Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best Hardware wallet to support crypto

• 26-04-2021 10:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68 ✭✭

Hi all, just looking for some advice, I was just about to pull the trigger on a purchase of a ledger hardware wallet only to discover some crypto currencies such as monero and cardano for example are not supported yet with ledger live, their app for managing storage. I haven’t purchased these yet but may do in future.

Can these still be put on the wallet? Is there any other wallet that has a broader support for storage?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 427 ✭✭HGVRHKYY

Get a Trezor instead, preferably the model T

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,985 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Stay away from Ledger, a company that has managed to have customer databases leaked has no place offering any form of custody or security product to customers.

They blame a 3rd party, well Leedger are responsible for the security of any info supplied to them.
    Blaming the other guy isn't good enough imo, a blindness to simple hashing and database security doesn't bode well for confidence in the security of their products and rightly so IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

Does the Trezor Model T hold all the main cryptos? And can you use it just with your phone or do you need a laptop too?

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Donegal1234

mutley18 wrote: »
    Does the Trezor Model T hold all the main cryptos? And can you use it just with your phone or do you need a laptop too?

Yes supports all major cryptos. Only available on laptop. No mobile app.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68 ✭✭Ixlandia

Thanks guys

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,092 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

Yes supports all major cryptos. Only available on laptop. No mobile app.

Not a criticism at all, I have no idea, but what happens if you have the wallet on your laptop and you lose the laptop through a hard drive crash etc.?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭Rob2D

Not a criticism at all, I have no idea, but what happens if you have the wallet on your laptop and you lose the laptop through a hard drive crash etc.?

Download the wallet again on a new drive and restore your account using a seed phrase/password.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,092 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

Thank you Rob2D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

there is also the option of the Atomic Wallet app

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,760 ✭✭✭el diablo

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    there is also the option of the Atomic Wallet app

Not quite as secure as a hardware wallet though.

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 melven100

Using ledger. My favourite, but it had some security issues in the past, so considering getting Trezor as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,760 ✭✭✭el diablo

Has there been other security issues besides the leaking of customer data a year or two ago?

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

Advertisement