Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good doctor maynooth

• 27-04-2021 2:16pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭

Anyone know of a good - knowledge GP near straffan road , end , ideally - new to area - prefer to get recommendations - good or indeed - bad.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,249 ✭✭✭✭L1011

You'll have trouble getting registered with anyone really.

Dr Cowhey / Dr O'Sullivan are just off the Straffan Road and may be taking registrations. Would both have a good reputation.

Dr O'Rourke who is also that side of town is part-retired and I don't think taking new patients.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

L1011 wrote: »

Dr Cowhey / Dr O'Sullivan are just off the Straffan Road and may be taking registrations. Would both have a good reputation.

Dr O'Rourke who is also that side of town is part-retired and I don't think taking new patients.

Dr Cowhey is retiring - they’re not taking new patients at the minute anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭2012paddy2012

Ok thanks did hear some good things on Dr o Rourke might try thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭you2008

Anyone know of a good - knowledge GP near straffan road , end , ideally - new to area - prefer to get recommendations - good or indeed - bad.

Thanks

http://drnevillewilson.com/contact-me/

he moved to Kilcock new email -> drwilsonkilcock@gmail.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

you2008 wrote: »

Anyone thinking of going to him I would suggest a quick google search

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,920 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

If you have trouble finding a GP, you’ll need to contact the HSE Primary Care business manager in your area. The HSE will then assign you a GP in the locality.

Anyone thinking of going to him I would suggest a quick google search

I would strongly second this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 250 ✭✭fguinan

I would strongly second this.

Is this in relation to HPV vaccine?

fguinan wrote: »
    Is this in relation to HPV vaccine?

There's more than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

Kathleen Kelleher in Manor Mills medical is very good. Can just be hard to get an appt.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,088 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

yellow hen wrote: »
    Kathleen Kelleher in Manor Mills medical is very good. Can just be hard to get an appt.
    They're not accepting new patients, I called recently :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 582 ✭✭✭jethrothe2nd

Ok thanks did hear some good things on Dr o Rourke might try thank you

I have been with Dr O'Rourke for a number of years now and would have only positive things to say. As mentioned though he is part retired and only does morning appointments. I doubt he is taking on any new patients, but worth a try

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Tango One

There's more than that.

Been using Dr Wilson for years with no issue. Google is not throwing anything up for me either?

Tango One wrote: »
    Been using Dr Wilson for years with no issue. Google is not throwing anything up for me either?

Just look at his blog. He has views that many people would not want to support.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,913 ✭✭✭YellowLead

There’s a primary care centre in Kilcock which isn’t too far up the road. It took me years on a waiting list to get into Dr Coweys surgery.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,980 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

If you have trouble finding a GP, you’ll need to contact the HSE Primary Care business manager in your area. The HSE will then assign you a GP in the locality.

Not true unless you have a medical card or over seventies GP card. A relative was in this situation, her doc retired and closed down overnight, single person practice. Could not get another GP for love nor money, then Covid came. The HSE could not help as relative was not in the free system. Irish College of GPs and Medical Council couldn't help either. Nightmare.

No one would take her on as her medical records were not available. Could not get them from retired GP practice either.

Eventually got registered with a GP 13 months later, and now that GP is gone part time and it ain't looking good for him and his wife staying in the country long term anymore.

No help if you pay for everything yourself, but all the supports are out there if you don't. Forgive me for the bitterness.

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭you2008

Just look at his blog. He has views that many people would not want to support.

He is mine Dr, is that mean he is bad one just because he post something you dont support?

you2008 wrote: »
    He is mine Dr, is that mean he is bad one just because he post something you dont support?

I would recommend people make themselves aware of his views on things - medically important things - before attending the surgery. That's all.

Advertisement