Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arlene, Edwin, her replacement and his replacement as leader of the DUP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭Hamsterchops

breezy1985 wrote: »
    I don't know what religion O'Neill is but I have never seen any instance where it has had a direct impact on her policy so it's pretty out of order to compare her a hardline DUP creationist

Really thinking of 'belief systems' and trying to get to grips with Poots belief in Creationism, which I really can't come to terms with, thought I'd then balance it up with another belief, which has obviously backfired.

Apologies.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Really thinking of 'belief systems' and trying to get to grips with Poots belief in Creationism, which I really can't come to terms with, thought I'd then balance it up with another belief, which has obviously backfired.

Apologies.

There's no need for balance everywhere. Sometimes you can say what you mean. It's okay.

---

Edwin Poots is a creationist bigot and homophobe.

---

See, I didn't have to say anything else for balance. The facts speak for themselves.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 48 Lougho

Apologies.

Hang on!! Do you mean The world isn't just 5900 years older then Norther Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,971 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

It'll be interesting to see how much Arlene Frosty thaws out and becomes more conciliatory as some former leaders of yinyinism do.

Classy

• Registered Users Posts: 27,971 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Really thinking of 'belief systems' and trying to get to grips with Poots belief in Creationism, which I really can't come to terms with, thought I'd then balance it up with another belief which has obviously backfired.

Apologies.

You touched a sensitive nerve.

At the end of the day, Poots is allowed to believe whatever he wants to believe, that is religious freedom. If he wants to make Creationism public policy, that is a different matter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,412 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

blanch152 wrote: »

At the end of the day, Poots is allowed to believe whatever he wants to believe, that is religious freedom. If he wants to make Creationism public policy, that is a different matter.

What about when he tries to stop gay people from living the life they want. He of course has the right to religious freedom but not pushing it on other which he and his party have done on many occasions

blanch152 wrote: »

You're doing the rounds today.

You should pop into the Ballymurphy thread and tell us what you think.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,917 ✭✭✭10000maniacs

Poots is not going to get an easy ride with his flat 6000 year old earth beliefs.

DUP.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 13,998 ✭✭✭✭briany

At the end of the day, I don't think it's a good idea for the DUP to go even more conservative than they already are as it makes it even more difficult to claw back votes lost to non-aligned parties, and trying to ramp up the ussuns/themmuns rhetoric could have the unintended consequence of pushing those voters even further away.

briany wrote: »
    At the end of the day, I don't think it's a good idea for the DUP to go even more conservative than they already are as it makes it even more difficult to claw back votes lost to non-aligned parties, and trying to ramp up the ussuns/themmuns rhetoric could have the unintended consequence of pushing those voters even further away.

It's not a good idea for them.

I can see some advantages though.

• Advertisement

It's not a good idea for them.

I can see some advantages though.

Oh I can see about 6 advantages alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,160 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Is Poots as well connected in Fine Gael as Donaldson was?

Is Poots as well connected in Fine Gael as Donaldson was?

As in does he get standing ovations by Fine Gael party members like Jeff did on his masterful idea that Ireland should rejoin the commonwealth.

Edwin would be more outrageous then Jeff oh the Decendents of MacNeill will ate him up.

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭lurleen lumpkin

Poots getting busy lowering standards. I wonder how many of his family and buddies are applying for these schemes.

https://www.daera-ni.gov.uk/news/minister-cuts-cross-compliance-penalties

• Registered Users Posts: 4,031 ✭✭✭trashcan

briany wrote: »
    The Pope is considered infallible on matters of Catholic doctrine. It's not like he has to be allowed to win at chess because no move he makes can be wrong.

You mean, like a Wookie ? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,770 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Poots getting busy lowering standards. I wonder how many of his family and buddies are applying for these schemes.

https://www.daera-ni.gov.uk/news/minister-cuts-cross-compliance-penalties

Real whiff of gombeenery there.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,582 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Poots was asked by a BBC reporter about his opinion the world was 6000 years old, I expected him to say reports he believed this were false but it seems he does believe it.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,412 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

Poots was asked by a BBC reporter about his opinion the world was 6000 years old, I expected him to say reports he believed this were false but it seems he does believe it.

No he doesn't.

He believes it's 6024 years old. An important distinction

• Registered Users Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭RobbieTheRobber

breezy1985 wrote: »
    No he doesn't.

He believes it's 6024 years old. An important distinction

Created at 6pm on Saturday the 23rd of October 4004BC, meaning the earth will be 6025 years old later this year. I hope the pubs are open by then so I can properly celebrate.

Edit: As an act of God this has become my 4004th post which is proof god approves of the date of 4004BC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭cameramonkey

Created at 6pm on Saturday the 23rd of October 4004BC, meaning the earth will be 6025 years old later this year. I hope the pubs are open by then so I can properly celebrate.

Edit: As an act of God this has become my 4004th post which is proof god approves of the date of 4004BC
    it was 4004 bc alright but the date was the 12th of July.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

it was 4004 bc alright but the date was the 12th of July.

Battle of the Boyne didn't even happen on the 12th

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭cameramonkey

Battle of the Boyne didn't even happen on the 12th

You don't believe there actually was a battle of the Boyne do you?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,504 ✭✭✭✭mariaalice

Every culture and society that is waning in influence, power, or is under siege, doubles down on its purity as a response.

They need to read history better.

No better man to have inside info

No better man to have inside info

That's what I was thinking. He almost has better connections in the DUP than a FG conference organiser. :)

What time is the meeting?

Oh, if this goes belly up it will be delicious.

The destruction of the DUP, even over the course of a few years is something to savour.

What time is the meeting?

Oh, if this goes belly up it will be delicious.

The destruction of the DUP, even over the course of a few years is something to savour.

Don't know the time.
    From what I hear it is not good in the Fermanagh branch. Implosion is definitely on the cards if Poots can't get control.

That's the problem with Fermanagh half of it is water, the other half is Protestant. Neither a hurling stronghold.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,458 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Advertisement