Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How did you score in your last round? - 2021

Options

Comments

29pts off 23, putting killed me today, too many doubles and 3 putts

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

I had 42 putts today, 42 putts!!!

91 strokes and 42 of them were putts

Yes 42 putts

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭coillcam

Shot 98 today which would have been 31 points.

5 pars
    7 bogeys
    1 double
    5 triples or worse.
    35 putts

This is my best 18 hole score by 1. However I'm a little dissapointed as I really blew up a few holes and had a great chance to shoot close to 90. Had 5 GIRs and 5 pars which are also new personal bests.

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭Neewollah

Shot 77 today off 6 for 36 points.

Playing really solid.

0 birdies,
    13 pars,
    4 bogeys,
    1 double.

No real luck on the greens. 34 putts with no 3 putts. Lipped out a few times for birdie.

Delighted with my driving all round but 2 ended up in the water today which did a bit of damage.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭tommyombomb

redzerdrog wrote: »
    I had 42 putts today, 42 putts!!!

91 strokes and 42 of them were putts

Yes 42 putts

Mad stuff isnt it. Putting is becoming a real problem for me recently. I am shooting around 105 to 110 recently and floating in the 40s also.

Only positive is my chipping is improving so definately will be breaking 40 putts soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,742 ✭✭✭✭Wichita Lineman

Nett 73 off 18 in our first strokeplay event of the season. Delighted with that as I've had 4 very poor rounds recently. Light at the end of the tunnel!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,011 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

89 strokes, 34 points off 15.

1 birdie
    3 pars
    11 bogies
    2 doubles
    1 triple

10/14 FIR
    5/18 GIR
    36 putts

Very good off the tee, hit alot of fairways, most in a longtime but didn't take advantage. 9 bogies in a row so I was consistent. Two poor lay ups on 2 par 5's cost me big time. Disappointed to scratch the last. Slowly improving though, hopefully get level 2's and a cut soon.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 31 dconnolly81

Had my best ever round today 76 gross playing off 10. Left a lot of birdies out there but will not complain hopefully its a sign of whats to come this season

Much better round today, 41pts off 24, lag putting very poor again and had 41 putts so alot of room for improvement. Driving and approach play in general much better, missing in the right places.

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭rickis tache

Another round with the whole bag used.
    32 points off 13 from the tips.
    16 out and back.
    Still think there's a huge score coming..... hopefully soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭willabur

2 rounds to report

73 shots, 7 over - 40 points
    85 shots, 19 over - 28 points

First round no birdies, no double bogies
    Second round, 4 birdies, 7 scratched holes

Golf is a mad game

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭Salvation Tambourine

My goal for 2021 is to consistently hit under 100. I'm relatively new to golf, started playing properly in the last couple of years. I've not natural swing though so very much learning as I go. I've my first lesson on Wednesday so hopefully that'll help me.

I've played two rounds in 2021. 99 & 95 strokes, 37 & 41 points off of 29. Played Silloge both times so a forgiving enough course.

I've another round to play on Friday so hoping I can knock a couple more shots off as I duffed a few that I really had no excuse in doing. Slowly getting there. One more round over 36 points and I'll drop the handicap down.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭mighty magpie

Decent weekend.

Saturday finished +2 for my best round yet at home course (have two level par rounds at previous course, never hit +1)

41 points, Tied 3rd overall and got my category prize. 23 points on our tougher front 9.

2 Birdies
    13 Pars
    2 Bogeys
    1 Double (duffed driver and wedge on 10 when sitting -1)

9 GIR
    6 up and downs
    28 putts (missed 2 x 4 footers)

Sunday +8 for 35 points.
    Disappointing round as i was level through 6 and ahead of handicap with 4 to play.

Handicap index down to 6.1 then 5.9.

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭ClutchIt

Shot 89 on Sat. First round under 90. Delira.

ClutchIt wrote: »
    Shot 89 on Sat. First round under 90. Delira.

were you aware your last stroke was to break the seal? or were you blissfully unaware until you totted them all up?

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭KevH1984

First strokeplay event of the year over the weekend, 76 gross off 2. Was a bit of a mad round, never hit a fairway until the 15th which is very unlike me. Putting wasn't great either, made 1 putt over 5 feet all day. Somehow was level par playing 13, drive pushed right in to trees. Gap there to either lay up 60 yards short or take on the hero shot with a big slice to get it towards the green. Of course the hero shot was hit, came off the trees and OB right. Kicking myself afterwards, I'd always try hit the shot if it's on. Big lesson there, take your medicine at the right time and looking back there was zero value trying to hit the shot I did. Bogeyed the next too as I was thick.

All in all had 1 birdie, 2 bogeys 1 treble and 14 pars for +4. In hindsight if I shot any better it would have been robbery. It was not all bad however as my chipping and pitching was excellent, got up and down 7 or 8 times due to my bad driving. I've a feeling a really low score is on the cards shortly once my driver and putter behave a little bit better.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,187 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Been a pretty mixed bag since i have been back. Driving very hit and miss till i think i figured something out at the weekend, and my mid range irons are good. Long irons and short chips around the green have been very poor. Mostly high 20/low 30 point rounds, with a whopping 22 in my first competition.

Did shoot 85 strokes on Saturday morning though, which is the first time playing to my handicap since the restart.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭blue note

Oh boy. Usually I come in from my rounds feeling I didn't strike the ball too badly in spite of my terrible score. Not the case yesterday. 22 points overall. I shanked two 9 irons on the first tee. And the round largely continued like that.

I parred our index 1 at least. First time in competition for me so at least there was a positive in the round. And on the 16th hole (after me slicing my drive OB my partner offered me swing advice. He said I wasn't rotating. Which made perfect sense - I meant I was coming from out to in and hitting down extremely steeply on the ball, so there was no room for being off on my timing. I was also coming up about a club short all day and again it added up - if I wasn't rotating I wasn't getting the power into my swing. And I played the last two holes perfectly. Nine iron to about 10 feet on the 17th, 3w and wedge to about 12 feet on 18. Shaved past the hole on both to miss the birdie but at least finished with a couple of pars.

It's such a funny game though. I couldn't figure out what I was doing wrong and it absolutely killed me. It wasn't a huge thing, certainly wasn't a huge thing to fix. So in spite of the fact that in those conditions the worst I'd fear that I'd score would be high 20s and I came in with 22, I'm not completely crestfallen.

That said, I got back into the game a year and a half ago. They gave me a handicap of 14. After some very up and down rounds I went out to 15, but then I strung together a half dozen decent rounds. I came down to 13 and pretty much assumed I on my way back to where I was when I put the clubs into the garage back in 2014. Then I had about 10 rounds where I was either in the buffer or got .1 back. I went back to 14. The new handicap system came in and recalculated me as 17. And if I don't get my act together I'll be off 20 before I know it. And entirely deserve it. I played with a 32 handicapper yesterday who took less shots than me.

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭ClutchIt

willabur wrote: »
    were you aware your last stroke was to break the seal? or were you blissfully unaware until you totted them all up?

Blissfully unaware thankfully! Though my last stroke was a 2 inch putt after missing a 4 footer :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭macslash

Won my first competition at the weekend with 39points. Won on BD aswell! Wasn't expecting it, but delighted to get my maiden win. Only started playing properly last year. Goal for the rest of the year is to reduce the HI, slowly and surely!!

• Advertisement

ClutchIt wrote: »
    Blissfully unaware thankfully! Though my last stroke was a 2 inch putt after missing a 4 footer :D

ha, I am glad it was for 89

• Registered Users Posts: 8,023 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Shot 87(37 points) off 17 in my first competition since September. Nearly all good tee shots bar 1 hole. Chipping and putting quite good, did half an hour practice before tee time which helped I guess. My irons from 4 to pw are a complete lottery, chunks, thins, slices and a full on shank where I lost my only ball of the round. Need to get iron lessons I think to try and find some consistency.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭finglashoop

11 points on the front, was ready to get back in the car
    21 on the back

front was atrocious off the tee off the fairway and on the green.

8x 3 putts overall. 6 on the front. putter was stone cold. for pace and read all day

we were a two behind a groups of fours. as soon as the pace picked up so did my game. really struggle when waiting on tee boxes

Had 29pts after 13 holes today :D and then the heavens absolutely opened and it lashed on us. I ended up with 32pts for the 18. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭coillcam

Shot 90 today (Course HC 22 / WHS HC 19.9). I think it was 41 points on the Golf Ireland app.

6 pars (new PB)
    8 bogeys
    2 doubles
    2 triples
    2 penalties (1x OB from the tee and shanked a 2nd on par 5)

Absolutely over the moon. This is 8 shots of improvement over my previous best score (98 last week). I didn't leave too many shots out there.

I got fitted for a new driver TSi3 with a stiff shaft last week (previously using reg on the old driver). It's completely changed my confidence from the tee. Definitely longer and straighter. More importantly, my misses are much less punishing.

I checked my HC on the Golf Ireland app after uploading this score and it dropped to 13.6 which is laughable. I still haven't enough scores recorded for it even out accurately. In a month I've gone from 21.1 -> 19.9 -> 13.6. I guess I won't have a chance to place in a comp for a while :pac:

The new target for 2021 is to break 85 and consistently shoot in the 80s.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 dconnolly81

After shooting my best ever score last weekend 6 over off 10 I played on Wednesday 1st competition of the year and went out and won that with 37 points 9 over. Thought i was gone after the shocking front 9 was 8 over (15 points) then hit the back 9 and went 1 over (22 points) was fairly shocked that that won it was expecting someone to come in with 40 odd points. Down now to 9.1 a cut of .5 . Going in the right direction so happy out

• Registered Users Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭dan_ep82

z3yyTVE.png?1

My best non casual round so far this year, had a 79 in a casual which was my best round in years, playing partner wasn't a GUI member so couldn't submit it unfortunately. I had an 89 and a 97 ( :o ) aswell over the last few weeks that did count.

Some parts of my golf are really good at the minute relative to me but others still are not what they were compared to 2019/2020. My short game isn't quite as sharp with no real greens to practice on apart from the 15 minutes before tee'ing off.

Lesson Monday to see what I'm doing wrong as I'm still having quite a few toe strikes and heavy iron shots.

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭swededmonkey

An incredibly frustrating round this week. Started with 16 points for the first 6 holes and felt great and then the wheels came off with 5 points for the next 6 holes finishing with a poor 31 points.

My biggest issue was there wasn't one thing that was costing me scores. Just bad decision making a lot of the time

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭rickis tache

27 points off 12.
    Played in a 2ball and I just got bored.
    Decent start par, bogey,bogey but the we were let play through by the group in front. Cracking drive left with a short iron only to slice it into a green side bunker against the lip with no shot. Then thin it over the green to long grass and lost. Didn't bother to drop a ball and walked on to next tee. For whatever reason I gave up then. 3 more scratches and no chance of getting back on track.
    Still going to play in the morning though.

• Advertisement

35 pts off 19 yesterday which was yet another one of my rounds of two halves in that I had 22 on the front 9 then fell apart with 3pts in the next 4 holes before recovering over the final 5. One of these days it will click for 18 holes!

Advertisement