

Nowhere I have I defended it, it’s abhorrent. But I live in the real world and I’m trying to provide the context that the poster implied on an honest question about making profit from your pet having puppies.

Your level of outrage over the way something has been communicated doesn’t warrant further discussion. I’m out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,964 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

Closed for review. Moderator decisions are not normally up for discussion publicly on the forum. A more appropriate place might be the feedback forum. We will let you know if we decide to allow this thread or not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,964 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

Yeah, poster permabanned.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement