Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

while line on iphone 7?

Options
  • 27-04-2021 5:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭

hi folks,

there's a white line down the middle of my iphone 7.. it appeared before but then disappeared but now its back and seems here to stay,. turned phone off and on.. still there.. it doesn't seem to be in photos which is good,.. none the less.. i'd like it gone..

any ideas what has caused this and how I can resolve it?

TIA

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭djdunny

Best thing to do is back up phone. Then restore (not reset) and set up new. If issue persists then it’s a hardware issue.

Any visible damage or bending to the iPhone?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭sporina

djdunny wrote: »
    Best thing to do is back up phone. Then restore (not reset) and set up new. If issue persists then it’s a hardware issue.

thanks but gee i don't trust myself to do all that..

no damage.. this happened as I was using the phone..

hardware issue? as in screen damaged or something else?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭djdunny

It may not be an obvious hardware issue like a visibly cracked screen but may be an internal damage due to the strip/knock

• Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭sporina

It may not be an obvious hardware issue like a visibly cracked screen but may be an internal damage due to the strip/knock

thanks - strange it occurred over time

• Registered Users Posts: 28,474 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Why would a restore help with a hardware issue? Never heard that advice before.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Logic

murpho999 wrote: »
    Why would a restore help with a hardware issue? Never heard that advice before.

It's to identify if it's a hardware issue. If it's still there after wiping the phone and putting on new software then it's hardware. It's ok as he works for Apple ;)

Advertisement