Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Options
  • 27-04-2021 9:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

After a long while I wanted to use online banking again and had to find out I now need a smartphone to do so. I DO NOT have a smartphone and are not planing to buy one. Is there an alternative method? If not please let me know how to close my business account. Please note I am currently in Australia and will be here for a while.
    Thanks MK

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

After a long while I wanted to use online banking again and had to find out I now need a smartphone to do so. I DO NOT have a smartphone and are not planing to buy one. Is there an alternative method? If not please let me know how to close my business account. Please note I am currently in Australia and will be here for a while.
    Thanks MK
    Hi Freeddy test 23,

Thanks for your post and welcome to Boards.ie.

The European Commission has requested that all banks in the EU introduce extra security checks whenever customers are logging into their account online and when they are moving money out of their accounts. Going forward, when you do either of those things we'll be asking you to confirm it's actually you, the account holder, logging in. The easiest way to confirm this is to use your mobile phone because you probably always have that to hand. The mobile phone can be registered as a Security Device by downloading our Mobile Banking App. A tablet or iPad can also be used as a security device. For Android devices Android 6.0 or higher is required and for iPhones or iPad iOS 10 or higher is required.

Customers were notified of these changes by letter, email and messaging on 365 Online and the Mobile App and you can find more information on these changes here.

For customers who can’t have a smartphone or tablet a Physical Security Key (PSK) will be provided. This is a small handheld device which can be registered on your profile as a security device. You can find more information on how the PSK works on the link here. You can request one by calling us on +35314044000 or by logging on to 365 Online and selecting 'I don't have a smart phone/tablet' and completing the online request form.

Thanks
    Tara

Advertisement