Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eoghan Murphy TD resigns...

Options
15678911»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭Jizique

Bubbaclaus wrote: »
    You were asking about his pension, which he will get in 2047 when he turns 65. Not in 2 years as you claimed you read somewhere.

Are you sure? Does Mary Hannafin not collect a pension for her time as minister even though she is not yet pension age?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

Jizique wrote: »
    Are you sure? Does Mary Hannafin not collect a pension for her time as minister even though she is not yet pension age?

The rules changed for anyone elected since 2004. Eoghan Murphy became a TD in 2011.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,192 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Jizique wrote: »
    He wasn’t kicked out of his job, he is still a TD.
    I have no objection to him getting a pension, but I do object to him (a) not being able to fund it himself from contributions made from his well paid job, just as I do, and (b) being able to draw it down before his constituents are.

The pension arrangements for guards (and Defence force members) are a separate issue and worthy of a further thread.

He isn't, he had resigned his seat. It is currently vacant.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭Jizique

Bubbaclaus wrote: »
    The rules changed for anyone elected since 2004. Eoghan Murphy became a TD in 2011.

Thanks for clarifying - I had a feeling the rules changed at some stage but I thought it was after the IMF paid a visit.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Oymyakon

Murph85 wrote: »
    She should start a new party... waste of time going back to fg

Another new one?? :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,416 ✭✭✭archfi

The issue is never the issue; the issue is always the revolution.

The Entryism process: 1) Demand access; 2) Demand accommodation; 3) Demand a seat at the table; 4) Demand to run the table; 5) Demand to run the institution; 6) Run the institution to produce more activists and policy until they run it into the ground.

Advertisement